[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Packers training camp

Randall

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really?

Jennings 2008 ADP: 55.4 (pick 5.07) - WR20

Driver 2008 ADP: 79.8 (pick 7.08) - WR28

link

In 2007, Driver had more Receptions and Yards. Jennings had more TD's. I wasn't looking at Fantasy Draft Status as per #1 and #2 standing. I was comparing his status as the "Go To" guy based on the previous year's numbers. Jennings is more explosive for sure. In the two leagues I'm in, Driver was drafted before Jennings....not saying much though as one team is the "Packer Team" having ARodg, Driver, Jennings, D. Lee, Packer ST/D, Crosby as PK. (Pisses many of us off as it's not Fantasy Football....especially when you play against him and you get beat soundly due to Packers playing well. It's tough to cheer against them too when you play this team.)

I think Driver may be on his way to being phased out in favor of James Jones and Finley. I had thought Jordy N. would take off where he left off last year, but it doesn't sound like it.

Edited by Ed Hoyle

I am not saying ARodg is not talented. He's already proven that he has the tools and ability to break many records that Favre holds in GB and the NFL. Leadership, come from behind wins will separate ARodg from Favre and other NFL QB's. To be "elite" let's see over 3 years to see where the team is and will be going.

Again, I think ARodg has the tools. I just don't see him making it 16 years healthy...plus with TT and McCheesy on board. The youth movement has yet to work out. But, not going after FA's is not helping in the near future...which should be the point...to win now. How many years of mediocrity will we endure to win our next Division Title, or even have a winning record?

Everyone is jumping on the bandwagon and dissing anyone who remembers what the Pack was before Favre and during...but just not able to let go.

The time has come to move on and I hope Favre stays retired. He should have stayed retired a Packer. But, there is a lot more going on with the TT/McCheesy/Favre saga than is getting out. The Media helped lend itself to the DIVA talk. Let's just hope that it is over...should've been long ago.

As for "Wolf" and "GBPFan1231"....go to hell. You couldn't even hold Favre's clipboard or his jock. Maybe you should quit bashing the Favre Fans and join the TT & McCheesy "wrap-around fest" in their office.

LMAO.... you want some kind of guarantee that Radgers will be the next Brett Favre or he sucks? He has to play 16 years without injury? I did not think cheese was generally processed with gange, but now I am beginning to wonder....

In 2007, Driver had more Receptions and Yards. Jennings had more TD's. I wasn't looking at Fantasy Draft Status as per #1 and #2 standing. I was comparing his status as the "Go To" guy based on the previous year's numbers.

No you weren't. You stated that in most opinions, Driver was WR1 and Jenning was WR2 going into last year. That was clearly not the case with most Packer fans, as they knew that Jennings was something special after seeing him play in '07, and most FFers - who base their draft picks upon which players will score more points (ie - have more receptions, yardage, and TDs) and chose Jennings over 2 rounds before Driver. I might add that the majority of FFers are not GB fans and still knew enough to place Jennings well ahead of Driver.

In the two leagues I'm in, Driver was drafted before Jennings....not saying much though

You said it.

Ed, seriously, your Packer acumen is in question and it's pretty obvious that you aren't anything more than a casual fan, but instead are a bona fide Favre jock sniffer. The old advice - when you find yourself in a hole, stop digging! - is something you ought to heed.

LMAO.... you want some kind of guarantee that Radgers will be the next Brett Favre or he sucks? He has to play 16 years without injury? I did not think cheese was generally processed with gange, but now I am beginning to wonder....

:D

Cheese is one of the 3 basic food groups

Brats

Cheese

Beer(or is beer first :wacko: )

No you weren't. You stated that in most opinions, Driver was WR1 and Jenning was WR2 going into last year. That was clearly not the case with most Packer fans, as they knew that Jennings was something special after seeing him play in '07, and most FFers - who base their draft picks upon which players will score more points (ie - have more receptions, yardage, and TDs) and chose Jennings over 2 rounds before Driver. I might add that the majority of FFers are not GB fans and still knew enough to place Jennings well ahead of Driver.

You said it.

Ed, seriously, your Packer acumen is in question and it's pretty obvious that you aren't anything more than a casual fan, but instead are a bona fide Favre jock sniffer. The old advice - when you find yourself in a hole, stop digging! - is something you ought to heed.

Just by # of receptions (2007) I put Driver there. I stand corrected, most cheat sheets had Jennings 5-7 places ahead of Driver.

Donald Driver 82 1048 12.8 47 2

Greg Jennings 53 920 17.4 82 12

Casual Fan I can take. :D

Jock Sniffer....that's unnecessary. You must drive a big truck or fancy car since you're obviously trying to overcompensate for lacking something.

:wacko: Maybe you're a charter member of the "TT Wrap-Aaround" club? Don't forget your soap-on-a-rope when TT's washing your back. :D

Edited by Ed Hoyle

Notes from first week of camp

Nick Barnett's twitter

Someone said Nick barnett won't be an everydown linebacker!! FALSE :wacko:

It has been speculated on passing downs AJ Hawk will stay on the field. He hasn't been great(Chillar and even Bishop have been making more plays) maybe it's psychology for Hawk or to get Barnett on the field.

