[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Eagles Trade For Jason Peters

Mr Hammock

Peters is over-rated. (and I said this when he was a Bill last season) That fact that he made the pro bowl last year is absurd, and just goes to show how ridiculous the pro bowl selections usually are. He has 1 good season under his belt.

I'm happy to see the Bills get another pick in the first, and a fourth this year for him, (and a 6th next year, big deal) and won't have to deal with over-paying him. (or seeing him hold-out) Let Philly worry about that now.

Hey if he pans out, Philly will have a killer O-line. But as a Bills fan, I'm glad they dealt him away.

who cares about the 4th rounder this year or the pick next year-really who cares? The Eagles have more picks than they can possibly use this year.

The Eagles got a 27 year old player who has proved he is pro-bowl caliber with his 2007 season. Throw out last year if you want, but at least he's healthy-his "struggles" or "problems" last year can likely be attributed to the fact that he held out all of training camp and all of the pre-season trying to get out of the NFL Purgatory that is Buffalo.

Can anyone honestly argue that with pick 28 you are safer taking an unproven college player that hasn't played a down in the league?

This is a steal! there is no debate. really.

even if it were to backfire and Peters were to suck, you can't fault the logic by the Eagles.

Buffalo should have waited until draft day, then as players were flying off the board and teams were getting desperate seen what they could have gotten for this guy. I have to think they could have done better than #28? Thank you Bills!

Edited by Marauders11

McNabb is only 32 so I think he has a good 3-4 years in him...

Exactly. While 32 is no spring chicken in the NFL for a QB, good QBs can last into their mid to late 30s while playing well. I'm more worried about Westbrook over the next couple of years. I think a performance decline begins very soon.

With the added help on the offensive line for the Eagles, what does this mean for Herremans? (I only ask because my wife works with his mom so I have a rooting interest!)

ETA: the unoffical depth chart has him listed as starting LG, does that stay the same with everything that has happened?

Edited by Swashbucklers

With the added help on the offensive line for the Eagles, what does this mean for Herremans? (I only ask because my wife works with his mom so I have a rooting interest!)

ETA: the unoffical depth chart has him listed as starting LG, does that stay the same with everything that has happened?

I'm thinking his spot was already up for grabs because of Max Jean-Gilles being in his 3rd year, I think and it would be open competition by default.....

Any chance BUF tries to hop up to the top of the 1st round for one of the two bigger name tackles (Monroe or Smith)?

I would say doubtful. The Bills just have too many holes to fill this year to spend picks on moving up.

Exactly. While 32 is no spring chicken in the NFL for a QB, good QBs can last into their mid to late 30s while playing well. I'm more worried about Westbrook over the next couple of years. I think a performance decline begins very soon.

Thats why I mentioned about Moreno. The birds are going to see who is there at 21 and if Moreno is gone, I'll have to guess they will grab McCoy or even a great TE prospect in Pettigrew

Edited by RJV

who cares about the 4th rounder this year or the pick next year-really who cares? The Eagles have more picks than they can possibly use this year.

The Eagles got a 27 year old player who has proved he is pro-bowl caliber with his 2007 season. Throw out last year if you want, but at least he's healthy-his "struggles" or "problems" last year can likely be attributed to the fact that he held out all of training camp and all of the pre-season trying to get out of the NFL Purgatory that is Buffalo.

Can anyone honestly argue that with pick 28 you are safer taking an unproven college player that hasn't played a down in the league?

even if it were to backfire and Peters were to suck, you can't fault the logic by the Eagles.

Buffalo should have waited until draft day, then as players were flying off the board and teams were getting desperate seen what they could have gotten for this guy. I have to think they could have done better than #28? Thank you Bills!

I'm not sure why you have to bash Buffalo, But the trade should work out for both teams. Peters was acting like a child, I did not see any other team jumping to sign him when he was a over weight tight end. The Bills signed him and made him into a "probowl left tackle". Then he turns around and takes a just order the fish for goodness sake on them. I hope he plays well for the eagles, but I would say after his big pay day he will get even worst at being a team mate.

He hasn't finished a season healthy yet. I would be careful with the healthy monicker. I am on the fence on the trade, which probably means it's good for both teams.

Couple quotes I thought were interesting:

"Other than Anthony Munoz, this is the most devastating blocker and pass-protector I've ever coached,'' said the retired and well-respected former NFL line coach Jim McNally, who mentored Peters from being a college tight end to one of the premier tackles in the game. "He's a terrific player and a good kid. What happened to him in Buffalo, I think, is he saw two linemen come in and make a lot of money [Derrick Dockery, Langston Walker], and he looked at them and said, 'I'm better than they are; why aren't I making that money?' And it really affected him. I think he'll be a dominating player in Philadelphia, and I don't think the money will affect him.''

Though it remains to be seen whether the Eagles’ investment in left tackle Jason Peters pays off, one league source with no connection to the Eagles or the Bills believes that the franchise from Philly fleeced North America’s team.

“Buffalo gave Peters away,” the source said. “[bills COO Russ] Brandon should be fired on the spot. He has no clue as to what value means. Philly made the best deal in the last 10 years of the NFL.”