[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cell Phones: Who has what?

keggerz

First of all, he's on Verizon so no iPhone. Second, I love my EnV but I too occasionally can dial stuff with it in my pocket. However, I've dropped, and banged it numerous times and it hasn't missed a beat. If all you're going to use in the phone though, just walk into Verizon and say, give me the cheapest thing you got. You'll probably get something clam shell and you'll end up loving it. All the higher end phones are all about music or cameras or texting or email or video or...

verizon phones(not sure if it will work since I am logged in)

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/c...ption=priceSort

I've got this one

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/c...tedPhoneId=3406

I got it because:

I like clam shell types

3Mp Camera (Outdoor shots are OK, but the lag and bad flash make indoor shooting next to impossible) Oh well!

It has a slot for more memory and I got a set of stereo BR headphones, so I use it like an iPod. D/L mp3's to the card from the 'puter and play. The sound is great!

Normal use is fine, decent sound, range, and batt life.

I have a Katana DLX. It has the NFL stuff on it. It has Sprint TV Channels on it that I never watch. It has a Gmail app. I can use the Opera mini-browser. I can make calls with it. It fits in my pocket. I had a Windows based phone a few years ago. While I liked the functions, I hated the size. I like my phone to look and act like a phone.

Been through several Blackberrys...nice but doesn't take much to throw the sync or apps out of whack. Constantly having to add/remove software on it to keep it running.

Treos - great until you drop it or knock it off a server. Haven't had one yet that can take a lick and not have at least one hardware component take a hike.

Cingular 81xx series PDA - Total crap, or maybe it was just the Verizon carrier...all in all hated it...too bulky, the slide out keyboard was a pain to deal with, not intuitive at all...had it for 2 months and begged for forgiveness from my boss.

Samsung Blackjack - Nice little PDA...sleek, not heavy at all...dropped it a few times and it still keeps going without any problems. Drops the Bluetooth randomly on occasion as it also does with phone/email connectivity. Reboot it and it comes back fine. Phone reception can be very crackly at time but this is probably due to AT&T more than the phone itself. Camera works really well and actually takes decent photos.

iPhone is on the FedEx truck today so will have it in my hands in a few hours...

BB Curve - T-Mobile

ETA: If I don't lock it, my left ass check tends to call people in my address book.

lol, same phone here (Sprint), I even put it in the holster, it either calls people at will or it mysteriously changes the "Notification profiles" (key word-ringer type & volume) to go on vibrate, then I don't know someone has called me for days on end....

First of all, he's on Verizon so no iPhone. Second, I love my EnV but I too occasionally can dial stuff with it in my pocket. However, I've dropped, and banged it numerous times and it hasn't missed a beat. If all you're going to use in the phone though, just walk into Verizon and say, give me the cheapest thing you got. You'll probably get something clam shell and you'll end up loving it. All the higher end phones are all about music or cameras or texting or email or video or...

He did say his contract was up though.

2 new LG Decoy Limiteds will be here on monday...grand total out of pocket for both was $20.99(mine was free and my wifes was $19.99plus tax...family share plan and for some reason my phone gets a better discount)

edit: rebates were all instant and free shipping too..would have been here today had i placed the order prior to 4:30 yesterday

Edited by keggerz