[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

St. Louis's pick at 1.02

muck

Everyone (including me) has been assuming that they're definately going OT.

...but, I've not heard ANYTHING out of STL (may be because I've not been listening very well) that would indicate that they're not going to take a QB or Curry (or a WR to replace Holt)...

What's the scoop in STL?

Everyone (including me) has been assuming that they're definately going OT.

...but, I've not heard ANYTHING out of STL (may be because I've not been listening very well) that would indicate that they're not going to take a QB or Curry (or a WR to replace Holt)...

What's the scoop in STL?

OT is probably the prudent choice, but I've got to think that Crabtree looks awfully tempting given their recent history.

OT is probably the prudent choice, but I've got to think that Crabtree looks awfully tempting given their recent history.

dont forget where spags roots are from..they will NOT be drafting a WR at 1.2

if they really want a LB they can get one at 2.3

OT(1.2) & LB (2.3) >> Curry(1.2) & OT(2.3) imo

...but what about Stafford or Sanchez...

Bulger hasn't been too impressive in some time ... and, yes, I know their OL has sucked eggs ... but "you can't pass up a chance at drafting a franchise QB" after all ...

...but what about Stafford or Sanchez...

Bulger hasn't been too impressive in some time ... and, yes, I know their OL has sucked eggs ... but "you can't pass up a chance at drafting a franchise QB" after all ...

seems much easier to whiff on a QB than an OT...I would think Spags would like to build from the trenches up...I could be wrong but I dont see STL drafing either QB but than again I dont see either of those guys as "Franchise" QBs either...yeah they look to be head and shoulders above everyone else but thats about it, imo

According to John Clayton, the Rams have made a commitment to Bulger for the near future, and are worried about protecting him. Remember, this line was possibly the worst in football last season. Here is their chance to upgrade it. I think the Rams pick is the easiest to project in the whole first round.

I think 1 and 2 are pretty much locks.

1 Lions QB Matt Stafford Georgia

2 Rams OT Jason Smith Baylor

I can see the Chiefs going away from the grain, but I don't think they will.

3 Chiefs OLB Aaron Curry Wake Forest

The Seahawks have me thinking the most of the top 4, but IF I were them I would protect the QB that I have.

4 Seahawks OT Eugene Monroe Virginia

If everything falls like this then 5 is easy.

5 Browns WR Michael Crabtree Texas Tech

Hammock we need to find some kind of way to wager on the #3 and #4 picks. I'm 60/40 the Chiefs take Curry over Monroe. They have needed a line for a few years now. Curry might be so good they can't pass him up, but with the addition of Thomas, the Chiefs need a tackle a lot more than they need an OLB. Still, Curry could be so good he trumps everything and goes at 3 anyways.

As for #4, JC and the sports radio guys have been saying that the Seahawks have soured on Monroe a bit, but who really knows? There was also a quote from Mora that declared a "man-crush" on Micheael Crabtree's blocking ability. John Clayton sold me that the pick is either Sanchez or Crabtree. I like Sanchez a lot, but geez I hope the Hawks don't end up taking him.

Well, it seems as if the new Rams braintrust will be going OT. Monroe has been rated very high but GM Billy D said in an interview yesterday that Alex Barron was playing VERY good LT in camps and that Jason Smith did play RT in his first year of college.

I can not see them taking anyone besides Smith, Monroe, or Curry.

Well, it seems as if the new Rams braintrust will be going OT. Monroe has been rated very high but GM Billy D said in an interview yesterday that Alex Barron was playing VERY good LT in camps and that Jason Smith did play RT in his first year of college.

I can not see them taking anyone besides Smith, Monroe, or Curry.

Have they started calling "false start" in training camp? :wacko:

All the talking heads and columnists around here are saying the Rams are going back and forth between OT and LB. They are, for better or worse, stuck with Bulger for the forseeable future and about the only first-round success this franchise has had in the past decade has been an OT - O Pace.

All this is pure speculation of course, because all the decision-makers at Rams Park are new and we really have no idea what they are thinking, but QB and WR are hardly being talked about at all. FWIW