[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

T.O. thinks commissioner Goodell should goto jail

hooknladder

Terrell Owens: 'The commissioner needs to go sit in jail for 23 months'

Terrell Owens strongly criticized NFL commissioner Roger Goodell on Sunday for his handling of Michael Vick's reinstatement.

Owens said Vick deserves an immediate second chance in the league and that the commissioner would be wrong to suspend him again.

In pointed comments to ESPN, Owens suggested Goodell is not being sensitive to the price already paid by Vick, who last Monday completed a 20-month federal sentence for his dogfighting conviction.

"The commissioner needs to go sit in jail for 23 months," Owens told ESPN.

Earlier, Owens told reporters that the potential for a new suspension for Vick was "ridiculous." The NFL denied an ESPN report on Thursday that Goodell was set to suspend Vick for an additional four games.

"No decisions have been made," spokesman Greg Aiello said.

Owens said he wants other NFL players to come out in support of Vick. "The guy's already suffered so much," he said.

Terrell Owens strongly criticized NFL commissioner Roger Goodell on Sunday for his handling of Michael Vick's reinstatement.

Owens said Vick deserves an immediate second chance in the league and that the commissioner would be wrong to suspend him again.

In pointed comments to ESPN, Owens suggested Goodell is not being sensitive to the price already paid by Vick, who last Monday completed a 20-month federal sentence for his dogfighting conviction.

Earlier, Owens told reporters that the potential for a new suspension for Vick was "ridiculous." The NFL denied an ESPN report on Thursday that Goodell was set to suspend Vick for an additional four games.

Owens said he wants other NFL players to come out in support of Vick. "The guy's already suffered so much," he said.

:wacko:

Edited by hooknladder

Makes sense. We have a public debate about crime and punishment, the moral implications of someone involved in animal cruelty and what it would mean for a franchise to take a chance on him...let's go find T.O., we can count on him for a thoughtful, rational take on the matter. :wacko:

I heard the same interview, and the only thing I got out of it was reaffirmation of how much of an idiot T.O. was, is, and likely always will be.

I'm sorry, Mr. Owens - I missed that part of the Constitution that states everyone has an inalienable right to play in the NFL. Now shut up and concentrate on catching easy passes, Einstein....

You guys would be AMAZED how many players are supporting Vick via Twitter.

Let's see them man up and do it front and center. Let them stand up and tell the NFL's fan base en masse that they think Vick's prior behavior should not be any consideration and that he should be reinstated with no further consequences - and further that Goodell ought to be punished for even considering a suspension.

This is why players should worry about playing, take their 60% of gross income, and GUMMI BEAR.

Terrell Owens: 'The commissioner needs to go sit in jail for 23 months'

:wacko:

Doesnt surprise me that an egomaniacal out-of-touch-with-reality goof like Owens would look at it from the point of view of what Vick "has suffered". It obviously isnt hitting home with a lot of people (who defend Vick by pointing to the punishment he's served) that it was 100% Vick's own damn fault he ended up in his situation. Vick chose to involve himself in a lifestyle that was not only brutal and sadistic, but also illegal. And he got caught. He had more money and fame than most people could dream of, and he willingly risked it all for the "excitement" of dog fighting?? Brilliant!!

Owens attitude isnt rare anymore, however, and that is sad. Seems like there are a lot of people now who just seem to accept the fact that athletes are going to be in trouble as though its as much a part of their life as lifting weights. They feel they are owed an opportunity to play in a major sports league because they are good at what they do and their troubles should be overlooked. Until the commissioners of the major sports leagues start giving the lifetime ban to more of these knuckleheads, it wont hit home with them that they just cant be jerkoffs. Seriously...its not that friggin hard to stay out of trouble.

Playing in the NFL is special and its a privilege. Its not owed to anyone. Its earned. And I think the message needs to be made more loud and clear that players need to be more careful about what they do or that privilege can be taken away rather quickly.

Vick served his time and now he is owed the opportunity to work and make a living. He is not owed the opportunity to have a career in the NFL.

You guys would be AMAZED how many players are supporting Vick via Twitter.

Name some. I would like to see a list of the names. Hmm maybe Pac-Man - Tank Johnson - Burress???? I am willing to bet it is not Brady, Manning, Donald Driver. Greg Jennings

Let's see them man up and do it front and center. Let them stand up and tell the NFL's fan base en masse that they think Vick's prior behavior should not be any consideration and that he should be reinstated with no further consequences

Name some.

McNabb also commented on Michael Vick(notes), who was reinstated with conditions by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell on Monday afternoon.

