[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Transformers 2

BigMikeinNY

what was with robogirl? since when did transformers take human shape? that was way too terminator-esque for me and brought on all kinds of plot possibilities that were ignored. cool freakin effects but they just kind of threw that in there way too casually ...

I totally agree with you about the robogirl. If they could look like humans, why not just have all of them transform into different looking humans (children, old people, politicians, etc.) and kill off the real humans eaisly one at a time? That bugged me a lot. At first I was thinking that maybe she was going to end up being Mikaela's cousin trying to test his fidelity at College or something like that (which frankly would have been a much better use of that chick in the story).

So not only was their ability to transform into humans just ignored the rest of the movie, but so was Sam's apparant absorption of all of the power and information that was contained in the Cube. You'd think that would have been a little bit more important, but I guess it only gave him the ability to read an astronomy text book really fast.

Then there is the (just a tad) weak coincidence that Sam's new college roommate is a computer haker/conspiracy website guy who knows about the robots and has happened to see those strange symbols before on Agent Simmons' website. Yep. That's likely.

Oh and then there's an even older more evil than Megatron decepticon, who for some reason comes back to life now and can only be beaten by a Prime. Really? Only beaten by a Prime? And Optimus is that last one? (sigh) ok.

But other than that, my wife, my 5 year old boy and me were all very entertained. I think it's worth seeing in the theater.

Edited by Savage Beatings

I loved the first one, absolutley loved it! I saw it three times in the theater, and have watched it about 10x on DVD. So when I showed up at a full-house midnight showing last night to see Transformers 2, the bar had already been set sky high. Well......

I did not like it. It is not the worst movie of all time like some of these blogs are stating, but I have deffinatley been telling people it was well.....not good

Thumbs down

1. Way too predicatable

2. Cheesy one liners

3. Action so quick your eyes cannot even catch up with what happened

4. Way too many lame attempts at getting a laugh

Thumbs up

1. Isabel Lucas

2. Megan Fox

Like I said. Some people may agree, some may not. But with expectations so high, this film did deffinaltey not live up to mine :wacko:

We just saw it tonight. That is a very good point about the action being too quick and also too close up to see what is happening. Megan Fox spends alot of time posing as in the very first scene that she's in shows her on her bike painting the gas tank. It looked like a Playboy shoot. I'm not one to complain about looking at hotties, but there were definetly scenes put in just to show her off that had nothing to do with the movie.

I didn't see any one liners that were cheesy or that at least were cheesy enough for me to have a problem with.

The formula:

Blow some crap up.

Deliver cheezy, lame lines

Blow some more crap up.

Have Megan Fox run in slow motion wearing a halter.

Deliver more cheezy lines.

Repeat for two hours.

The slow-mo running was the best part, and worth the $4.50 I paid for the matinee. That was about it.

now considering it was a Sequal (and M.Bay flick)

Overall it gets the pass. (we are talking about part two here..)

The Good; 2 great Hotties, TONS OF GREAT Explosions, Cool Cars/Robots..

The Bad: Plot, (uh what plot?) and missing links between several things (like the evil hottie) how the "new director of such'n'such" just lays it out for the Decepts? & the Jar-Jar, jive talking..a touch annoying (a gold tooth?) and predictablity; again a sequal thing IMO..

IMO the action (save a couple scenes) was great, and what I ultimately expected in a sequal. There was some cartoony stuff, but were talking about transfroming robots here too..(whom all seem pretty damn hip)

The plot -filler- was fitted nicely in between the action scenes, shots of Megan Fox(y) and Evil Hottie, and background-story (for the current cast of characters..)

If you loved the first one, then you may merely like this one; If you liked the first one, then maybe this one is 'meh'...

it was a step down, but its still good considering the vein of the its origins.. I thought the Good out weighed the Bad here..just my opinion

now considering it was a Sequal (and M.Bay flick)

Overall it gets the pass. (we are talking about part two here..)

The Good; 2 great Hotties, TONS OF GREAT Explosions, Cool Cars/Robots..

The Bad: Plot, (uh what plot?) and missing links between several things (like the evil hottie) how the "new director of such'n'such" just lays it out for the Decepts? & the Jar-Jar, jive talking..a touch annoying (a gold tooth?) and predictablity; again a sequal thing IMO..

IMO the action (save a couple scenes) was great, and what I ultimately expected in a sequal. There was some cartoony stuff, but were talking about transfroming robots here too..(whom all seem pretty damn hip)

The plot -filler- was fitted nicely in between the action scenes, shots of Megan Fox(y) and Evil Hottie, and background-story (for the current cast of characters..)

If you loved the first one, then you may merely like this one; If you liked the first one, then maybe this one is 'meh'...

it was a step down, but its still good considering the vein of the its origins.. I thought the Good out weighed the Bad here..just my opinion

Did you copy/paste this from Tiger Beat? Just wondering.

I enjoyed it, bad plot and all. Robots fighting robots got me and throw in megan fox.

I never go watch these films with a good plot in mind and I have my brain let go of alot of things. This was more kids based than the 1st one but that didnt bother me. Would I prefer a rated R version? Yes, but my expectations would be higher.

I enjoyed it but wont watch it twice or say its a must see. I got my $s worth and good pop corn.

I took my 10 year old to see it last night. He liked it. I laughed at JetFire. My grandfather was the wheel, and you know what he turned into? Nothing! And he did it with honor!"

I wanted to see UP but he wasn't buying it. :wacko: