[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Poll: Who will our next conflict be with?

Cunning Runt

Who will our next conflict be with?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who will our next conflict be with?

• North Korea
    • Iran
    • Other

The two I mentioned seem the most likely.

North Korea seems to, to steal a line from The Dark Knight, "want to watch the world burn". Very tense situation developing - especially if they launch a missle next month with a range putting it within 500 miles of Hawaii - and within 3-4 yrs, being able to potentially strike the west coast. They seem to want a conflict with us.

Iran is another of our arch-nemesii (is that a word?) and this situation could cool itself or escalate. No one really knows for sure.

Other - just not sure what other hot spots may arise. Somewhere in Africa I would guess - Somalia maybe? Been there, done that once and it didn't turn out so well. Chime in if you can think of another likely conflict zone and for that matter, what it might be over.

These are interesting times we're in.

Edited by Cunning Runt

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't think Obama has the intestinal fortitude to engage in a real conflict, unless we have Pearl Harbor type attack, and nobody is dumb enough to do that when they know the size of our nuclear arsenal. So while I see some really harsh meaningless words being passed between us and North Korea and possibly Iran, I don't see a real conflict. I think it is much more likely that the next conflict will be a domestic conflict if we continue down the path of redistribution.

What is obama gonna do if nk bombes seoul?

What is obama gonna do if iran attacks isreal?

Nothing.

simply not an option in either case if iran/NK shoots first. if israel decides they have to attack iran before they get nukes, however, I agree obama probably wouldn't come to their side.

Nothing.

I think if NK bombs SK, Obama will invade Saudi Arabia.

If Iran attacks Israel, I think there is a good chance we'd see exactly what nukes Israel has.

Hard to say now that O is president. Under our former leader it was so much clearer. If we had these kinds of problems with N. Korea and Iran under President Bush, he would have invaded Venezuela.

Edited by yo mama

Not done in Iraq yet, Afghanistan about to come to a crescendo and the righties are spoiling for more armchair entertainment. :wacko:

I don't think that is an accurate representation. I think we would all rather avoid conflict when it can be avoided. The problem is when you try to avoid the unavoidable you just postpone it, and give it time to grow in to a much larger and more complex problem. I'm not sure if these situations are avoidable or not, that is yet to be determined. I do feel fairly certain that Obama is very likely to try to postpone the unavoidable, and that is what worries me.

Nothing.

I think if NK bombs SK, Obama will invade Saudi Arabia.

If Iran attacks Israel, I think there is a good chance we'd see exactly what nukes Israel has.

Bingo

I don't think that is an accurate representation. I think we would all rather avoid conflict when it can be avoided. The problem is when you try to avoid the unavoidable you just postpone it, and give it time to grow in to a much larger and more complex problem. I'm not sure if these situations are avoidable or not, that is yet to be determined. I do feel fairly certain that Obama is very likely to try to postpone the unavoidable, and that is what worries me.

How are we going to pay for these two new wars?

How are we going to pay for these two new wars?

Where in what I wrote did I advocate two new wars? What I said was:

I'm not sure if these situations are avoidable or not, that is yet to be determined.

Reading is fundamental.

I'm just asking how we will pay for it.

How did we pay for WWII? The economy was worse then than it was now. We might actually have to make sacrifices. People may have to realize that owning and PS3 and a big screen are luxuries and not rights. We might have to cut entitlements, all kinds of other bloated spending programs. We might have to raise taxes.

How did we pay for WWII? The economy was worse then than it was now. We might actually have to make sacrifices. People may have to realize that owning and PS3 and a big screen are luxuries and not rights. We might have to cut entitlements, all kinds of other bloated spending programs. We might have to raise taxes.

I'm all for making sacrifices when North Korea/Iran/Iraq attack us. Until they steal or bomb by XBOX 360, I see no need for war.