[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Packers training camp

Randall

It is Training Camp....ARodg looks good....but can he do it with a team gunning to take his head off? Two of his first years with GB were injured, but no one remembers that. Let's see him last 16+ years...

I believe ARodg did much better last year than expected. He was put in a tight spot by both TT and Favre. He has a few years of high play before I, and many other GB fans, are ready to anoint him as the “Second Coming”.

Career Starts 269 (291 Including Playoffs) only trailing Jim Marshal @ 270. NFL Hall of Fame has keyed Favre as “Iron Man”.

Most Wins for QB Career 169

League’s Top TD Passer for Season 4x (Only Steve Young, Unitas, and Len Dawson have done this.)

League MVP 3x (Only Jim Brown, Johnny Unitas, and Peyton Manning have done this)

Career TD’s = 464

Career Passing Yards 65,127 (Nearest is Marino with 61,361 @ 16 years)

Career INTs = 310 (If anyone else can make it to this many years it could be broken) Favre is not on the list for most in a season all-time though. (Blanda leads that at 42)

Never threw over 40 TD's in a season, but he is a model of consistency by tossing over 30 TD's 8 times. Dan Marino and Peyton Manning have done it 4 times.

16 years with 3000+ yards passing (Nearest is Marino @ 13)

Most Consecutive Games with TD Pass 36 (Unitas @ 47, Marino @ 30)

He is already listed as one of the top 10 QB’s of All-Time.

IMHO I just think TT and McCheesy have a long road ahead of them. I doubt their faces will ever equal Success and GB Packer Football the way Favre did. If ARodg is successful, it will be despite TT and McCheesy. He has raw talent and ability. Let's just hope he keeps excelling and people pull together like they did with Favre...and that he can stay healthy.

Good Luck. Let's see the D/ST gel and keep us in games!!

Time will tell…time will tell….

Edited by Ed Hoyle

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is Training Camp....ARodg looks good....but can he do it with a team gunning to take his head off? Two of his first years with GB were injured, but no one remembers that. Let's see him last 16+ years...

I believe ARodg did much better last year than expected. He was put in a tight spot by both TT and Favre. He has a few years of high play before I, and many other GB fans, are ready to anoint him as the “Second Coming”.

Career Starts 269 (291 Including Playoffs) only trailing Jim Marshal @ 270. NFL Hall of Fame has keyed Favre as “Iron Man”.

Most Wins for QB Career 169

League’s Top TD Passer for Season 4x (Only Steve Young, Unitas, and Len Dawson have done this.)

League MVP 3x (Only Jim Brown, Johnny Unitas, and Peyton Manning have done this)

Career TD’s = 464

Career Passing Yards 65,127 (Nearest is Marino with 61,361 @ 16 years)

Career INTs = 310 (If anyone else can make it to this many years it could be broken) Favre is not on the list for most in a season all-time though. (Blanda leads that at 42)

Never threw over 40 TD's in a season, but he is a model of consistency by tossing over 30 TD's 8 times. Dan Marino and Peyton Manning have done it 4 times.

16 years with 3000+ yards passing (Nearest is Marino @ 13)

Most Consecutive Games with TD Pass 36 (Unitas @ 47, Marino @ 30)

He is already listed as one of the top 10 QB’s of All-Time.

IMHO I just think TT and McCheesy have a long road ahead of them. I doubt their faces will ever equal Success and GB Packer Football the way Favre did. If ARodg is successful, it will be despite TT and McCheesy. He has raw talent and ability. Let's just hope he keeps excelling and people pull together like they did with Favre...and that he can stay healthy.

Good Luck. Let's see the D/ST gel and keep us in games!!

Time will tell…time will tell….

Useless post....

How long are you going to continue to hang onto Favre's nutsack?

They weren't gunning to take his head off last year? :wacko:

It's a better team this season and he's better. When Favre was here Rodgers never got to play. Favre dominated all the on field time except for the Dallas game.

He went in cold and did pretty well.

They weren't gunning to take his head off last year? :wacko:

It's a better team this season and he's better. When Favre was here Rodgers never got to play. Favre dominated all the on field time except for the Dallas game.