The Green Bay Press-Gazette, is reporting that after a week and a half of practice, James Jones has erased all doubts and looks like a clear-cut favorite to again be the team's all-important third receiver. He regularly has lined up ahead of Jordy Nelson in the "zebra" or three-receiver set and has been catching just about everything thrown his way. "He's having a very good camp," offensive coordinator Joe Philbin said this week. "He's catching the ball well; he's making some plays down the field; he's competing well for the football down the field. Talking to some of our defensive backs, they say his blocking --- you know a guy his size, it's critical in our running game that the receivers do the job down the field --- has been good. So I think in all those categories he's been doing well."

Rotoworld's view: The Packers have the best wide receiver corps in the league, as both James Jones and Jordy Nelson would be starters on different teams. Jones has looked like the best deep threat in practice, but Nelson is great at working underneath routes. Jones may start as the 3rd receiver, but the team could rotate in Nelson depending on what the situation calls for. When the team goes to four WR sets, forget it! Both James and Nelson can abuse nickel and dime cornerbacks.

Rotoworld's view: The Packers have the best wide receiver corps in the league, as both James Jones and Jordy Nelson would be starters on different teams. Jones has looked like the best deep threat in practice, but Nelson is great at working underneath routes. Jones may start as the 3rd receiver, but the team could rotate in Nelson depending on what the situation calls for. When the team goes to four WR sets, forget it! Both James and Nelson can abuse nickel and dime cornerbacks.

That's saying something when Arizona has Boldin, Fitz, and Breaston. Urbhan is an unknown for the most part.

That was an awesome hit.

He's definitely got the ability to make some good things happen.

As for Pirates ignoring my past post, my reference to AZ was not a dig at the Packers. I think they do have the talent when compared to other teams. I never said they didn't. Rotoworld is a decent FF site.

As for Pirates ignoring my past post, my reference to AZ was not a dig at the Packers. I think they do have the talent when compared to other teams. I never said they didn't. Rotoworld is a decent FF site.

I'm guessing people just got tired of your shtick. :wacko: If you annoy everyone with an argument (that was argued very thoroughly a year ago) you aren't going to make many friends and people are going to discount your opinion. So you're a joke right now. We'll see if you can contribute enough for people to change their mind but I'd say you've got a big hole to climb out of. Don't be surprised if it gets worse before it gets better.

I'm guessing people just got tired of your shtick. :wacko: If you annoy everyone with an argument (that was argued very thoroughly a year ago) you aren't going to make many friends and people are going to discount your opinion. So you're a joke right now. We'll see if you can contribute enough for people to change their mind but I'd say you've got a big hole to climb out of. Don't be surprised if it gets worse before it gets better.

I would recommend starting over with a new nickname. Something like Chippy, or Choppy.

Don't go there on this board. Skippy is a legend here. Seriously. Damn, I miss his consensus draft threads...

Crap. No intentional diss there. It was a reference to the 80s show. Seems like every time I open my mouth it gets bigger due to the feet being inserted.

I can totally understand that I've pissed enough people off, and that I do have a big hole do climb out of. Not a great way to start out.

I just feel very strong about the whole mess, as do others in their camp. The thing that got me boiling most is the "Favre Lover or Jock Sniffer" comments. That is a personal attack, and a natural human reaction is to attack back.

Either way, I still feel my opinion of TT and McCarthy has merit...BUT NOT THE WAY I WENT ABOUT IT. I approached it in a very wrong way to start out on the board.

T-Minus 2 days and counting until Pack Pre-Season kickoff.

Crap. No intentional diss there. It was a reference to the 80s show. Seems like every time I open my mouth it gets bigger due to the feet being inserted.

I can totally understand that I've pissed enough people off, and that I do have a big hole do climb out of. Not a great way to start out.

I just feel very strong about the whole mess, as do others in their camp. The thing that got me boiling most is the "Favre Lover or Jock Sniffer" comments. That is a personal attack, and a natural human reaction is to attack back.

Either way, I still feel my opinion of TT and McCarthy has merit...BUT NOT THE WAY I WENT ABOUT IT. I approached it in a very wrong way to start out on the board.

T-Minus 2 days and counting until Pack Pre-Season kickoff.

:wacko:

You know what you do: Say you screwed up - ONCE ONLY - and move forward. Don't apologize, just recognize what happened and move on. If this isn't your typical MO when posting, people will quickly forget - even Packer fans!. Make arguments - we love that here, but back them up and keep personal bias/personal passion out of the equation as much as possible. Yeah, be passionate about defending your point, but not to the point of taking counterarguments personally.

I think you'll do well - you're definitely on the right track. Posting at the Huddle takes a little thicker skin than some other places - it's more locker room mentality than most. But that allows for the best to come out, instead of constantly worrying about being PC or hurting someone's feelings. Good luck!

Impressions of DeShawn Wynn? Word is out that he is having a very good camp.

His performance in the early part of last season indicates the guy has ALL the talent you'd want. The problem was his heart and/or head.

It looks like he's gotten a little maturity. And that could win him the starting job when all is said and done.

His performance in the early part of last season indicates the guy has ALL the talent you'd want. The problem was his heart and/or head.

It looks like he's gotten a little maturity. And that could win him the starting job when all is said and done.

He was on the practice squad for the early part of last season. :wacko: