[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dear AIG

CaP'N GRuNGe

how come not one politician has returned their political donation from AIG?

how come not one politician has agreed to work for $1 until this country is out of debt?

:wacko: Which politicians go the most form them again?

:wacko: Which politicians go the most form them again?

Its not just AIG. The financial, insurance, and real estate sector was the single largest campaign contributor to both parties. They don't care who is in office so long as they have influence and access. But try and kill corporate campaign contributions and see what happens.

Its not just AIG. The financial, insurance, and real estate sector was the single largest campaign contributor to both parties. They don't care who is in office so long as they have influence and access. But try and kill corporate campaign contributions the bastards and see what happens.

:wacko:

But try and kill corporate campaign contributions and see what happens.

Exactly the same people ranting about this being the government's fault will rant just as much about the death of free speech, that's what will happen.

Exactly the same people ranting about this being the government's fault will rant just as much about the death of free speech, that's what will happen.

That's what I'd assume.

Alternatively, we could just subject lobbyists to a 90% income tax. :wacko:

How about this for a solution:

Pretend, for the sake of these contracts, that a pro-rata amount of the contract was due the day of the first bail out. That amount would be considered an unsecured liability of AIG, and would be, for all intents and purposes, worthless. Now, fast forward from that day until March 13th (when the payments were due / made (?)), and a pro-rata amount of the contract is due in full.

So, if the contract was half over when they were first bailed out, that amount goes to $0 ... as it would be if they had gone bankrupt ... and everything after that day is due in full (upon which the recipient would pay the applicable taxes currently in place).

I don't think I would have a problem with that.

how come not one politician has returned their political donation from AIG?

how come not one politician has agreed to work for $1 until this country is out of debt?

Seriously, does Ted Kennedy, John McCain or John Kerry really need a salary? Or a congresspersons' pension? Or any of the other financial trappings afforded to a person in high public office?

Dear Mr. DeSantis,

If AIG had gone bankrupt instead of being bailed out, how much of a bonus would you have received? Go be a pansy somewhere else, slacker. It appears with your intelligence level and reasoning, they hand out degrees at M.I.T. for having a face.

Signed,

The American Taxpayers

P.S. Your kids are ugly and I should kick your cat.

I'm with Tim on this one.

I'm not.

The amouts due for services rendered pre-bailout should be zeroed out.

However, the amounts due for services rendered post-bailout should be paid in full.

I'm not.

However, the amounts due for services rendered post-bailout should be paid in full.

I don't think the issue is whether the bonuses must be contractually paid or not: legally, they must be paid. The issue is whether or not we stop the angry mob from burning down their houses.

Edited by yo mama

I don't think the issue is whether the bonuses must be contractually paid or not: legally, they must be paid. The issue is whether or not we stop the angry mob from burning down their houses.

Then angry mob is literally a bunch of ACORN people being bussed to the these people's neighborhoods, and often protesting in front of the wrong house.

-- All you motherf***ers should be shot. Thanks for f***ing up our economy then taking our money.

-- Dear Sir: Ya'll should have the balls and come clean and give back the bonuses. I know you would never do this so the gov't ought to take you out back and shoot everyone of you crooked sonofb****es...I would be very careful when I went out side. This is just a warning. If I were ya'll I would be real afraid. Thanks, Bill.

-- I don't hope that bad things happen to the recipients of those bonuses. I really hope that bad things happen to the children and grandchildren of them! Whatever hurts them the most!!

-- You f***ing suck. Paying bonuses to the d*****s that made bad bets losing your company billions of dollars. I want to f***ing puke. Publish the list of those yankee scumbags so some good old southern boys can take care of them.

-- If the bonuses don't stop, it will be very likely that every CEO @ AIG has a bulls-eye on their backs.

-- We will hunt you down. Every last penny. We will hunt your children and we will hunt your conscience. We will do whatever we can to get those people getting the bonuses. Give back the money or kill yourselves.

-- All the executives and their families should be executed with piano wire around their necks --- my greatest hope.

-- You mother-f***ing, c***s***ing, d***l****ers need to be taken out one by one and shot in the head. There's a special place in hell for you pond scum. Watch your backs because someone will come to get you, you can be sure.

-- The Revolution is coming. The family members of your executives are not safe. Your blood will run through the streets in the coming months.

Hope and Changers

I'm not.

Contract law is dead in the USofA. Well, it's on life support.

I dunno....when the company was in dire straits, they asked guys like this to stay on for $1 a year salary, with the promise of a lump sum bonus at the end of the year. if the company went tits up, he probably would have had a priority claim on at least a pro-rata portion of that sum in the bankruptcy, and he would've been able to get on with his life a little sooner. guy has nothing to do with the problems that got them there, he's in there busting his ass to try and get them out, and he is exactly the kind of person they are going to need on board in order to turn the page and stay afloat. you would think the government considers keeping them afloat a worthy goal, since they have thrown hundreds of billions into it.

so let's throw hundreds of billions of dollars at a company because we just can't let them fail....then let's stoke populist rage then get all in their business so that all the people who can help keep them from failing start running for the exits. yeah, this is working out great, I think this proves that the politicians should really get their noses into more and more companies and sectors of the economy to save us from the greedy capitalists. :wacko:

Edited by Azazello1313