[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

McAllister-gone?, Jerome Simpson-"key Player", C-Pep could start

irish

http://blog.nola.com/jeffduncan/2009/01/he...nstallment.html

Saints Ready To Release Deuce

Today, 09:39 AM

The New Orleans Times-Picayune expects the Saints to release RB Deuce McAllister "in the next couple of weeks."

Deuce counts $7.3 million against the cap in 2009. He is also due a $2 million roster bonus this offseason. Pierre Thomas seems to be the guy stepping up in N.O. any way.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=7481

Simpson A "Key Player"

Today, 10:08 AM

Despite a quiet 2008, Bengals HC Marvin Lewis still believes WR Jerome Simpson is a "key player" in the offense. Simpson is surely a "sleeper" for next season?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic.../901290349/1126

Culpepper The Favorite To Start?

Today, 11:59 AM

There is belief that Lions QB Daunte Culpepper will be the favorite to start in 2009. But C-Pep is due $5 million and that along with the fact that most thought his career was over could be enough to just cut him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bears May Go After Warner

Today, 03:37 PM

The Bears are believed to have interest in Cardinals QB Kurt Warner if he doesn't re-sign with Arizona.

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_11577247?nclick_check=1

Vikings Set Sights On Favre?

Today, 03:16 PM

The Vikings are in the news as having interest in Jets QB Brett Favre. Favre could be flat out released by the Jets as he'll cost $13 million this year, unless he takes a pay cut. "The Brett Favre-Vikings rumors have been circulating for a week. It's risky, but if the Vikings are unable to trade for Matt Cassel of New England or Matt Hasselbeck of Seattle, it wouldn't be shocking if they made a run at Favre should he become available, as expected."

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2009/01...ts_would_h.html

Jacobs Won't Sign If Plax Is Gone?

Today, 02:14 PM

Giants RB Brandon Jacobs hinted that he might not want to re-sign if WR Plaxico Burress is not on the team in 2009. "If I'm here," Jacobs said, "I need 17 back on that roster." This sounds like just talk but you never know.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

If the Vikings can't get Hasselbeck from Seattle? That has to have Mort's handywork all over it lol. Sorry VIkings fans, but you are not getting Matt Hasselbeck from Seattle. No chance. None. Somebody has quite an imagination.

Deuce may re-negotiate. I would think he would.

Orton looked very good this season. Why go after Warner? Go after some good offensive linemen or WR's instead.

I'd comment on the Hasselbeck story but I don't want to :D any fans. :wacko:

Orton looked very good this season. Why go after Warner? Go after some good offensive linemen or WR's instead.

A better question might be: Why in the hell would Warner want to play on a team that has no good WRs, plays outdoors in the cold, and has a terrible history at the QB position. Methinks that Warner to the Vikings would be a better fit.

If the Vikings can't get Hasselbeck from Seattle? That has to have Mort's handywork all over it lol. Sorry VIkings fans, but you are not getting Matt Hasselbeck from Seattle. No chance. None. Somebody has quite an imagination.

Its from Charley Walters column. When I saw the link, I knew right away whos garbage it was. He always throws stuff out there that isn't true or stuff that could happen. The title of the column is called, "DON'T PRINT THAT". This column is actually pretty tame comparing to some that he throws out there.

DON'T PRINT THAT

Red Sox catcher Jason Varitek's $5 million contract offer that could include an option through 2010 is intriguing. Twins catcher Joe Mauer can become a free agent after the 2010 season, and baseball insiders say Boston would be a big, big bidder if he's available.

The Brett Favre-Vikings rumors have been circulating for a week. It's risky, but if the Vikings are unable to trade for Matt Cassel of New England or Matt Hasselbeck of Seattle, it wouldn't be shocking if they made a run at Favre should he become available, as expected.

New Jets coach Rex Ryan expects Favre to attend offseason workouts, which Favre rarely did when he was in Green Bay. Currently, Favre counts for nearly $13 million on the Jets' tight salary cap, and they could save that money if they place him on waivers next month. The future hall of famer would then become a free agent and available to the Vikings, who were interested in him last summer. No doubt he would sell a lot of tickets in Minnesota despite the sour economy. Farve, 39, finished last season with a sore shoulder. If he shows he can still pass and play, his one-year price tag would be expected to be in the $9 million range.

Edited by Outshined

Did you see what the Vikings were willing to give up for Herschel Walker? Never say never.

A better question might be: Why in the hell would Warner want to play on a team that has no good WRs, plays outdoors in the cold, and has a terrible history at the QB position. Methinks that Warner to the Vikings would be a better fit.

I wouldn't mind that at all for a year or two if the price isn't too high.

http://blog.nola.com/jeffduncan/2009/01/he...nstallment.html

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=7481

Simpson A "Key Player"

Today, 10:08 AM

Despite a quiet 2008, Bengals HC Marvin Lewis still believes WR Jerome Simpson is a "key player" in the offense. Simpson is surely a "sleeper" for next season?

I think this is more about Marvin trying to justify a 2nd round draft pick that contributed nada this year. I like Caldwell's prospects more for next year, but Simpson's upside is intriguing for the future. I just think he's going to take much longer to develop than Caldwell, so if the Bengals are without CJ or TJ next year I would look for Caldwell to step up, not Simpson.

I think this is more about Marvin trying to justify a 2nd round draft pick that contributed nada this year. I like Caldwell's prospects more for next year, but Simpson's upside is intriguing for the future. I just think he's going to take much longer to develop than Caldwell, so if the Bengals are without CJ or TJ next year I would look for Caldwell to step up, not Simpson.

I thought the pick was more about replacing TJ this coming year if he left. Of course a 2nd round pick should do something but I saw both WR's as projects.

I thought the pick was more about replacing TJ this coming year if he left. Of course a 2nd round pick should do something but I saw both WR's as projects.

Personally, I think TJ will be back. At the very worst they will Franchise and trade him. There's no way they let him walk for nothing. I too agree that the Simpson and Caldwell picks last year were insurance plans for both CJ and TJ, but I see CJ getting moved before TJ.