[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Our new puppy...

Cunning Runt

Our older dog seems to be on her last legs unfortunately so we wanted to have a new puppy to smooth the transition for the kids. A nice effect has been that our older dog has been a bit rejuvenated by the puppy.

Anyway - meet Sampson - the newest member of our family.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLanding.a...;localeid=en_US

He's cool looking. How big will he get? What kind of dog is it? Does his hair grow that way or was he trimmed?

It's a miniature schnauzer. His head will be about knee high when he's full grown. The coloring is part trimmed (that way when we got him) and partly because he's got some cool markings. Not sure how much of that will stay that way as he grows.

Will you crop his ears? That always seemed cruel to me, but all the schauzer breed show dogs have it done. I've been thingking about a standard schnuazer down the road... larger and fewer inbred breed illnesses. The giants have more health issues too. Very cute pup... schnauzers are great dogs. Blindness and tooth loss are issues with the mininture, though better breeding pracices have helped to reduce the frequency of those health problems.

Will you crop his ears? That always seemed cruel to me, but all the schauzer breed show dogs have it done. I've been thingking about a standard schnuazer down the road... larger and fewer inbred breed illnesses. The giants have more health issues too. Very cute pup... schnauzers are great dogs. Blindness and tooth loss are issues with the mininture, though better breeding pracices have helped to reduce the frequency of those health problems.

We haven't decided on the ears. Our other dog is also a miniature schnauzer and we did have her clipped. I think they're kinda cool without having them clipped. My mom has a standard and it's ears are floppy. I think I like it better that way.

And our dog does in fact have eyesight problems. Left eye tearduct are clogged or something. It cakes up and she can't see out of it.

We haven't decided on the ears. Our other dog is also a miniature schnauzer and we did have her clipped. I think they're kinda cool without having them clipped. My mom has a standard and it's ears are floppy. I think I like it better that way.

And our dog does in fact have eyesight problems. Left eye tearduct are clogged or something. It cakes up and she can't see out of it.

I have an 8 week old boxer and I get the question about clipping ears all the time... I think it's barbaric. The floppy ears look better to me anyways.

My boxer at 4-5 weeks old