[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

D.C. Huddlers (and those with knowledge)

Furd

If you'd like to try an interesting and delicious food experience, try Jose Andres' Jaleo. Fantastic mix of traditional and modern tapas. Order 2-3 different tapas per person with a pitcher of sangria and you'll have a memorable and pretty affordable meal. Everything they serve is amazing, but the only thing I would say is MANDATORY is the fried dates wrapped in bacon. F'n Outstanding.

I'll be visiting our nation's capital from Oct 8-11. Is there anything in particular going on in those parts at that time. Do you have any recommendations for things to do off the beaten path? Etc.

TIA

Here's the event guide from the Washinton Post showing what's going on Oct 10. You can use it to check out the other days you'll be here.

If restaurants are your thing there are several I'd recommend and several I'll tell you to stay away from. If clubs are your thing it all depends on the music and scene you like. There's everything from The Bohemian Caverns (place is done up like a cave, jazz greats from the 50s and 60s made it THE jazz place to be) to the 930 Club with some dance clubs in between.

If you want to rub shoulders with the politicos there are several bars you may want to go to but they are notoriously standoffish to the common rabble.

Of course, there's always The Kennedy Center if you want to take Mrs Furd out for a special treat. Dinner on the roof overlooking the Potomac, Georgetown and the Watergate Building plus a show afterwards is quite nice. If you have rug rats with you, stick to the museums, they're free and you won't run out of them.

If you have anything specific you're looking for, let me know and I'll see what I can dig up.

If you'd like to try an interesting and delicious food experience, try Jose Andres' Jaleo. Fantastic mix of traditional and modern tapas. Order 2-3 different tapas per person with a pitcher of sangria and you'll have a memorable and pretty affordable meal. Everything they serve is amazing, but the only thing I would say is MANDATORY is the fried dates wrapped in bacon. F'n Outstanding.

Jaleo is quite fun and the food is excellent.

I'll be leaving for DC early tomorrow morning and be spending the weekend there. I've already seen all the sights. Is there anything interesting going on this weekend?

AFAIK the only special thing this weekend is the kickoff of the NFL.

Furd and Perch, I know the restaurant scene well. I haven't heard of any interesting events in particular this weekend, check the washington post weekend section online to see what floats your boat.

If you like political comedy, The Capitol Steps is usually funny although you might find it corny.

Jaleo is really good at that price point...you can't go wrong. If you are willing to go higher, there are some darn interesting restaurants here.

I know that you're anxiously awaiting for an update.

We're staying at the Hotel Palomar - Arlington.

I have tickets to the Capitals - Rangers game on Oct. 8

I am going to book reservations at Citronelle (if available) Friday the 9th or Saturday the 10th (depending on what else I can put together). Any suggestions for either night are appreciated.

Lastly, if any of you homos in the area (except Timmayyyy) are available for a drink, I'm buying.

EDIT: We have reservations at Citronelle for 9:00 pm on the 9th. We are seeing the National Symphony Orcestra on Saturday.

The dance card is getting full.

Edited by Furd