[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Job Interview

Brentastic

Every company is interesting in trying to protect themselves and minimize their financial risk. I doubt too many of them run a drug testing program because they want to be tight asses.

Where I am, they also send a drug abuse newsletter with the paychecks..

And good luck :wacko:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I absolutely killed the interview. The interviewee spent about 45 minutes talking and asking me questions then asked me if I had any questions for her. I asked questions for about an hour and 15 minutes. She told me she wanted me back for a 2nd interview where I would meet with the CEO and V.P. - adding that it's important for personalities to gel in order to keep the family happy.

What I have to do now is get a urine test at a local testing facility :D I knew it might happen but haven't had to do this since my military days. It just makes me realize that this company might be a bunch of tight-asses. I don't know how this helps them but it is what it is I guess. I can kind of expect it from a job requiring physical labor or driving but a desk job :wacko:

Wish me luck people.

you really can't be serious and yeah I know you partake but still you have to be kidding

you really can't be serious and yeah I know you partake but still you have to be kidding

Yeah, I'm serious. What's the point? Of course I'm biased, but unless the management are a bunch of closed-minded pricks, I don't get it. This is the first office job I've had to get tested for - makes me think that management is a little uptight.

I'm only a weekend warrior these days - and yes I'm bitter that we still pick on the pot users when it's perfectly acceptable to drink every night of the week :wacko:

Every company is interesting in trying to protect themselves and minimize their financial risk. I doubt too many of them run a drug testing program because they want to be tight asses.

I meant to say uptight. I just don't see how this minimizes their risk. It tells me that management has the belief that smoking pot is much worse than drinking. I have never been tested to get a job other than the military.

Yeah, I'm serious. What's the point? Of course I'm biased, but unless the management are a bunch of closed-minded pricks, I don't get it. This is the first office job I've had to get tested for - makes me think that management is a little uptight.

I'm only a weekend warrior these days - and yes I'm bitter that we still pick on the pot users when it's perfectly acceptable to drink every night of the week :wacko:

legal vs illegal? come on....you know what you do is wrong legally and that is your choice....but you have to understand why an employer tests...now let me ask you does EVERYONE at that company work a desk job? or are there some jobs where YOU would consider testing ok for?

Edited by keggerz

I meant to say uptight. I just don't see how this minimizes their risk. It tells me that management knows that smoking pot is illegal and drinking is legal. I have never been tested to get a job other than the military.

fixed

Edited by keggerz

I meant to say uptight. I just don't see how this minimizes their risk.

I know you meant to say uptight but you're being very naive. The guys who started my company 25 years ago were potheads, they test now as a function of who we do work for, insurance costs, and risk minimization. When someone in our company gets in a vehicle accident, they don't have to go take a drug test within 3 hours because our upper management feels like being pricks; it's a function of business and bottom line financial reality in today's world.

ETA: GL with everything, if you need some advice on how to beat pee tests, I'd suggest Holtrof's UR-Ine Trouble.

Edited by bushwacked

I know you meant to say uptight but you're being very naive. The guys who started my company 25 years ago were potheads, they test now as a function of who we do work for, insurance costs, and risk minimization. When someone in our company gets in a vehicle accident, they don't have to go take a drug test within 3 hours because our upper management feels like being pricks; it's a function of business and bottom line financial reality in today's world.

ETA: GL with everything, if you need some advice on how to beat pee tests, I'd suggest Holtrof's UR-Ine Trouble.

I just googled that and nothing looked up.

Oh yeah, I have a whizinator :wacko:

I love getting tested and asked math questions as an interviewee because I am a good test taker and I love doing math. I can only hope they test me. When I got hired as a trader (back in 2003) - they gave me a math test with like 50 questions and I had like 12 minutes to answer them all. The boss told me, you get one point for any correct answer and one point deduction for every wrong answer. I ended up answering every question without guessing which I was happy with. After I got the job, he confessed that he was really only concerned with people finishing the test and how many they got right or wrong didn't really matter that much. Since we were going to be day traders, he wanted to see how much risk we were willing to take. I found out that I only got 2 wrong though :wacko:

interesting. Was this a multiple choice test?

If so a company looking for someone that can finish the test by guessing (75% probability of negative result) over someone that judiciously realizes that a non-answer is value neutral is pretty significant and effed up.

interesting. Was this a multiple choice test?

If so a company looking for someone that can finish the test by guessing (75% probability of negative result) over someone that judiciously realizes that a non-answer is value neutral is pretty significant and effed up.

Yep. He wanted to hire a 'risk taker'. I'm sure that worked out for everyone.

I meant to say uptight. I just don't see how this minimizes their risk. It tells me that management has the belief that smoking pot is much worse than drinking. I have never been tested to get a job other than the military.

They only testing for pot or other substances as well?

Where would you draw the line?

That's about the most blase response, like, EVAH!

...seriously, what are you trying to get a gig doing?

that must be his "high" response :wacko: I am sure his "sober" response will be much more informative :D:D

That's about the most blase response, like, EVAH!

...seriously, what are you trying to get a gig doing?

Sorry it took so long to answer this.

Basically, build databases in Access and/or SQL. That's what I'm good at, building queries, creating formulas etc...

I also love market analysis but that is something I just started doing as a hobby. You may recall I used to trade the 30 year bond futures but at the time my discipline was lacking. However, I'm now at a point where I believe I could be very successful trading. I was always good at 'seeing' the market as a futures trader but could never limit my down days because I was addicted to the 'game' of trading.

That's the short of it.