[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Happy Birthday Marie

jaxfactor

jax,

hang in there. i know it's intense, but try to rejoice in the time you were able to spend together. seek out a therapist to help you through it. hang around people who care about you. go out and do things you enjoy doing and/or take up some new ones that you've always wanted to do.... force yourself.

and if you have time.... please fly out next weekend and help me celebrate my 40th

jax,

hang in there. i know it's intense, but try to rejoice in the time you were able to spend together. seek out a therapist to help you through it. hang around people who care about you. go out and do things you enjoy doing and/or take up some new ones that you've always wanted to do.... force yourself.

and if you have time.... please fly out next weekend and help me celebrate my 40th

If you fly out and help me celebrate(yeah, right) my 47th next week before the weekend.

It feels like 3 bombs going off. First her birthday, then Mother's Day, then my birthday. And without her around mine is gonna suck big time.

I am gonna be 60 years old in the next few months (old by some standards, but really not hat old) and have lost too many important, loved people in my relatively short life. My best friend in 1971, my Dad in 1972, a very close friend (Our Godfather as we called him, shot in a hospital parking lot...long story) 1975, my MIL and FIL in the last 8 years, and several others under varying circumstances. One just a month ago.

The weird part is I still dream of them all! In the dream they are still alive and I try to hold on to them and they are gone when I wake up. Dreaming of my Dad and my best friend Al are so vivid, so real, that when I wake up I pause and appreciate, love what they meant to me. Those memories are close to 40 years old!!! I hate but cherish those dreams, because in some weird way I still have a contact with them.

What I am trying to say is, cherish the memory. Stay close to those who (whom) you love! May Marie rest in peace, and keep in your heart the best of times. There is pain in that, but YOU have to turn it into a positive thing.

My best to you brother.

Take care my friend!

rr26

If you fly out and help me celebrate(yeah, right) my 47th next week before the weekend.

It feels like 3 bombs going off. First her birthday, then Mother's Day, then my birthday. And without her around mine is gonna suck big time.

The "firsts" are very difficult. They'll come up frequently through the year, and some of them will catch you by surprise.

so sorry to hear about this, you have an angel in Heaven watching over you. My sister/best friend has been gone 3 yrs now, as of May 1st due to very tragic suicide. Most horrible day of my life, and I did attend grief support at my church, but also spent some time picking out books at the bookstore on the subject of grief support, which really helped tremendously--especially if you're not into therapy groups. Time will heal somewhat, but there's not an hour that goes by that she doesn't cross my mind...and I cry for her about once a month, now, which is a big improvement... I try to remember the good times, and on May 1st, the 3 yr anniversary, I went thru some of things, like a Yahtzee card with her scores when we played right before she passed, some holy water she had at her side when she passed, and of course a marlboro light cigarette butt, which I've kept, it makes me laugh a little. I'll pray for you to find some comfort that our great God will provide.