He went in cold and did pretty well.

I am not saying ARodg is not talented. He's already proven that he has the tools and ability to break many records that Favre holds in GB and the NFL. Leadership, come from behind wins will separate ARodg from Favre and other NFL QB's. To be "elite" let's see over 3 years to see where the team is and will be going.

Again, I think ARodg has the tools. I just don't see him making it 16 years healthy...plus with TT and McCheesy on board. The youth movement has yet to work out. But, not going after FA's is not helping in the near future...which should be the point...to win now. How many years of mediocrity will we endure to win our next Division Title, or even have a winning record?

Everyone is jumping on the bandwagon and dissing anyone who remembers what the Pack was before Favre and during...but just not able to let go.

The time has come to move on and I hope Favre stays retired. He should have stayed retired a Packer. But, there is a lot more going on with the TT/McCheesy/Favre saga than is getting out. The Media helped lend itself to the DIVA talk. Let's just hope that it is over...should've been long ago.

As for "Wolf" and "GBPFan1231"....go to hell. You couldn't even hold Favre's clipboard or his jock. Maybe you should quit bashing the Favre Fans and join the TT & McCheesy "wrap-around fest" in their office.

As for "Wolf" and "GBPFan1231"....go to hell. You couldn't even hold Favre's clipboard or his jock. Maybe you should quit bashing the Favre Fans and join the TT & McCheesy "wrap-around fest" in their office.

Seriously - are you sure that you are a Packer fan? I don't know any of them that have the same sentiments as you - and we cheeseheads tends to see things similarly for the most part (I think it has to do with long hours of complex analysis over PBRs and shots of brandy...).

First off, Wolf, GBPFan321, and any other Packer fan is not competing for the position of starting QB, so I'm not quite sure why they'd need to hold anyone's clipboard or jock.

Secondly, the TT regime has done an admirable and commendable job of recovering from the Sherman disaster, and quite frankly I find TT's method of building the team through the draft to be refreshing and working very well.

Thirdly, anyone who expects Rodgers to put up equivalent numbers over a career as Favre has is certifiable. Favre holds a ton of career NFL QB records, and to think that any team would get a QB equally as productive over their career and to have as long of a pro career starting at QB immediately after the favre era should have his deer hunting license revoked, since they shouldn't be anywhere near guns.

Fourth, Rodgers did great last year in his first year starting, especially given that he was under intense scrutiny aftre what Favre pulled on GB last year. Having the phantom of Favre staring over your should in Lambeau Field every game and performing as well as he did is nothing short of spectacular. TT absolutely made the correct decision in sending Favre packing after Favre's retire/unretire/retire/unretire escapades year after year, and especially after his ridiculous behavior last year. Oh, and BTW, I still worship the ground Favre walks on. I just wish he'd stop walking on NFL fields already...

Fifth: Are you sure you're not Brian Brohm?

Edited by Bronco Billy

I am not saying ARodg is not talented. He's already proven that he has the tools and ability to break many records that Favre holds in GB and the NFL. Leadership, come from behind wins will separate ARodg from Favre and other NFL QB's. To be "elite" let's see over 3 years to see where the team is and will be going.

Again, I think ARodg has the tools. I just don't see him making it 16 years healthy...plus with TT and McCheesy on board. The youth movement has yet to work out. But, not going after FA's is not helping in the near future...which should be the point...to win now. How many years of mediocrity will we endure to win our next Division Title, or even have a winning record?

Everyone is jumping on the bandwagon and dissing anyone who remembers what the Pack was before Favre and during...but just not able to let go.

The time has come to move on and I hope Favre stays retired. He should have stayed retired a Packer. But, there is a lot more going on with the TT/McCheesy/Favre saga than is getting out. The Media helped lend itself to the DIVA talk. Let's just hope that it is over...should've been long ago.

He knows he has to work on those things. He's had one year and is off to a good start. That's really all I say about him now.

Since :wacko: is already reserved, let's go with :D

Yes, I'm Brohm....I just can't twitter fast enough. LOL. Maybe Ochostinko can help.

