[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

OAK/SD

kpholmes

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I agree that is the way it is called in the playing field, but in the end zone has always been treated differently, because there is no continuation of the play.

Not anymore, for the last couple of years you must maintain possession if you decide to leave your feet to make a catch you must maintain possession to the ground and through the continuation of the play. To reference your earlier point about standing up while catching the ball and having a defender knock it out of the hands once the receiver maintains possession is ruled a TD because he has control of the ball and is clearly not going to fumble it on the ground, because he's already standing. Possession has always been established if you stay on your feet, not if your in the air. DIdnt say I liked the rule its just the way it is.

Possession is not just two feet down any longer. You must maintain possession of the ball after you hit the ground as, unless you make, what is considered a footballl move. In the Pats Game Watson clearly tucked the ball to his chest, which determined possession and the ball didnt shift when he hit the ground. Murphy caught the ball but when he landed the ball shifted and hit the ground in the process before he retained complete control of the football therefore its a no catch.

the football move is no longer a requirement either. just must maintain posession of ball after the catch.

OMG, unbelievable...my DVR rebooted so I waited and turn it back on...then it did it again so I waited and turn it back on...did this a total of 5 times in like 10 mins...now there is a wonderful message on my screen saying

Welcomem to On Demand

We are currently performing system upgrades in the area of

NEWPORT NEWS

If you lin in Newport News and experience an error,

please try again in a short while.

Thank you for your patience.

Press SELECT to continue.

Press SELECT and I get the same damn message :D

edit: and now when I press select I can watch On Demand previews and probably order stuff but get the same message when I try to exit to tv :wacko:

Edited by keggerz

OMG, unbelievable...my DVR rebooted so I waited and turn it back on...then it did it again so I waited and turn it back on...did this a total of 5 times in like 10 mins...now there is a wonderful message on my screen saying

Press SELECT and I get the same damn message :wacko:

We'll do a play by play for you.