[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

potential manmade disaster in progress

polksalet

I wonder if other countries view the US nuclear program/bombs as " a threat to international peace and security"?

I always found it a tad odd that we dictate who can research and develop weapons, but we can do as we please.

carry on.

:wacko:

but we are the good guys and we have to stop the evil doers from blowing up the planet...

I wonder if other countries view the US nuclear program/bombs as " a threat to international peace and security"?

I always found it a tad odd that we dictate who can research and develop weapons, but we can do as we please.

carry on.

I'm sure North Korea and Iran view the US as "a threat to international peace and security". With their sparkling records on improving the human condition I have no problem letting both those regimes have nuclear weapons. Perhaps we could send them a few. If the shoe was on the other foot I'm sure they would be happy to do the same.

I'm sure North Korea and Iran view the US as "a threat to international peace and security". With their sparkling records on improving the human condition I have no problem letting both those regimes have nuclear weapons. Perhaps we could send them a few. If the shoe was on the other foot I'm sure they would be happy to do the same.

our track record isn't all that crystal either...

I know right? Man we suck, we are so evil! We brougtht 9/11 on ourselves, and Gitmo is just making sure we get ANOTHER 9/11... which we deserve of course. Man it feels good to be so patriotic! :flag:

It might not be crystalline, but gimme one other country in history that has advanced the overall condition of mankind more than this country. Just one. Please.

I'm not blind to the faults of this country (or it's sorry fedgov) but enough is enough. Even comparing us with repressive countries like those is stretching it.

Even comparing us with repressive countries like those is stretching it.

It has less to do with repression than aggression, and the US has invaded a country recently with very questionable motivation. And H8 was out there pushing the fake propaganda to invade Iraq more than anyone else, so I don't know why he's talking about patriotism.

Is America better? You bet. I also think that it important to admit that we (well, H8 more than anyone, really) made a mistake... and it's important to acknowledge that maybe the rest of the world thinks Americans with nukes can be dangerous too.

It has less to do with repression than aggression, and the US has invaded a country recently with very questionable motivation. And H8 was out there pushing the fake propaganda to invade Iraq more than anyone else, so I don't know why he's talking about patriotism.

Is America better? You bet. I also think that it important to admit that we (well, H8 more than anyone, really) made a mistake... and it's important to acknowledge that maybe the rest of the world thinks Americans with nukes can be dangerous too.

In my mind they're two sides of the same coin. A government peopled by tyrants for whom repression is the rule doesn't really recognize that their power stops at their own borders. Ergo, this repression manifests itself as aggression outside those borders. Only the fact that we stand in their way (and Israel knows how to handle itself) keeps Iran et. al. from attacking Israel.

I will agree on the Iraqi war (on the shrub's false pretenses part, NOT that Saddam hadn't done enough to warrant being deposed - everyone though Slobo in Yugoslavia was a worthy target for slick willie and Saddam was far guiltier than he was). If you believe like many of us, however, that fedgov continues to become more tyrannical with each passing day, then the increased agression would simply go hand in hand with increased repression here, wouldn't it?

It might not be crystalline, but gimme one other country in history that has advanced the overall condition of mankind more than this country. Just one. Please.

I'm not blind to the faults of this country (or it's sorry fedgov) but enough is enough. Even comparing us with repressive countries like those is stretching it.

aahahaha....who said anything about any other country?...I'm just saying we're not exactly the good guys that we claim to be...

especially when a company like Bayer somehow puts AIDS in their medication for Hemophiliacs...then when exposed, they don't decide to trash the meds.....they instead ship them overseas so they can still make money off the product....

now, I never said that we're the bad guys....I'm just saying that I'm not sure there are any "good guys"...

I know right? Man we suck, we are so evil! We brougtht 9/11 on ourselves, and Gitmo is just making sure we get ANOTHER 9/11... which we deserve of course. Man it feels good to be so patriotic! :flag:

YOU SAID IT BROTHA! WE SHOULD MAKE OUR COUNTRY A PRISON LOL!!

aahahaha....who said anything about any other country?...I'm just saying we're not exactly the good guys that we claim to be...

especially when a company like Bayer somehow puts AIDS in their medication for Hemophiliacs...then when exposed, they don't decide to trash the meds.....they instead ship them overseas so they can still make money off the product....

now, I never said that we're the bad guys....I'm just saying that I'm not sure there are any "good guys"...

Hmmm...maybe Holy Roller is on to something. You do realize that Bayer AG is a German company, yes?

Hey avernus - where can I see a full-size version of your avatar? :wacko:

Click on the pic to view his profile. Then drag the pic itself to the "address bar" of your browser. Let me know if you have any issues. Take aspirin for headaches.

Assuming they have a working nuclear bomb sometime soon, and assuming they have a successful short to mid range missile, who do you think would be the first target of a North Korean nuclear strike?

Click on the pic to view his profile. Then drag the pic itself to the "address bar" of your browser. Let me know if you have any issues. Take aspirin for headaches.

:wacko:

there have been quite a few hits to Avernus' profile today....all this AM, all just after Biggie's post.

You horny bastahds.

Assuming they have a working nuclear bomb sometime soon, and assuming they have a successful short to mid range missile, who do you think would be the first target of a North Korean nuclear strike?

no one....sometimes being able to flex muscle is a deterrant and/or show of power.

I think the US will continue to be the only country to deploy a nuclear weapon for quite some time.