PBR Here here....

I agree, the fiasco last year was a lot for anyone to deal with. Yet, I disagree that TT handled it correctly. Both he and Favre were WRONG.

But, if you check the timeline, Favre never started wavering until TT came in and made it known the team was his. Then he made sure all knew ARodg was his guy. That'd be enough to cause someone to think about retiring. Either way, he should have stayed retired.

But to save face for the organization, TT should have said "Hey Brett, you retired and we gave the job to ARodg. But, if you come in and beat ARodg in training camp, it's yours. If you lose, stay retired?" Many will disagree with this POV.

Can you honestly say that this scenario would have been less drama than what took place? Sure, it would have drawn a line in the locker room. But, in the end everyone would know who is the best and it could have ended there.

I just disagree with TT coming in and pretty much letting it be known that "He's the boss" and "Favre is not". They could have worked things out. Plus, there is the story that McC and Favre had it worked out to compete last year, but TT said no. Anyone can agree/disagree. But can you see the Colts doing that?

The Sherman era was questionable at best. Infante and Gregg still leave bad memories. But, we're not done with TT and McCheesy either.

Let's wait and see.

If the Pack does any better than 8-8 this I will buy a case of PBR and we can share it. I just disagree with the total "youth movement".

I just disagree with TT coming in and pretty much letting it be known that "He's the boss" and "Favre is not".

But Ed, TT IS the boss and Favre is NOT the boss. As a fan who watched Favre and Co do so many great things over the years, I am sure it hurt to watch. The fact remains though that Favre was "just" a player. And when his usefulness was over, the team was finished with him.

Like any team would do with any player, unfortunately.

Yeah. Bottom line...it is a business.

I was just as pissed when SF got rid of Joe and went with Young.

I have friends in GB who are divided. They are disappointed in Brett, but TT too. They would have liked a competition.

But, the others have said there is much more to the whole soap opera that happened.

Most are not fans of TT but support him due to GB Organization.

I just can't do that.

I would rather see him fail miserably to prove a point...unfortunately that will create an appearance of not being a fan. I lived through the Starr Coaching years, the Infante Years, and the Gregg Years. I remember James Lofton, Eddie Lee Ivery, and John Anderson (whose dad grew up near my hometown).

I also miss the Madison, WI Preseason games.

Either way...time will tell whether or not TT and McCHeesy are successful. I just hope it isn't too painful.

:wacko:

Edited by Ed Hoyle

I would rather see him fail miserably to prove a point...unfortunately that will create an appearance of not being a fan.

I may be wrong, but I thought fans stick with there team through thick and thin, regardless of who the GM or HC was. See cowboy fans in the Campo/Gailey era. I hated Mike Sherman as a coach and a GM, but my fandom never waivered. Just saying...

And as far as us on the huddle not being able to hold Favre's clipboard... No one is saying that any of us could do what Favre did, nor is anyone saying that Aaron Rodgers is going to play 16 years or be a HoF'er. All I said last year is that Rodgers was the future and Favre was the past. Rodgers did a great job, and Favre is gone. We know you hate the packers, you don't need to remind us every few days. Just remember to wrap your ankles when jumping from one bandwagon to the other.

Ed . . . get over it. Look forward, not behind.

Queen Brett and his drama are now in the rearview mirror, focus on the (hopefully) bright future of the Packers instead.

Being a Packer fan, I just cant stand people that still prefer to worship at St. Brett's feet instead of keeping loyalty to the TEAM.

Ye

I would rather see him fail miserably to prove a point...unfortunately that will create an appearance of not being a fan.

Just an appearance? :wacko: Most Packer fans are Packers fans first and Favre fans second. You it seems are the opposite. Time to move forward as other have said.

Back to training camp

PK Mason Crosby had a better night, hitting an early run-on field goal from 44 yards and later converting 7 of 8 attempts from between 20 and 53 yards. His lone miss was from the right hash at 48.

