[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Are the Packers Finished?

Mr Hammock

Funny and No.

The team would have been thinking about itself if it would have kept Favre. Why? Because the fans are who, in the end, determine success. They are either on board or they are not. You must take care of the fans and the Packers did not take care of anyone, even the team. It's a Tri-pisser.

This keeps getting better. :wacko:

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fortunately you don't actually run a pro football franchise. Yours would consist of 38+ year old players because you would feel that they "earned" the right to call their shots.

Not at all. However when they have more yards passing than any QB in history and they accomplished that all on the same team, I think tact is very important. They showed none.

For everyone else they have to stay viable and that means looking toward the future. Rodgers is that future because Favre f'ed it up for himself. According to you teams are supposed to forgo their future in order to satisfy one man. There will NEVER be any way to know how Favre would have done had he NOT decided to retire x number of times. All you can do is speculate. For the rest of us, we look at recent history and that clearly suggests Favre was on the downside of his career. So how can you fault GB for drafting for the future? The ViQueens are certainly a good fit for him because all they need is a QB to hand the ball off to AP. They are a running team. When you have a team that likes to air it out AND run it then Favre simply cannot do that anymore. The Packers are that type of team. He throws way too many ints. The INT he threw in the playoff game against the Giants 2 years ago was the nail in the coffin. Except for that season, he had not been doing it for years prior. He looked old and out of gas, exactly how he has looked every year since then and probably 2 years before that. Most superstars alway go out bad because their egos simply will not allow them to realize the end is upon them.

You cannot trash the GB organization without trashing Favre as well. You see NO fault whatsoever in what he did by stringing GB along but are the first to jump at someone's throat for suggesting it. I say you need to step back and re-evaluate you outlook as you clearly, CLEARLY, cannot separate fact from fiction.

Go back and read my posts on this. I have repeated myself many times to answer these questions.

Especially read where I talked about - What if the Packers did go 3-13 with Favre in 2008. Would it have been a bad thing? Not at all.

Edited by Mr Hammock

How many times "Can" we post it? Well, until the Packer Fans who hate Favre will admit that TT was just as wrong in the situation.

Favre should be blamed, as should TT, it was a circus from the get-go. Plus, we'd most likely quit posting once people quit bashing anyone who questions TT or MM.

But, no one will do that now will they?

Hoyle - question for you...

Would you cheat on Hammock if Favre called you and wanted to make out?

Hammock - would you cheat on Hoyle if Favre called you and wanted to make out?

Hoyle - question for you...

Would you cheat on Hammock if Favre called you and wanted to make out?

Hammock - would you cheat on Hoyle if Favre called you and wanted to make out?

This is a lame response from a blind TT and MM disciple. How old are you GBPFan? Probably not too intelligent either.

No attempt at answering questions, but to bash people.

It will be something to see when GB goes down in flames. Who will you bash then?

Now that you're sober, care to name a place and get your ..... kicked??

This is a lame response from a blind TT and MM disciple. How old are you GBPFan? Probably not too intelligent either.

It will be something to see when GB goes down in flames. Who will you bash then?

Don't fall victim to that stuff. That's what a few of them want. A few of them call us the trolls but they are actually the troll who brings no substance to the debate. Let it go and speak your case.

While our opinions are different, because we are in "some" agreement, some will think we are in complete agreement just to make their case. Concentrate on members like electricrelish,. He/she seems to want to debate the right way.

Edited by Mr Hammock

39 years old. Financial controller for three businesses - graduated UWM with a major in accounting with a 3.4 GPA.

Come on man take it easy. I did not really think you would cheat on Hammock.

I'm thinking they will do it as long as they keep getting Packer fans to respond.

A lot of Packer fans say that they've moved on, but I don't believe them. Moved on to what? A losing record? Say goodbye to cheese heads, and hello to a cheesy mustache. Of course, PON is the exception. Rodger's mustache made him completely forget Favre.

Let's get to the crux of the wound here. Packer fans are heartbroken. Yes, Favre didn't always do the right thing in the relationship, so Ted Thompson did what he thought was best. He had no choice, right? You can tell all of us over and over about all the wrongs and frustrations Favre put you through, but who are you really trying to convince? It sure doesn't help that Favre is still playing and winning. Oh yes, that's what he did so well. He won and that made you fall in love with him in the first place. Favre won, and now he's winning with another team.

Like a jilted lover, you've sworn that Favre is now the enemy. You have convinced yourselves that Ted Thompson did the right thing. The question is why does it feel so bad? Why does it feel so wrong? This October 5th and November 1st, some of you won't be able to help but root for #4 because deep down, Packer fans still love Favre, no matter what wrongs he did. No one loves Ted Thompson.

Face it, you're all Favre nuthuggers!

A lot of Packer fans say that they've moved on, but I don't believe them. Moved on to what? A losing record? Say goodbye to cheese heads, and hello to a cheesy mustache. Of course, PON is the exception. Rodger's mustache made him completely forget Favre.

Let's get to the crux of the wound here. Packer fans are heartbroken. Yes, Favre didn't always do the right thing in the relationship, so Ted Thompson did what he thought was best. He had no choice, right? You can tell all of us over and over about all the wrongs and frustrations Favre put you through, but who are you really trying to convince? It sure doesn't help that Favre is still playing and winning. Oh yes, that's what he did so well. He won and that made you fall in love with him in the first place. Favre won, and now he's winning with another team.

Like a jilted lover, you've sworn that Favre is now the enemy. You have convinced yourselves that Ted Thompson did the right thing. The question is why does it feel so bad? Why does it feel so wrong? This October 5th and November 1st, some of you won't be able to help but root for #4 because deep down, Packer fans still love Favre, no matter what wrongs he did. No one loves Ted Thompson.

I like the post. Funny, creative, and to the point.

+1

For the record, I am no Favre nuthugger. I just like to be on the side that is right.

This is where you are wrong. We were all and are somewhat still Favre fans. I believe true football fans and Packer fans are smart enough to see that Favre NOT being a Packer last year and this year are good for the Packer organization. I really can't see how keeping him these past two years would have benefited the organization.

Will I cheer Favre if he retires as a Packer? Yes - Will he always be a hall of fame Packer? Yes Should the Packers retire his number? Absolutley Yes. Do I cheer for him to win as a Viking? No why would any Packer fan????

Did TT do anything wrong letting Favre go? Absolutely NO!!!

These boards have a lot of very educated football fans and I would bet money that a high majority of them think that the Packers made the right move - take emotions out of it and I think they made the right move.

It's pretty clear to me what the right side is. The right side is to take care of the fans. The Packers allowing Favre to play on another team is a disgrace to the Packer fans and the entire league.

In your opinion. In my opinion your entire argument is flawed. Does that make me right? Absolutely Not. The problem here is we are not discussing solid facts but instead an ethical delimma (How the Packers handled Favre). It is impossible for either side to be right in a situation like this but your ego won't let you accept that in turn making you look like a fool.

Now if you want to go back to the Packers being finished this year we are all going to have to wait and see.

Never been a Favre or Packers fan.

Edited by drewjh

It's pretty clear to me what the right side is. The right side is to take care of the fans. The Packers allowing Favre to play on another team is a disgrace to the Packer fans and the entire league.

From now on all home games are free because that is what the fans want.

Packers now introduce a new lottery - every year 7 lucky fans get drawn at random and the first lucky fan gets to draft the Packer's 1st round picks and the 2nd lucky fan gets the 2nd round and so on - that is what the fans want.

There will be a internet poll and the highest vote getter will automatically become the next GM of the Packers. Fans would love that.

This is where you are wrong. We were all and are somewhat still Favre fans. I believe true football fans and Packer fans are smart enough to see that Favre NOT being a Packer last year and this year are good for the Packer organization. I really can't see how keeping him these past two years would have benefited the organization.

Will I cheer Favre if he retires as a Packer? Yes - Will he always be a hall of fame Packer? Yes Should the Packers retire his number? Absolutley Yes. Do I cheer for him to win as a Viking? No why would any Packer fan????

Did TT do anything wrong letting Favre go? Absolutely NO!!!

These boards have a lot of very educated football fans and I would bet money that a high majority of them think that the Packers made the right move - take emotions out of it and I think they made the right move.

When you first heard that Favre wanted to come back to Green Bay, how did you feel about it? Did you want him to come back at that time, and then when you knew it wasn't going to happen, did you go through a period of anger, and then denial? Were you one of those guys that we kept seeing outside the stadium and at other Packer events, yellling, "Bring him back!"

I think it was good for the NFL to let Favre branch out to some other markets. His jersey sold well in NY and sells well in Minnesota.

Edited by electricrelish

When you first heard that Favre wanted to come back to Green Bay, how did you feel about it? Did you want him to come back at that time, and then when you knew it wasn't going to happen, did you go through a period of anger, and then denial? Were you one of those guys that we kept seeing outside the stadium and at other Packer events, yellling, "Bring him back!"

I think it was good for the NFL to let Favre branch out to some other markets. His jersey sold well in NY and sells well in Minnesota.

No to all of the above. I did not want him back. He was great but I thought his time was done and it was time to see what Rodgers had.

No to all of the above. I did not want him back. He was great but I thought his time was done and it was time to see what Rodgers had.

Curious, why is your avatar "A**hole 4"? If you did not want him back, thought he was great, thought his time was done and wanted to see what Rodgers had what's up with the avatar?

I'll tell you what Rodgers has. He has smokin' hawt Julie Henderson. Nuff said.

P.S. She's also a Favre nuthugger.

Curious, why is your avatar "A**hole 4"? If you did not want him back, thought he was great, thought his time was done and wanted to see what Rodgers had what's up with the avatar?

Avatar is a result of a PM I got from a different Packer fan trying to get a bunch of people to have the same Avi's. I think he was very wrong for what he has pulled the last few years but yu can't argue that he was a great QB and will always be a Packer player and hopefully in many many years he will retire as a Packer.

Avatar is a result of a PM I got from a different Packer fan trying to get a bunch of people to have the same Avi's. I think he was very wrong for what he has pulled the last few years but yu can't argue that he was a great QB and will always be a Packer player and hopefully in many many years he will retire as a Packer.

I think both parties were in the wrong but the fact remains he was a great player, maybe the greatest, that the Packers have ever had. Hopefully when the GB/MIN game takes place in a couple of weeks he is cheered entering Lambeau and booed throughout the game. That just seems right!

I think both parties were in the wrong but the fact remains he was a great player, maybe the greatest, that the Packers have ever had. Hopefully when the GB/MIN game takes place in a couple of weeks he is cheered entering Lambeau and booed throughout the game. That just seems right!

The game in 2 weeks is in Minnesota. The game in Green Bay is a month after that.

:wacko: And you have railed on Favre in the past.