[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Which RBs will run for double digit TDs?

keggerz

Let's have it...name all the RBs that you think will run for 10+ TDs

And for extra credit, who will run for 15+ TDs and who if anyone will run for 20+ TDs?

:wacko:

EDIT: Don't take the easy way out and just post the name of 1 or 2 RBs unless you think they are really the only 1 or 2 that will run for double digit TDs.

Edited by keggerz

FYI here are last years RBs that ran for double digit TDs:

Name followed by rushing TDs

DeAngelo Williams 18

Michael Turner 17

LenDale White 15

Brandon Jacobs 15

Thomas Jones 13

MJD 12

LT 11

Tim Hightower 10

Jonathan Stewart 10

Ronnie Brown 10

LeRon McClain 10

Adrian Peterson 10

Edited by keggerz

RUN for 15+ TDs? Hmmmmm ... with reception scores taken out of the mix ...

Adrian Peterson and LT2 will come close, but will lose garbage time pile on TDs to Chester Taylor and Darren Sproles. The Falcons will score more by air, so Turner will fall short. The Bears, as they muddle through Cutler's indoctrination, just won't score often enough to get Forte to that level on the ground. SJax and Westy will be on pace, but will miss games. Hmmm ...

Lendale White. He won't get yardage, he'll get scores.

PIerre Thomas. Yep, he takes Deuce's role.

and ... you read it hear first ...

<homerpick> Rashard Mendenhall -- he pounds one in for the Steeelers every week. </homerpick>

15+: LT2, Westbrook, S. Jackson, Jacobs

10+: Turner, ADP, Barber, MJD, Grant, Forte, Lendale, Stewart, Pierre, L. Johnson, Gore, Portis, Brown

I would agree with this list except only 9 or 10 of westbrooks TD's will come on the ground.

And remove LJ from the list all together

FYI here are last years RBs that ran for double digit TDs:

Name followed by rushing TDs

DeAngelo Williams 18

Michael Turner 17

LenDale White 15

Brandon Jacobs 15

Thomas Jones 13

MJD 12

LT 11

Tim Hightower 10

Jonathan Stewart 10

Ronnie Brown 10

LeRon McClain 10

Adrian Peterson 10

Last year had an unusually high number for 15+ though.

LaDainian Tomlinson 15

LaDainian Tomlinson 28

Larry Johnson 17

Shaun Alexander 27

Larry Johnson 20

Ladainian Tomlinson 18

Ladainian Tomlinson 17

Shaun Alexander 16

Holmes, Priest 27

Green, Ahman 15

Last year had an unusually high number for 15+ though.

LaDainian Tomlinson 15

LaDainian Tomlinson 28

Larry Johnson 17

Shaun Alexander 27

Larry Johnson 20

Ladainian Tomlinson 18

Ladainian Tomlinson 17

Shaun Alexander 16

Holmes, Priest 27

Green, Ahman 15

:wacko: since you sorta let the cat out of the bag:

Double Digit rushing TDs by year:

89:6

90:8

91:6

92:4

93:2

94:3

95:11

96:8

97:7

98:4

99:5

00:9

01:7

02:11(includes the 10 rushing TDs by CPep)

03:10

04:10

05:9

06:9

07:6

08:12

I would agree with this list except only 9 or 10 of westbrooks TD's will come on the ground.

And remove LJ from the list all together

the Eagles went out and signed the best FA fullback (Weaver) on the market to improve their short yardage game, and added two pro-bowlers to the right side of the OL (Peters and Stacy Andrews).

I have a feeling there will be a lot more running in the red zone for the Eagles this year.

Everyone's down on LJ....I think a lack of Gonzo in the red zone will lead to more TD opportunities for LJ. While Charles may steal some yardage, I think its 100% LJs show inside the 20.

the Eagles went out and signed the best FA fullback (Weaver) on the market to improve their short yardage game, and added two pro-bowlers to the right side of the OL (Peters and Stacy Andrews).

I have a feeling there will be a lot more running in the red zone for the Eagles this year.

Everyone's down on LJ....I think a lack of Gonzo in the red zone will lead to more TD opportunities for LJ. While Charles may steal some yardage, I think its 100% LJs show inside the 20.

As a Westbrook owner in several dynasty leagues and also an Eagles fan i truly hope that Westbrook does not see a lot of End zone short yardage carries. I will be holding my breath on every hand off he gets in these situations. He does is best work ( and safest ) from 10 yards out and farther except when he decides to take a knee ( that play killed me ) and again on LJ , I may be wrong and it wont be the first time but I think his days of double digit TD's are over. He is on my avoid list for this year.

Leonard Weaver is not in the top 30 FB's in the NFL in terms of lead blocking.

And I know I'm not supposed to just add one player but because of my time crunch today and nobody yet has mentioned him, I'm going to say B. Wells.

Edited by Seahawks21

the Eagles went out and signed the best FA fullback (Weaver) on the market to improve their short yardage game,

Leanord Weaver is a converted tight end and blocks like one. Greg Knapp's new system in Seattle calls for a fullback that blocks first, runs and receives a distant second. That's not Leonard Weaver and that's why he wasn't re-signed.

Philly has a multi-dimensional HB in a FB's body, but if Weaver is going to improve Philly's short yardage game, it will most likely be in the form of vulturing TDs from Westbrook.

Edited by bushwacked

Philly has a multi-dimensional HB in a FB's body, but if Weaver is going to improve Philly's short yardage game, it will most likely be in the form of vulturing TDs from Westbrook.

Certainly not what we have been hearing here, but if what you say is true, then it could be Weaver with the 10+ TDs.

Philly was 26th in red zone efficiency last year (in a year they broke the franchise record for points scored!), 24th the year before. It was probably the #1 item they wanted to address in the offseason, and with Weaver, Andrews and peters, many feel they have taken a huge step in this direction.

Everyone on the planet knew the Eagles would pass 3 straight downs on 1st and goal from the 5+ yard line. I think that philosophy changes dramatically this year.