[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Comcast Subscribers...a question

rocknrobn26

I got an email from Comcast yesterday. It said "As a triple play customer, I now have Caller ID on my TV". I checked and sure enough, there is a new menu choice "iTV" already turned on. Supposedly when a call comes in it will display the caller's name and # on the bottom of the screen. Pretty cool, I thought. Well, 4 calls yesterday and nada. :wacko:

Anyone get the email? Anyone know of this feature? If you have it does it work?

I got an email from Comcast yesterday. It said "As a triple play customer, I now have Caller ID on my TV". I checked and sure enough, there is a new menu choice "iTV" already turned on. Supposedly when a call comes in it will display the caller's name and # on the bottom of the screen. Pretty cool, I thought. Well, 4 calls yesterday and nada. :D

Anyone get the email? Anyone know of this feature? If you have it does it work?

The feature has been active on my system for a few months, and yes, it works....but only thru my HD receiver. The feature doesn't work onm y regular digital receiver. :wacko:

It is cool, though.....menu bar pops up, and tells you who is calling.

Did the calls come in while the TV/cable box was on, and what type of receiver are you using?

The feature has been active on my system for a few months, and yes, it works....but only thru my HD receiver. The feature doesn't work onm y regular digital receiver. :wacko:

It is cool, though.....menu bar pops up, and tells you who is calling.

Did the calls come in while the TV/cable box was on, and what type of receiver are you using?

I have the HD box, but I was watching in standard def. Does the TV's source have to set for HD, ie off the HDMI cable?

FWIW...I also d/l'd the s/w for the PC. That doesn't work either.

:wacko: That's pretty arrogant for COMCAST to think that we will automatically just be sitting around watching tv when the phone rings. I mean, most of us have a life, right? :D

DirecTV also does this.

I have Time Warner and have this feature. You can turn it off or on.

Maybe yours is set to off. Check your settings.

Set to "ON", on the TV and the PC...NADA!

Tomorrow gonna try switching to HD source on the TV.

More later...

I have Triple Play also, but I've never heard of this. :wacko:

I am sort of in the same boat. However, I did hear of it and when I asked about it I was told that it is not up and running in my area yet. It is on the way and at some point all Comcrap users will be able to use it.

Ummm, dumb answer maybe, but I didn't see it addressed...

You need your phone line plugged into the receiver for it to work. At least for DirecTV.

same for dish. if not, they shut your entire service off til its plugged in.

Ummm, dumb answer maybe, but I didn't see it addressed...

You need your phone line plugged into the receiver for it to work. At least for DirecTV.

same for dish. if not, they shut your entire service off til its plugged in.

Comcast hasn't used a phone line for a long time. Swammi...is your box hooked to the phone line?

Comcast hasn't used a phone line for a long time. Swammi...is your box hooked to the phone line?

Not sure, but I don't think so...I'll check how its set-up tonight. My HD TV is in my finished basement, and my phone line is on the main floor of my home (main base for our 3 corldess-phone system). It could be that the phone-jack connects somewhere to the cable line in the basement...lemme see this evening.

its to keep tabs on where the boxes are so they say. if it is not hooked up, i get a message on the tv that service will be blocked til its rehooked.

Edited by dmarc117

its to keep tabs on where the boxes are so they say. if it is not hooked up, i get a message on the tv that service will be blocked til its rehooked.

Strange....they told me to disconnect it at least 2-3 years ago. They also told me all the pay-per-views and box interaction takes place thru the cable. Wonder why the city is different from the burbs? :wacko:

All I know is I have 6 DirecTV boxes and 3 are hooked to phone lines and show the caller ID message and 3 aren't hooked to phone lines and don't show it. I believe all the phone lines are used for in DirecTV is ordering Pay Per View (you can order a movie or two unhooked, but after that, it'll ask you to hook up a phone line to get the info).

The DirecTV caller ID also works through your phone company. If you don't have caller ID through the phone company, then it also doesn't work.

I don't know about Comcast.

All I know is I have 6 DirecTV boxes and 3 are hooked to phone lines and show the caller ID message and 3 aren't hooked to phone lines and don't show it. I believe all the phone lines are used for in DirecTV is ordering Pay Per View (you can order a movie or two unhooked, but after that, it'll ask you to hook up a phone line to get the info).

The DirecTV caller ID also works through your phone company. If you don't have caller ID through the phone company, then it also doesn't work.

Comcast requires the Triple Play, ie Phone (VOIP), BB, and cable TV.

Called Comcast yesterday and they said "the code was not in my acct.. So she changed it and said up to 72 hours before it will work. Well.. it's working today, at least on my PC. Pretty dang cool! It won't work on wireless, but works fine on the hardwired one. Now waiting to see what it looks like on the TV.

You, Tina and one dog need 6 boxes?

You, Tina and one dog need 6 boxes?

3 in the bedrooms, 1 in the living room, 1 in the rec room and 1 in the garage. Only 3 are HD. :wacko:

I wish I could get cable out here in the sticks and just plug into the wall for basic instead of buying all this stupid equipment. :mad:

Edited by TimC

3 in the bedrooms, 1 in the living room, 1 in the rec room and 1 in the garage. Only 3 are HD. :wacko:

I wish I could get cable out here in the sticks and just plug into the wall for basic instead of buying all this stupid equipment. :mad:

Like that ad with the soccer fan with TV's everywhere, including the mailbox?