* The punters -- particularly Jeremy Kapinos -- weren't as fortunate in their placement punting. With the ball at or near the 35, Kapinos put consecutive punts a yard deep in the end zone. Durant Brooks got one opportunity -- his first trip onto the field was nullified when rookie DE Jarius Wynn forgot he was supposed to be on the field -- and landed a punt at the 9 that LS Brett Goode downed at the 7. Neither punter has set himself apart at this stage.

* Starting kickoff team: CB Will Blackmon, S Charlie Peprah, FB John Kuhn, LB Brandon Chillar, Poppinga, Crosby, Thompson, LB Desmond Bishop, Havner, DB Jarrett Bush, WR Ruvell Martin. Starting kick return team: Blackmon, Kuhn, T Tony Moll, OL Duke Preston, T Breno Giacomini, Martin, Chillar, RB Kregg Lumpkin, FB Korey Hall, Bush, Bishop.

* Highlights of one-on-one receiver/cornerback drills: WR Kole Heckendorf (vs. Blackmon) and Martin (vs. CB Joe Porter) each getting free on hitch-and-go routes and catching passes that traveled 50 yards or more in the air.

* Something's up with WR Jordy Nelson. He just doesn't look as confident with his routes or his hands. To wit: in the one-on-one drill, he slipped on a simple stop route and then dropped a pass against rookie CB Brandon Underwood. On his next try, working against undrafted rookie CB Trevor Ford, Nelson failed to get his head around on an in-breaking route and the ball whizzed past him. Without question, if you're looking for the No. 3 option at receiver, right now it's WR James Jones, not Nelson.

* Speaking of Jones, he started QB Aaron Rodgers' parade of long balls in team drills by beating CB Tramon Williams to the post for a 45-yard TD. He got another one from No. 2 QB Matt Flynn in a later team drill, but the play was called back for Jones' blatant push-off against Ford.

* Tempers seemed to be heating up in the team run period again, with brief scrums breaking out between WR JaRon Harris and Peprah; G Evan Dietrich-Smith and Obiozor; and then RT Allen Barbre and DE Michael Montgomery on the second play of the ensuing blitz drill. But things never bubbled over like they did on Tuesday night.

* Jarius Wynn came on the field late again during team run, didn't get set, ended up in a pile on a run to RB DeShawn Wynn and ended up limping off the field. He returned a few plays later.

* Rodgers had one of his best nights against the blitz, completing 5 of 6 passes. His only incompletion was the go for Martin on which Martin collided with S Nick Collins and hurt his groin. Rodgers' final throw in the period was a go for WR Greg Jennings, who made the play of the night to take it away from CB Al Harris and S Atari Bigby down the left sideline.

* A rare drop by TE Jermichael Finley cost Rodgers an interception in 7-on-7 passing. Finley was running a shallow cross, and Rodgers' on-target pass went right through his hands -- and into the hands of Bigby, who made a diving grab.

* Collins came up with the lone interception in team drills, jumping underneath Jennings on a crossing route and making a spectacular, leaping play. That's interception No. 3 of camp for Collins, whose athleticism continues to shine for a guy who's still feeling his way through the 3-4 transition. Rodgers finished only 1-for-4 in that team drill, which included crowd noise pumped through the speakers.

* Dropping 'em like they're hot: Heckendorf, DeShawn Wynn, WR Donald Driver.

Good Points, but you have your opinions and I have mine.

I am not the only one to think TT was wrong. But, everyone is jumping on the bandwagon to curse Favre for wavering. We'll probably never know what all went on, but many in GB have said TT created his own environment and let Favre know he was not his QB. Favre at least deserved respect. But again, no one will admit that Brett didn't waver until TT came into picture. Was he at fault...YES? Was TT wrong too...YES?? Either way, it is in the past, but you can't say I'm not a fan. I just have my reasons for disliking the Mgmt right now. Yet, anyone who disagrees with TT or McCheesy is branded a "Pack Hater and Favre Lover". Opinions are like A$$holes....Everyone has one.

For that matter, I don't hate the Packers...just TT and McCheesy. Did I hate Gregg, hell yes. Did I hate Sherman, for the most part yes...but I cheered for the Pack. If they fail, will you admit they sucked or place the blame on others? I'll do just that if TT/McCheesy prove me wrong. Let's just agree to disagree on that point. Nuff said.

