[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Presidential Approval Poll

H8tank

Presidential Approval Poll  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Presidential Approval Poll

• I approve so far.
    • I disapprove so far.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll say this: Obama's biggest advantage is that people continually underestimate him and do not give him credit for what he's done and then underestimate him further. His biggest problem is the economy, and there's no guarantees what it looks like in 16 months, which is what's key.

I give alot of credit to Obama's success as becoming President due to the former Prez's slamming out economy into the ground like it was a plane.

If the President is so god-awful, why aren't republicans lining up for a shot at running against him?

Nobody wants to be responsible for making the hard choices that will have to be made in the next term. Much easier to run your mouth about getting our financial house in order than to do something about it.

If the President is so god-awful, why aren't republicans lining up for a shot at running against him?

Are you really this simple? There are very few times in recent history where one has a great chance to beat an incumbent. Even the guy that you and your lib friends despised ffrom 200-2004 could not be beat. No one is eager to run against a sitting president. Even if the president is as god awful as this loser.

Nobody wants to be responsible for making the hard choices that will have to be made in the next term. Much easier to run your mouth about getting our financial house in order than to do something about it.

so does this apply to 2004 as well?

Are you really this simple? There are very few times in recent history where one has a great chance to beat an incumbent. Even the guy that you and your lib friends despised ffrom 200-2004 could not be beat. No one is eager to run against a sitting president. Even if the president is as god awful as this loser.

Well, Obama being the perilous threat to freedom that he is, I would think it would be a Republican's civic duty to run, chances be damned.

Really? Because the last time I checked the Republicans WERE doing something about it. The Democratic response to that was, basically, to take the soda machines out of the congressional cafeteria.

Really? Because the last time I checked the Republicans WERE doing something about it. The Democratic response to that was, basically, to take the soda machines out of the congressional cafeteria.

Yep-You and Ryan have all the right answers :wacko:

Really? Because the last time I checked the Republicans WERE doing something about it.

Check just across your western border. With a week to go to settle a $5b deficit, we have bills to allow anyone to shoot anyone else for the flimsiest of reasons, a photo ID initiative in search of a problem and a big argument about where to put a Vikings football stadium.

No sign of any action here.

Are they all even on board with this plan?

Politico-

Newt Gingrich’s scathing criticism of Rep. Paul Ryan’s (R-Wis.) budget has House Republicans peeved, with several lawmakers saying Gingrich is taking cheap shots at his fellow Republicans without putting out a Medicare plan himself.

Check just across your western border. With a week to go to settle a $5b deficit, we have bills to allow anyone to shoot anyone else for the flimsiest of reasons, a photo ID initiative in search of a problem and a big argument about where to put a Vikings football stadium.

No sign of any action here.

yup walker and the lock step republicans in sconny have gone after some hard hitting stuff as of late. guns.... gays..... and just guess the rest :tup:

Oh and since he didnt want the money from the fed for public transit the taxpayers of sconny on the hook for 200 mill or so. :wacko:

Most are on board. Some aren't - just like any plan. But hey, at least we got a plan.

Yes it's a plan, and it took some balls to put it out there. I just think that were starting to see some really mixed messages from the GOP lately. I still think Newt poses the biggest threat to Obama, but if he strays to far off of the reservation he won't make it out of the starting gate.

I still think Newt poses the biggest threat to Obama, but if he strays to far off of the reservation he won't make it out of the starting gate.

Hasn't Newt done enough dirt that he'd really be politically toxic if he actually decided to run for pres? I know a lot of people have short memories, but I don't think it'd take too many commercials to bring up old stuff to make him look pretty bad.

Most are on board. Some aren't - just like any plan. But hey, at least we got a plan.

The Dumbocrats plan is to max out the credit card and then try to take another cash advance, ain't it? [wiegie] But that's sound economic policy according to my nerd formulas that are never right. [/wieigie]

This is pathetic. It's not just looking like a win but a rout for Obamessiah due to the lack of viable Rep. candidates. Ironically the right-wing extremists will see to that as they will shy away from the moderate candidates, who are the only ones with any hope of winning. What about Edwards? What other initial front-runners were there bouncing around in 2007/8, I can't even remember anymore..

Edited by BeeR

I'm pretty much hopin that in the next election we stay where we are as far as who controls the various offices. Maybe they will be forced to work together to reach a compromise that is best for the US. If either party gains absolute power again, we are all up the creek.

I'm pretty much hopin that in the next election we stay where we are as far as who controls the various offices. Maybe they will be forced to work together to reach a compromise that is best for the US. If either party gains absolute power again, we are all up the creek.

wurd

So why can't we stop paying money to Big Oil? Is this an attack on capitalism or the Constitution this time?

I think we aren't seeing many runners against Obama for alot of reasons:

1)the shape of America

2)Obama's debate/speaking skills

3)a GOP runner would have to defend Bush's policies

4)Obama probably has unlimited resources to campaign on

5)it doesn't seem as if cutting medicare/SS is going to fly with the majority since many of us don't make 6 figure incomes.

Edited by WaterMan

If the debt limit isn't raised in the next two months, we are all up the creek anyway regardless of the makeup of the various branches.