[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Browns homers

policyvote

I'm in a local mock draft contest where we predict the top 12 selections. The prizes are extremely big ticket (plasma TV, grill, etc.), and I'm playing to win. The way the board is shaping up, I could see any of several players going to you guys at 1.5, and it is wreaking havoc with the rest of the board. Crabtree, Monroe, Raji, Maybin, Jackson, Orakpo . . . I'm pulling my hair out. Opinions?

Peace

policy

Not a homer but think it's between Orakpo and Raji if Quinn isn't traded.

The trade possibility worries me here. If he is it could be Sanchez.

I have Sanchez to Seattle . . .

. . . everyone says Raji to replace Shaun Rogers, but Rogers isn't gone. I have no idea what Mangini is thinking, but he is systematically tearing down his team. After shipping off all the young talent, it'll take him three years just to replace what he has. :wacko:

Peace

policy

Yes to that.

But then the Plain Dealer Blog says this...it is tough to walk through the mine field of misinformation this week. No wonder Policy is freaking out.

Tony Grossi's blog: Cleveland Browns passing on Michael Crabtree

by Tony Grossi/Plain Dealer Reporter

Wednesday April 22, 2009, 10:41 AM

CLEVELAND -- The Browns have all but crossed off Michael Crabtree as a candidate for the No. 5 overall pick, said a source.

The Texas Tech receiver brought a diva attitude on his visit to the club facility last week and did not impress coach Eric Mangini and others, the source said. In fact, Crabtree was described by some in the building as "not nice." After Crabtree left, Mangini secured last-minute workouts with borderline first-round receivers Hakeem Nicks of North Carolina, Kenny Britt of Rutgers and Mohamed Massaquoi of Georgia.

But then the Plain Dealer Blog says this...it is tough to walk through the mine field of misinformation this week. No wonder Policy is freaking out.

CLEVELAND -- The Browns have all but crossed off Michael Crabtree as a candidate for the No. 5 overall pick, said a source.

The Texas Tech receiver brought a diva attitude on his visit to the club facility last week and did not impress coach Eric Mangini and others, the source said. In fact, Crabtree was described by some in the building as "not nice." After Crabtree left, Mangini secured last-minute workouts with borderline first-round receivers Hakeem Nicks of North Carolina, Kenny Britt of Rutgers and Mohamed Massaquoi of Georgia.

Smokescreen.

My money is on a trade w/ NYG when 1.05 rolls around. If Crabtree is there, CLE pulls the trigger on the trade and drafts him.

yeah, that just screams of smokescreen, which just makes me think he is the guy they have really zeroed in on. figure braylon is already traded to the giants, they're just waiting, as if everyone doesn't already know.

yeah, that just screams of smokescreen, which just makes me think he is the guy they have really zeroed in on. figure braylon is already traded to the giants, they're just waiting, as if everyone doesn't already know.

Good point. Welcome to the Cold War NFL style.

Could be Crabtree if they come to terms on a trade for Edwards.

This is what I was thinking. K2 is gone, Stallworth has legal troubles. If Edwards is traded, they need somebody to catch passes, or at least one would think so.