Asked whether he thought Vick should be suspended, McNabb said: “No, not at all. … I’m looking forward to him being reinstated and being able to have an opportunity to get back on his feet and play football again.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-e...p&type=lgns

McNabb also commented on Michael Vick(notes), who was reinstated with conditions by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell on Monday afternoon.

Asked whether he thought Vick should be suspended, McNabb said: “No, not at all. … I’m looking forward to him being reinstated and being able to have an opportunity to get back on his feet and play football again.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-e...p&type=lgns

Seems like the players usually have each other's backs in these situations. It is in their own best interests to have a precedent set for leniency for when their own time comes.

Seems like the players usually have each other's backs in these situations. It is in their own best interests to have a precedent set for leniency for when their own time comes.

As rule members of the same union tend to support one another :wacko: McNabb IMO has generally been a guy who takes the high road when it comes off field issues :D

Vick served his time and now he is owed the opportunity to work and make a living. He is not owed the opportunity to have a career in the NFL.

That wasn't the argument, it was the when, not the if. Count Jim Miller and Ross Tucker along with TO who question what good an addittional 4 games or whatever would make a difference in vick's likelihood of sucess in the NFL.

He suceedes or doesn't now given a second chance. Any additional suspension is irrelavent to that percentage of failure. That is the issue Ownes was referencing.

Makes sense. We have a public debate about crime and punishment, the moral implications of someone involved in animal cruelty and what it would mean for a franchise to take a chance on him...let's go find T.O., we can count on him for a thoughtful, rational take on the matter. :wacko:

:D:D

In a related article, Goodell said recently that Owens should be hosed down and electrocuted by Vick. That racist bastage.

Vick should be allowed to make millions playing a game (again). After all they were just dogs, who cares? It's not his fault anyway, dude it was all his environment :D

c'mon guys... he served his time...-and besides;

..it's not like he KILLED somebody...................................

Is Michael Vick Really Worse Than Leonard Little?

Just so everyone knows, what I think Mike Vick did was quite despicable. He systematically drowned and shot dogs. And in addition to that, he beat them up to make them mean as hell so they'd fight other dogs.

Most people right now are asking the question: 'Is Vick remorseful for what he did after having served 2 years in jail?' It seems like he is to me, but that's not where I'm going with this.

Where I'm going with this is how bad is Michael Vick really in the grand scheme of things? See, to me, as bad as everything that Vick did was, I can't shake the fact that he only did this to animals. I'm not excusing him, but I'm saying "Hey, thank God he wasn't doing this to people."

That may sound ludicrous on some level, but here me out.

After leaving a birthday party drunk in 1998, Leonard Little crashed into and killed Susan Gutweiler in St. Louis, MO. When tested, his blood alcohol level measured 0.19 percent, a level that exceeds the statutory level of intoxication of 0.08 in the state of Missouri. Little received 90 days in jail, four years probation and 1000 hours of community service.

So who's Leonard Little? He was the 4th pick in the 3rd round of the 1998 NFL draft, the 65th overall pick by the St. Louis Rams. Little was inactive for four games of his rookie season before being placed on the non-football injury list due to legal issues surrounding his drunk driving accident. The NFL then suspended Little for 8 games of the 1999 season.

However, since then, Little has had himself a decent career. He was a Pro Bowl defensive end in 2003 and 2006. He's still playing for the Rams, in fact.

But here's some bad news. In 2004 Little was again arrested for drunk driving and speeding. The probable cause statement filed by police said Little had bloodshot and watery eyes, smelled of alcohol and failed three sobriety tests. Because of Little's previous manslaughter conviction, this second DUI became a felony case. Little ultimately was acquitted on the DUI charges, but needless to say, this was pretty bad.

Yet the Rams hung on to him. And as I said, he's still playing for them.

So while I know Little didn't actually try to kill Susan Gutweiler, the point is he did. And 6 years later, he was caught doing the same thing that caused Gutweiler's death in the first place.

Something tells me Vick won't ever be caught dogfighting again.

My point is this. Vick didn't even kill a human being, and he's already spent way more time in jail than Little. If the NFL let Little come back and play, I don't see how they can bar Vick from playing.

But this is a serious question: Is Vick worse than Little? I honestly don't think he is, regardless of what he did to those dogs. As soon as you make the leap from killing dogs to humans, regardless of your intent, something is seriously wrong. Especially when Little seemingly don't learn from it at all.

****this is an article i C+P'd****

((Fan IQ))

:wacko::D:D:D:D:2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents:

Edited by hooknladder

Vick should be allowed to make millions playing a game (again). After all they were just dogs, who cares? It's not his fault anyway, dude it was all his environment :wacko:

Meh, almost everyone deserves a 2nd chance. Except janitors and guys who play a game for a living.