[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Phone Card

Footballjoe

Where will your daughter be staying? (not asking in a creepy way. I swear. Well maybe a little bit)

The reason I ask is that many land lines in France have a free call to landlines in the US. It's a free service offered by many french phone carriers, so you might want to ask about that. Also if she is staying in a major city, and depending on where in the city (for example a heavy immigrant population) there are storefronts that have phone booths to call internationally for very cheap. They also sell phone cards here, but I am not very knowledgeable about that. Just seems that she would be better off buying one here, rather than in the US.

PM me if you have any specific quesitons. I live in Paris

Sac

Where will your daughter be staying? (not asking in a creepy way. I swear. Well maybe a little bit)

The reason I ask is that many land lines in France have a free call to landlines in the US. It's a free service offered by many french phone carriers, so you might want to ask about that. Also if she is staying in a major city, and depending on where in the city (for example a heavy immigrant population) there are storefronts that have phone booths to call internationally for very cheap. They also sell phone cards here, but I am not very knowledgeable about that. Just seems that she would be better off buying one here, rather than in the US.

PM me if you have any specific quesitons. I live in Paris

Sac

Appreciate the info. She is staying on one of the islands. I believe it is Marseille.

Appreciate the info. She is staying on one of the islands. I believe it is Marseille.

You are really going to have to brush up on your geography before letting your daughter go....

Marseille is France's second largest city and it is landlocked.

The 'islands' in general refer to the overseas french territories and departments such as Martinique (in the Caribbean) and Tahiti (South Pacific Ocean).

Not exactly the same thing....

:wacko:

PS if it is Marseille the landlocked city, though I have never been there, it being the number one imigrant destination in France, there should be no problem buying phone cards. I just went out for a stroll and saw cards being adevertised at the little shacks I was telling you about

You are really going to have to brush up on your geography before letting your daughter go....

The 'islands' in general refer to the overseas french territories and departments such as Martinique (in the Caribbean) and Tahiti (South Pacific Ocean).

:D

PS if it is Marseille the landlocked city, though I have never been there, it being the number one imigrant destination in France, there should be no problem buying phone cards. I just went out for a stroll and saw cards being adevertised at the little shacks I was telling you about

OK my geography stinks but it is an island that begins with M. :wacko:

My company has us rent an international phone when travelling outside the U.S. (I don't travel internationally enough to rate an global cell).

Cell Hire dot Com

THere is a Western Europe package on the front page for making calls .45 cents a minute.

Also, if she is taking a laptop, Skype is a good investment, and you can lay eyes on her. (If you don't know. Skype is a video phone application that uses the innerwebs, and your built in camera and mic on your laptop. Or add-ons to your desktop). It is a helluva lot cheaper, but not as instantaneous, clearly.)

Edited by cre8tiff

Make sure the phone is also good in Germany because, ummmm, you never know. You know?

I think your bait flew off that hook in your cast. Next time, run that worm through a few more times. And don't whip the cast quite so much.

Edited by cre8tiff

My company has us rent an international phone when travelling outside the U.S. (I don't travel internationally enough to rate an global cell).

Cell Hire dot Com

THere is a Western Europe package on the front page for making calls .45 cents a minute.

Also, if she is taking a laptop, Skype is a good investment, and you can lay eyes on her. (If you don't know. Skype is a video phone application that uses the innerwebs, and your built in camera and mic on your laptop. Or add-ons to your desktop). It is a helluva lot cheaper, but not as instantaneous, clearly.)

Skype is awesome. I use it all the time

:D

Just for the record the island is Bel lie. OK so where did I get the idea that it began with a M? I have not a clue. :wacko:

You can also look into gettting an "international plan" for her existing cell phone. Switching to an international plan does not generally affect your contract and they are far more reasonably priced than they used to be.