[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Myrtle Beach

keggerz

It's been a very long time since I've been there, Keg, but if I recall correctly North Myrtle Beach is the quieter place if that's what you want. The further south you go, the more commercialized it becomes. That's good for kids though as there is/was plenty to do for them.

Can't recommend a hotel though but I'm sure someone will chime in. Plenty of golf courses also.

Keg I stayed at the place below last October. It opened last year and I got a great rate at the time. October isn't peak season so you should be able to get a decent rate again. It is in North Myrtle Beach. If you stay there spend the little extra for an ocean view condo. While it has a great view it is not right on the beach, it's across the street but still very close.

Tilghman

October isn't peak season

It is for golfers from the north....

I have made the trip for 8 years in a row in October with my Dad and two buddies. Strictly a golf trip. 4 days three nights. 27 holes a day. Is that what you have planned or is it a family vacation?

Keg I stayed at the place below last October. It opened last year and I got a great rate at the time. October isn't peak season so you should be able to get a decent rate again. It is in North Myrtle Beach. If you stay there spend the little extra for an ocean view condo. While it has a great view it is not right on the beach, it's across the street but still very close.

Tilghman

Yes, this is a nice place in N. Myrtle. We stay in Cherry Grove, which is the northern part of N. Myrtle as my wife's best friend's parents own a condo there that they let us use sometimes. We just went down there during Father's Day week and stayed at a timeshare that my brother belongs to that is right next to Barefoot Landings, which is a terrific place for food, shopping and entertainment. I sent you a PM to see if I could help you out with the things that you want to do while you are there.

It is for golfers from the north....

I have made the trip for 8 years in a row in October with my Dad and two buddies. Strictly a golf trip. 4 days three nights. 27 holes a day. Is that what you have planned or is it a family vacation?

Just the wife and I...we are just looking to get away to chill....eat some good food, walk the beach and stuff like that...i am sure she will try and talk me into golfing but I havent picked a stick up in almost 2 yrs and doubt I will on that trip either.

Barefoot Landing is nice. Check CondoWorld for some good prices on a number of places to choose from.

I will check out Barefoot Landing and CondoWorld so thanks

Yes, this is a nice place in N. Myrtle. We stay in Cherry Grove, which is the northern part of N. Myrtle as my wife's best friend's parents own a condo there that they let us use sometimes. We just went down there during Father's Day week and stayed at a timeshare that my brother belongs to that is right next to Barefoot Landings, which is a terrific place for food, shopping and entertainment. I sent you a PM to see if I could help you out with the things that you want to do while you are there.

responded

• 4 weeks later...
Looking at getting away in October and we are thinking about possibly going to MB...anyone have any recommendations on where to stay and/or where to stay away from?

Hey Keggerz. It's our first night here in MB. We will be here for a week, I will letcha know the good and the bad.

How big is your family? kids? no kids?