[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Another "I should stop complaining about my problems" thread

driveby

A friend of mine in his late 40's has hereditary kidney failure/disease and is on a transplant waiting list. He also has circulation problems and a depressed immune system. About a month ago he was clipping his toe nails and nicked the second toe on his right foot. It got infected, putrified and had to be amputated. :D The doctors thought that would fix him up but more tissue died and they had to cut away some of his foot where the toe attached. Fast forward a couple days and the dead tissue spread to his third and fourth toes which were also amputated. Fast forward another few days and they took his big and little toe as well - toes all gone. :D A few days ago he noticed a small dark spot about the size of a pencil point on the top of his left foot. Doctor says we'll take a look at it tomorrow. Tomorrow comes and the dark spot is now the size of a quarter. Today the doctors are going to try and "flush" out the veins in his left foot to get the blood flow restored. If that fails they are going to have to take his foot and worst case scenario his whole left leg. :wacko:

A guy I play softball against, early 40's, and have known for quite a while had a heart attack last week. He's recovering but cannot work. A few days later his wife was diagnosed with cervical and colon cancer. They have a young daughter. I'm going to a benefit fund-raiser Sunday to help defray the medical bills.

I'm a lucky man.

Perspective is a clarifying thing.

Any of us with good health are extremely lucky we have the ability and attention to argue about things outside of just staying alive.

Despite all the cr@p I give you, you are a good man, db, to be concerned and help your friends in times of such great need. :wacko:

...wow...there have been health problems in my family...mostly leading to strokes...

I spend a lot of time doing my homework trying to avoid this hereditary fiasco ..it's tedious, but I have to do something...

it's painful to see people you know around you that are going through chit like that....

...all you can do is wish them well...and maybe in due time these obstacles and be overcome one way or another...

Wow, that sucks db, my thoughts and prayers go out to those folks. I work with a lady who is a diabetic and is currently going through some tough times. She has already needed 2 toes amputated and is going in to have a 3rd taken off. They say that once they start cutting it doesn't stop and that things go downhill progressively. It's terrible watching people suffer through experiences like that and when you see things like this you certainly count your blessings and are forunate to have your health and a few bucks in your pocket cause there are always people who are much worse off. :wacko:

A friend of mine in his late 40's has hereditary kidney failure/disease and is on a transplant waiting list. He also has circulation problems and a depressed immune system. About a month ago he was clipping his toe nails and nicked the second toe on his right foot. It got infected, putrified and had to be amputated. :D The doctors thought that would fix him up but more tissue died and they had to cut away some of his foot where the toe attached. Fast forward a couple days and the dead tissue spread to his third and fourth toes which were also amputated. Fast forward another few days and they took his big and little toe as well - toes all gone. :D A few days ago he noticed a small dark spot about the size of a pencil point on the top of his left foot. Doctor says we'll take a look at it tomorrow. Tomorrow comes and the dark spot is now the size of a quarter. Today the doctors are going to try and "flush" out the veins in his left foot to get the blood flow restored. If that fails they are going to have to take his foot and worst case scenario his whole left leg. :wacko:

A guy I play softball against, early 40's, and have known for quite a while had a heart attack last week. He's recovering but cannot work. A few days later his wife was diagnosed with cervical and colon cancer. They have a young daughter. I'm going to a benefit fund-raiser Sunday to help defray the medical bills.

I'm a lucky man.

Sounds like the 1st guy is a diabetic. My father and brother are both type 1 diabetics (insulin dependant). My father has had numerous heart attacks, strokes, a kidney transplant, and his right foot amputated because of the circulation issues. It is absolutely terrible to go through, but the prosthetics are really good. If he ends up getting a prosthetic and goes on dialisys he needs to be really careful because the people that work on those places damn near killed my dad. They have to figure out how much weight to take off with the prosthetic so they can determine the right amount of blood to clean, or something like that. Anyway, they kept screwing it up and my dad had a couple of small strokes because of it. Things have gotten much better after the kidney transplant.

After all of this, my dad is still strong as an ox and just keeps plugging away like nothing's wrong. Your friend can get through this and fully function. Good friends and family are the key!!!