[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Two Hollywood Heavy Wieghts Pass on...

Pope Flick

The Prisoner is still my all time favourite TV show. I am not sure what I would think of it now (haven't seen an episode in 20 years) but I would definitely recommend people see at least one episode. You can't get more surreal 60s than that

The entire set of 17 episodes is available via Amazon. I have it and last watched it roughly a year ago. It's still an astonishing work and the back story is definitely not as dated as you'd think.

The entire set of 17 episodes is available via Amazon. I have it and last watched it roughly a year ago. It's still an astonishing work and the back story is definitely not as dated as you'd think.

http://www.amctv.com/videos/the-prisoner-1960s-video/

The entire series posted in full size flash in buildup for the series remake (with Ian McKellan as #2)

Many people here have probably never heard of the show, but to this day most schoalrs consider it one of the finest television shows ever produced.

It is nothing less than a complex philosophical exploration of man in society and how much individuality he can retain.

It, to this day, still remains the only TV show to ever be allowed to use a song by The Beatles with their permission. They licensed "All You Need is Love" it from Apple Corps in 1968 and no one was ever allowed to use their music, at least until Jacko bought the catalog, again.

The best thing is to watch all 17 episodes. It's 18 hours of TV that have inspired Lost, for instance. If not, watch 7: Arrival, Chimes, Dance of the Dead, Free for All, Living in Harmony (my favorite), Once Upon a Time & Fallout. You won't be disappointed. Those are the ones he wrote and directed, and we're the original scope of the series. It was doubled in size to fill out more of a TV season, but it's basically an extended mini-series.

It was, per episode, the most expensive TV show of its time.

He was originally sought after for James Bond, before Sean Connery. He also turned down The Saint before Roger Moore took the role.

He also apparently punched Mick Jagger in the mouth for hitting on his wife back in the 60's. He stayed married to her for 57 years so that says something about the guy as well.

He was a visionary who will be missed. The ultimate anti-establishment artiste. :wacko:

Edited by Pope Flick