[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Quit Smoking

fingfootball

$750 a month! That's more than my mortgage payment.

Could be, but let the bro vent! Not a dis to you Jimmy.

Rovers,

I'm w/ ya bro!

More later....

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scooby's been known to smoke virginia slim ultra lights here and there, I'm embarassed to admit, especially when w/ my older sister and always w/ my younger sis when she was alive, though never during pregnancy, or breastfeeding.

I smoke 3 packs a day.

Holy crap.

When I was a college student with like 6 hours of classes in a day, and a lot of time on a couch with a beer... I considered myself a chain smoker, and I could barely get through a pack and a half a day.

What is your smoking schedule like? How do you fit in that many cigarettes?

Holy crap.

When I was a college student with like 6 hours of classes in a day, and a lot of time on a couch with a beer... I considered myself a chain smoker, and I could barely get through a pack and a half a day.

What is your smoking schedule like? How do you fit in that many cigarettes?

I own a small landscaping biz. I'm home, outside or in the truck. It's automatic, like breathing. I just light one up and I'm not even aware I'm doing it. Sometimes I ifind myself with a butt in my mouth when I'm about to refuel my equipment! I start to shake at about an hour without a cigarette.

The price of a carton just went up like 15 bucks. It was killing me before, but now, unless I start robbing banks... cutting down doesn't work either. If I have 'em, I smoke 'em. This is gonna be rough. No way I can do it withour some precription stuff... don't know what, but I'll need all the help I can get.

I own a small landscaping biz. I'm home, outside or in the truck. It's automatic, like breathing. I just light one up and I'm not even aware I'm doing it. Sometimes I ifind myself with a butt in my mouth when I'm about to refuel my equipment! I start to shake at about an hour without a cigarette.

The price of a carton just went up like 15 bucks. It was killing me before, but now, unless I start robbing banks... cutting down doesn't work either. If I have 'em, I smoke 'em. This is gonna be rough. No way I can do it withour some precription stuff... don't know what, but I'll need all the help I can get.

Good luck, man. I picture you with a hugh wad of nicotine gum and covered in patches.... that's a hell of a habit to kick.

Good luck to all trying to quit.

I'm on day 8 cold turkey and things are going surprisingly well. I was a pack a day.

:wacko:

Gonna hopefully be close behind. I hope you do well. :D

:wacko:

Gonna hopefully be close behind. I hope you do well. :D

I hope so too.

It seriously hasn't been bad. Chomped on some nicorette the first couple days but that was it.

I find that I have more money in my wallet. My clothes don't stink. My car doesn't stink, etc...

I mean, who knows. Have I QUIT quit? Time will tell, but I do know that if I have, that first week was supposed to be the hardest and it wasn't so bad.

Good luck, man. I picture you with a hugh wad of nicotine gum and covered in patches.... that's a hell of a habit to kick.

Much more than a habit... it's an addiction, and reportedly more difficult to stop than what it is for a heroin addict.

Runt... hang in there man. Sounds like you are doing GREAT!

March 30 is Q day. Got some free patches coming to me from NYS (about time I got something from those bassssads in Albany after the money they have hit me up for over the years). I'm going with patches, the gum and a pipe, which I hope to rarely ever use other than as a pacifier.

I am ready this time. Really ready. If this doesn't work (and I'm determined to make it work) I'll look into the Chantrex or whatever it's called. I simply cannot afford this Josh Gordon anymore. I have no other options, but to quit.

Much more than a habit... it's an addiction, and reportedly more difficult to stop than what it is for a heroin addict.

Runt... hang in there man. Sounds like you are doing GREAT!

March 30 is Q day. Got some free patches coming to me from NYS (about time I got something from those bassssads in Albany after the money they have hit me up for over the years). I'm going with patches, the gum and a pipe, which I hope to rarely ever use other than as a pacifier.

I am ready this time. Really ready. If this doesn't work (and I'm determined to make it work) I'll look into the Chantrex or whatever it's called. I simply cannot afford this Josh Gordon anymore. I have no other options, but to quit.

Thanks!

Two weeks tomorrow morning.

Good luck and ya, once packs got to over $5, I did the math and it's $150/mo - $1800/yr. For what? Aside from the fact that I like smoking a Marlboro Light, there's zero benefit and a ton of negatives. The economics of it is what put it over the top.

Sh-t, I'd play hoops for two hours or work out hard for two hours and the first thing I'd do when I got in the car when I was done was light up.

Made no sense.

All I can say is prescription drugs!

Chantix to be more specific. I'm in the process of quitting now, and have been clean since just after Thanksgiving. As most have, I tried to quit multiple times using multiple approaches, but with Chantix, I feel I really have a shot this time. Mainly because it is a drug specifically designed to help with nicotine addiction and it is NOT an alternative nicotine source such as the patch, lozenge, or gum. Basically, you are going cold turkey from the addictive nicotine but without the "severe" side effects. The only draw back is the price, but I see it as a long-term value.

It has been two years this month for me and the Chantix worked wonders.It cost me 120 a month for what was to be 3 months.I only did 2 months worth and was fine .I never had any serious problems with it.Bad stomach ache one day and one day of coming home and going to bed at 3 in the afternoon.My brother tried it but all he could do was sleep so he continued to smoke.Not for everyone but imo one of the best drugs ever developed.

Smoked for 35 years. The most I smoked was a pack and half Marlboro Reds a day. Quit 3 years ago this May cold turkey. I was ready to quit.

Half the the battle is in your head. Good luck to all its really not that hard.

It is easier for some people than for others. In my 30's, I was fashionable, and doing lines. Became serously addicted, pretty much a coke fiend. Quiting coke was a walk in the park compared to butts for me. Like I said... I could more easilly not eat for a week than quit. But quit I will, just don't tell me it's easy... I've tried before.

Runt, still hangin in there? I sure hope so. I'm sittin here smoking my last few. Tomorrow is Q day. Goin with patches, gum and a pipe. When I go to bed tonight, I slap on a patch. The pipe will be the pacifier, I hope to rarely light it up t all.

The main thing is I REALLY RELLY want it this time. More so than with any other attempt to quit. Funny how money can get one's arrse motivated.

Progress... but not success. Had 6 butts yesterday. I guess 60 to 6 isn't all that bad. I just could not quite go cold turkey. Another day and I'll give it the old college try. What choice is there at $78 a carton? I was definetly short tempered, even though I had a few cigs. I knew it was going to be tough... I'll beat it, one way or another.

Hardest thing for me stopping cold turkey was the habit...not the craving. I took a month off work after the heart attack. I had almost no craving at home at all. As soon as I got back to work and 10:00 AM rolled around, I was dying to step outside and have one. Then at lunch, etc, etc. It was tougher than hell breaking the habits I had fallen into. I actually started doing things at different times to stop the cravings. It was very weird. Of course, the memory of the pain of the heart attack overwhelmed any habit and I am still successful 2 years later. Just the other night, we lost power and she lit candles. The power came back on and I went to blow them out. It's like these 3 candles on a plate thing. It used to take like 2 or 3 breaths to blow out all 3 candles. I knocked 'em all out in one blow. My lungs feel like a million bucks now. I never realized how crappy cigs made me feel until after I quit.

You can do it. Good luck, Rovers.