[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Colston for Jennings

BobSlydell

I dunno...I have these two ranked right in the same ballpark....

it's like trading Fitz for AJ....it depends on your gut...

I'd take either one as I think they are interchangeable...

I agree. Coin flip.

I agree. Coin flip.

It is a coin flip. Go with your gut. A good argument can be made for either guy. I think due to the offenses involved Colston has the higher upside and sadly the most risk due to recent missed games from injury.

If you run the #s for the 3 yrs they've been in the league they are close.

Jennings 43 games 178 catches 2844yds 24 tds

Colston 41 games 215 catches 3000yds 24 tds

So it comes down to a preference and a strong belief in modern medicine.

If you're a lucky gambler then roll with Colston.

If you have average luck go with Jennings.

So when your playing your fantasy playoff games in weeks 14-17 whenever they are you wouldn't rather have a WR in a doom over a WR playing in the cold snow winter ? it is not a factor ? Really ? Just ask people who had Brady, Moss and Welker in 2007 about wheather not being a factor. They dominated their league then boom they get hammered in a snow storm in a playoff week and score like nothing and you could have gone 14-0 in regular season and it would meant nothing cause ur out in the playoffs.

So when your playing your fantasy playoff games in weeks 14-17 whenever they are you wouldn't rather have a WR in a doom over a WR playing in the cold snow winter ? it is not a factor ? Really ? Just ask people who had Brady, Moss and Welker in 2007 about wheather not being a factor. They dominated their league then boom they get hammered in a snow storm in a playoff week and score like nothing and you could have gone 14-0 in regular season and it would meant nothing cause ur out in the playoffs.

So you would draft Colston over Brady/Moss/Welker as well?

Point is, there is TOOOOO much wealth to spread around in NO's. Jennings is the go to WR. Driver is almost phased out and Grant is not what you would call a great receiving RB. Jermichael Finley is the only other person off the top of my head that will threaten any looks for Jennings. Can you say the same about NO's?

Didn't you say..."Draft the best players and they will score the most points". Unless of course you think Colston is a better WR than Jennings. :wacko:

Point is, there is TOOOOO much wealth to spread around in NO's. Jennings is the go to WR. Driver is almost phased out and Grant is not what you would call a great receiving RB. Jermichael Finley is the only other person off the top of my head that will threaten any looks for Jennings. Can you say the same about NO's?

Didn't you say..."Draft the best players and they will score the most points". Unless of course you think Colston is a better WR than Jennings. :wacko:

Jennings...

EXCEPT, if Jennings is the only option, he may see more double coverage than Colston will.

EXCEPT, if Jennings is the only option, he may see more double coverage than Colston will.

True...but let us also not forget the injury history with Colston. A leg injury playing in all those artificial turf domes? Nah..I'll pass.

Driver will be there and James Jones is playing well, Finley has been impressing in camp. There will be many options in this offense.

Every person I know would draft Colston before Welker. Also if you happen to think the 2 WR's are relatively even , using one playing in a dome vs one outside in bad weather is a valid reason. Now you may enjoy dumping on Mr Muto ( we all do) but in this case I don't see a problem with his thinking. JMHO

Well, Jennings IS the go-to guy but Driver is still a solid contributor who will make teams pay if they don't account for him. There is solid depth there as well with 3rd-yr guy James Jones (who drops too many) and 2nd-yr man Jordy Nelson.

But there isn't any other explosive threat at TE or RB - D Lee and 3rd down back B Jackson are competent receiving threats but not super-explosive (or perhaps even regular-explosive in Lee's case). Finley is a VERY intriguing prospect but so far he hasn't proven it in the regular season (not a knock, it's only his 2nd yr).

GB's pass receivers as a whole (WR + TE + RB) are certainly a notch below NO's but it isn't as if there are NO other options besides Jennings there.