[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Personality / Skills Assessment

muck

I took a profile like this about 5 years ago in a psych class. it was one of the best thing ive ever done. That is when I decided to do what I was good at instead of what everyone around me thought I should be doing. Since then life has been a lot easier.

"

ENTJs have a natural tendency to marshal and direct. This may be expressed with the charm and finesse of a world leader or with the insensitivity of a cult leader. The ENTJ requires little encouragement to make a plan. One ENTJ put it this way... "I make these little plans that really don't have any importance to anyone else, and then feel compelled to carry them out." While "compelled" may not describe ENTJs as a group, nevertheless the bent to plan creatively and to make those plans reality is a common theme for NJ types."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No kidding. I started a business in 03' that was dedicated to this stuff. Didn't use DISC...it wasn't the tool we consulted with. If you'd like a real strong tool and have some cash to pay for it, I can give you a world class referral.

"

ENTJs have a natural tendency to marshal and direct. This may be expressed with the charm and finesse of a world leader or with the insensitivity of a cult leader. The ENTJ requires little encouragement to make a plan. One ENTJ put it this way... "I make these little plans that really don't have any importance to anyone else, and then feel compelled to carry them out." While "compelled" may not describe ENTJs as a group, nevertheless the bent to plan creatively and to make those plans reality is a common theme for NJ types."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You'd be glad to know I am also an ENTJ... :wacko:

But I think the DiSC assessment is way better the Meyers-Briggs test Polk is referring to. It is much more individualized and offers a lot of food for thought for introspection into your strengths and weaknesses. When I was managing, I had my whole team do it. In fact, I have a disc reading guide on my desk this very moment.

Edited by cre8tiff

cant remember what the name of the one we used to use but all of our managers had to take it and then they made their subordinates take it...the interesting thing is that you can change based on the situations you end up in....being aware of how to manage yourself and others based on their personalities is hugh

cant remember what the name of the one we used to use but all of our managers had to take it and then they made their subordinates take it...the interesting thing is that you can change based on the situations you end up in....being aware of how to manage yourself and others based on their personalities is hugh

That was probably DiSC. You answer a lengthy questionnaire that gives scenarios and choices on how to react. DiSC also is all about change and adaption. I personally am a High (near maximum) D (Dominance), and (influence)i; but have learned a bit of empathy through experience, increasing my S (Accepting).

Edited by cre8tiff

I took a profile like this about 5 years ago in a psych class. it was one of the best thing ive ever done. That is when I decided to do what I was good at instead of what everyone around me thought I should be doing. Since then life has been a lot easier.

ENTJ btw

I'm not familiar with DISC, but am with Myers-Briggs, which is what polky took.

As a comm major, I love this stuff. I administered Myers-Briggs to my whole staff and it has helped me understand them and how to craft my communication with each of them as individuals. Using the results of these types of tests can be a hugh advantage in any interpersonal relationship. The page polk linked to is pretty general - there is other info available that relates test results with individual communication preferences and needs.

INTJ, BTW.

Edited by Jimmy Neutron

That was probably DiSC. You answer a lengthy questionnaire that gives scenarios and choices on how to react. DiSC also is all about change and adaption. I personally am a High (near maximum) D (Dominance), and (influence)i; but have learned a bit of empathy through experience, increasing my S (Accepting).

It definitely was NOT DISC that much I know and not Meyers-Briggs either....it was from a book and I actually have a copy of it laying around...I actually had the answer sheet laminated so I could give the test and wipe it clean and always be ready to give another test....i will have to see if I can find it.

Edited by keggerz

I had a DiSC profile just recently. It was interesting. It scores four different types of behavior: Dominance, Influence, Conscientiousness, and Steadiness. It then integrates your scores from these 4 behaviors and matches you to a classic personality type. BAsed on that type, your strengths and weaknesses are articulated.

ETA: INTP

Edited by billay