[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

air france plane bombed?

dmarc117

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The officials believe the Airbus A330-200 aircraft crashed after running into lightning and thunderstorms over the Atlantic Ocean.

The flight disappeared early yesterday after flying into a storm, four hours into its scheduled 11-hour flight from Rio de Janeiro to Paris. Pierre-Henri Gourgeon, the Air France chief executive, said that the last contact with the plane came in a flurry of about a dozen automatically generated technical messages "indicating that several systems had broken down...a completely unheard-of situation".

He said the aircraft went through a thunderstorm with strong turbulence at about 3am BST.

An automated message was received at 3.14am indicating a failure of the electrical system, Air France said in a statement

The cause of the crash will not be known until the black boxes are recovered - which could take days or weeks. But weather and aviation experts are focusing on the possibility of a collision with a brutal storm that sent winds of 160kmh straight into the airliner's path.

"The airplane was flying at 500mph (800kmh) northeast and the air is coming at them at 100mph (160kmh)," said AccuWeather.com expert senior meteorologist Henry Margusity.

"That probably started the process that ended up in some catastrophic failure of the airplane." Towering Atlantic storms are common this time of year near the equator - an area known as the intertropical convergence zone.

"That's where the northeast trade winds meet the southeast trade winds - its the meeting place of the southern hemisphere and the northern hemisphere's weather," said Margusity.

As a french citizen, with 4 friends in the airline industry who undoubtedly lost at least colleagues if not friends, may I say a complete and total go (the really bad word) yourself?.

I'll have Big John check the records, but I'm pretty sure I refrained from 9/11 jokes 3 days after it happened.

Did you make any jokes about 9/11? I dont think a timeline appropiate if you did.

and your point is billy? ive flown thru storms before. planes dont fall apart in midair. atleast thats what the statistics say.

I don't have a link, but an expert said on The Today Show that planes can break apart. He said if conditions are bad enough, the wings can break.

I don't have a link, but an expert said on The Today Show that planes can break apart. He said if conditions are bad enough, the wings can break.

i agree that they can. but statistics say its highly improbable. as highly improbable as terrorism i would imagine.

and your point is billy? ive flown thru storms before. planes dont fall apart in midair. atleast thats what the statistics say.

Can't you read? I think I've made my point perfectly clear.

You posted it might have been a bomb. Now please show me ONE source besides you that says it could have been a bomb.

I copied and pasted quotes from four different articles that all refer to the cause possibly being a storm. It took me two minutes to find those. There were a dozen others. Not one news article suggested it could be a bomb that caused this.

Only you...chicken little.

If the plane was bombed, how come nobody is taking credit for it? Seems weird to me.

Isn't terrorism about doing something shocking and making sure there is shocking video and photos shown all over the world for days or weeks to frighten people? The anonymous blowing up of an airliner in the middle of the night over the Atlantic Ocean doesn't really fit the bill, does it? :wacko:

Can't you read? I think I've made my point perfectly clear.

You posted it might have been a bomb. Now please show me ONE source besides you that says it could have been a bomb.

I copied and pasted quotes from four different articles that all refer to the cause possibly being a storm. It took me two minutes to find those. There were a dozen others. Not one news article suggested it could be a bomb that caused this.

Only you...chicken little.

this is my whole point!!!! no one is even considering it. planes dont fall apart in midair. statistically speaking, the chances of a plane crashing due to weather and due to sabotage are the same!!! so why not ask the question? does it scare you to ask it?

Edited by dmarc117

this is my whole point!!!! no one is even considering it. planes dont fall apart in midair. statistically speaking, the chances of a plane crashing due to weather and due to sabotage are the same!!! so why not ask the question? does it scare you to ask it?

You=Chicken Little=Scared.

I'm guessing "storm". Having said that, it does strike me as odd that experienced pilots would take on a storm as powerful as the one they apparently flew into.

They know what's up ahead of them weather-wise - wind speeds, etc... Could they not have charted a course that wouldn't have taken them directly into it's path or altered the one they were on?

I'm also curious - not being an aviation guy, about this: If it was a bomb, which would have been one singular moment, would all those automated signals been sent out over a period of minutes? Not sure how that works. Because what I've read conveys to me a sense that certain things went wrong in a sequence and as they went wrong, a message was sent out.

I dunno though. Wasn't there.

Edited by Cunning Runt

And, dingbat, statistically speaking, terrorists don't blow up planes. And, statistically speaking, when/if they do, they typically want to take credit for their actions. Statistically speaking, you're an alarmist twit. And I have the facts to back that up. Do you have any facts to back up your claims.... or, cough, sorry, "possibility"? :D

:wacko: x 1 billion

And, dingbat, statistically speaking, terrorists don't blow up planes. And, statistically speaking, when/if they do, they typically want to take credit for their actions. Statistically speaking, you're an alarmist twit. And I have the facts to back that up. Do you have any facts to back up your claims.... or, cough, sorry, "possibility"? :D

:wacko: x 1 billion

can i see your facts? or just show me your 401k, that i told you was going down. you do have one of those, right?

nothing bad can happen in hippyworld!!! :D bad people dont live in hippyworld!!! :D

edt: im not an alarmist, just ask questions. all of them. anything is possible dee3!!! and where do i claim anything? you do know what a question mark means, right? it means im asking if something happened.

Edited by dmarc117

oh my f'ing God--terrorists blew up Darin's 401k :wacko:

Those bass turds.

Or we could wait for them to find the flight recorder data recorder (if they do), analyze the information, rule out wild speculation and come up with an accurate reason on why it crashed. Nah, this is the innernets...who has months? We need to know everything in seconds.

Those bass turds.

Or we could wait for them to find the flight recorder data recorder (if they do), analyze the information, rule out wild speculation and come up with an accurate reason on why it crashed. Nah, this is the innernets...who has months? We need to know everything in seconds.

I think a Giant Shark came out of the water and ate the plane