Per Training Camp....

Jordy Nelson seems to be disappointing. James Jones could be a steal this year as a #3 and could move higher. I think Jennings could do great things if he develops a rapport with ARodg. Any insight on the OLine??

I would like to see Hawk come around more and Mathews gel with the D/ST. Mathews has the genetics, let's hope he's successful. They had a great article about him just before the draft. I believe he was a walk-on and really hit the weights and studied enough to get a scholarship and be a stud on the team before his Jr. or Sr. year. Good story line.

Edited by Ed Hoyle

I am not the only one to think TT was wrong. But, everyone is jumping on the bandwagon to push the HOF QB out the door. Was he at fault...YES? Was TT wrong...YES?? Either way, it is in the past, but you can't say I'm not a fan. I just have my reasons for disliking the Mgmt right now. Yet, anyone who disagrees with TT or McCheesy is branded a "Pack Hater and Favre Loveer". Opinions are like A$$holes....Everyone has one.

Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, is it? I said that fans stick with there teams through thick and thin. Through coaching changes, front office guys, and even quarterbacks. When you say you're a packer fan and follow it up with saying you hope they fail you're proving my point for me.

Also, people wouldn't jump all over your posts if they didn't contain stupid crap like "McCheesy" and how you hate the front office. That's good. You're allowed to have an opinion. We understand you have one. You need not remind us every chance you get.

Is this guy serious? Did you see Greg Jennings and Aaron Rodgers last year?

I meant he'd take over the "Clear #1" and have better numbers than last year. I think he's capable of more than 1200 yds and double-digit TD's---maybe 100 catches. Last year he entered as #2 and Driver #1 in most opinions. He could put up huge #'s this year. :wacko:

Edited by Ed Hoyle

Robinson: Brohm "having a tough time" competing in Green Bay; Packers visited Vick

Friday, August 7, 2009

Earlier this morning, I saw a tweet from Yahoo! Sports NFL reporter Charles Robinson that caught my eye:

"Packers interest in (Michael) Vick appears to be strongest of any NFL team so far. Shocking how little Packers think of third-string QB Brian Brohm."

So I called Charles, who was gracious enough to talk for a couple of minutes while he's in the middle of his NFL training camp tour to talk more about what he's getting about Brohm.

It doesn't look good for the second year quarterback from Louisville.

"I've heard from inside the (Packers) organization that he just hasn't progressed the way they had hoped," Robinson said. "He's having a tough time just competing with (second string quarterback Matt) Flynn.

"He's made no progress in the offseason."

That's some fall for a quarterback who was a legitimate Heisman Trophy candidate just 24 months ago.

"Two years ago, he was a (projected) top-15 pick (in the NFL Draft)," Robinson said. "Last year, he gets drafted in the second round. He's a third-stringer.

"Now, he may not even be on their team next year."

Every place on the 'net that talks about the Packer QBs has Flynn throwing and playing better than Brohm. In some cases, much better.

In other news, Robinson said the Packers have "some level of interest" in quarterback Michael Vick.

While Robinson thinks that Green Bay isn't close to signing him and that many teams have at least contacted Vick behind the scenes, he feels the interest from Green Bay is at least something to be noted.

"One of the personnel guys has definitely visited Vick, and it was a high-level personnel guy."

I meant he'd take over the "Clear #1" and have better numbers than last year. I think he's capable of more than 1200 yds and double-digit TD's---maybe 100 catches. Last year he entered as #2 and Driver #1 in most opinions.

Really?

Jennings 2008 ADP: 55.4 (pick 5.07) - WR20

Driver 2008 ADP: 79.8 (pick 7.08) - WR28

link

Really?

Jennings 2008 ADP: 55.4 (pick 5.07) - WR20

Driver 2008 ADP: 79.8 (pick 7.08) - WR28

link

In MSHB Jennings went in the first round. James Jones and Finley could be sleepers this year. Word if Nelson hasn't been very confident and has been dropping balls.

I haven't seen Wynn but reports are he's committed to football(finally).