[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Interview of Ellis Lanksder, Bills' 7th round- CB

irish

Watching this was just flat-out painful for me, especially because I deal with kids with difficulties everyday.

http://www.evilchili.com/videos/31470/Hila...Football_Player

I didn't think it was hilarious, rather I was actually embarrassed for Ellis and felt uncomfortable watching the video at first.

ETA- Sorry if this was posted and seen before. If it was, I'm sure you'll be able to go on with your day without a problem.

Edited by irish

Not sure why you'd post it given your comments.

But whatever, the kid was nervous and obviously has a speech problem. Doesn't have anything to do with intelligence, before that group shows up.

He made the team too, so good for him.

All I got to say about that is like um, like um, like um, like um, like um, like um, like um, like um, like um, like um, like um, like um, like um, like um, like um, like um, like um, like um, like um, like um, like um retarted.

Too late. I love strawberry retarts.

Not sure why you'd post it given your comments.

But whatever, the kid was nervous and obviously has a speech problem. Doesn't have anything to do with intelligence, before that group shows up.

He made the team too, so good for him.

Agreed...why post this? You know there are those in here who will take shots at the poor kid. If it was painful for you to watch the video, how painful will it be for you to read what others will write in here...all because you started this thread?

Agreed...why post this? You know there are those in here who will take shots at the poor kid. If it was painful for you to watch the video, how painful will it be for you to read what others will write in here...all because you started this thread?

Agreed. This guy seems nice and excited to play in the league but obviously has a speech impediment.

I remember watching one of Neil Smith's first interviews here in KC, and he was really, really bad.

But to his credit, he worked at it, and didn't shy away from it. And to this day, he is still in KC and goes on the radio and TV and talks football and business interests.

Major kudos to him for sticking to it and improving.

And FWIW, that kid clearly was nervous but stood up there like a man and answered the questions. Nothing funny about that at all. As a matter of fact, props to him for doing the interview. I'm sure he could have told his PR man he didn't feel comfortable in that setting.

Edited by Chief Dick

I think Irish was just trying to make a statement and possibly start conversation about how sad the level of social skills and intelligence are in the league right now.

...and if that's the case, then yes Irish - I agree.

Exactly, conversational piece and I posted it to see what you guys thought as one of the guys in one of my others leagues sent this to me and his thoughts were that he couldn't stop laughing. I couldn't see how that was his legit response as I found nothing about the interview funny. I felt bad for the guy and wanted to see if any of you thought is was funny or felt as I did, especially considering some of the mixed personailties we have here.

I remember watching one of Neil Smith's first interviews here in KC, and he was really, really bad.

But to his credit, he worked at it, and didn't shy away from it. And to this day, he is still in KC and goes on the radio and TV and talks football and business interests.

Major kudos to him for sticking to it and improving.

And FWIW, that kid clearly was nervous but stood up there like a man and answered the questions. Nothing funny about that at all. As a matter of fact, props to him for doing the interview. I'm sure he could have told his PR man he didn't feel comfortable in that setting.

Agreed 100% and as much as it was painful to watch, I envisioned some of the kids I teach becoming successful in some aspect in their lives and having to give a presentation or go on an interview or in some forum have to speak and my heart went out to this player for standing up there and fielding those questions.

I hope those of you who questioned my intent understand better now.

Edited by irish