[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Are the Packers Finished?

Mr Hammock

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Love your optimism. Too bad you need a reality check. It's going to suck when reality does finally set in.

outside of a couple bad games, I don't see anything not to like

they've a great group of wides and a young promising tight end who is able to stretch the field.

Finnley is gravy because they still have Donald Lee who is a guy they were successful with last year.

I like the defense. I just think that folk need to gel. I love Clay Matthews.

I think Rogers is the real deal and don't see how Grant hurts the team.

They could just as easily be 2-0 That's a flawed thought process.

Flawed?

They had very little chance of winning in the last minute this week. They had a chance to tie at best. You are assuming quite a bit to think they'd have tied it and then won.

Last week was lucky. If it hadn't been for Cutler's 4 INT's the Pack probably would not have pulled it out.

outside of a couple bad games, I don't see anything not to like

they've a great group of wides and a young promising tight end who is able to stretch the field.

Finnley is gravy because they still have Donald Lee who is a guy they were successful with last year.

I like the defense. I just think that folk need to gel. I love Clay Matthews.

I think Rogers is the real deal and don't see how Grant hurts the team.

I think the whole team is flawed and they need to just admit their mistake with Favre, clean house at the end of the year, and start over. Sure they will have a few miserable seasons but it happens to every team, especially after they run a legend out of town.

I think the whole team is flawed and they need to just admit their mistake with Favre, clean house at the end of the year, and start over. Sure they will have a few miserable seasons but it happens to every team, especially after they run a legend out of town.

Can I assume that this is your schtick because I don't get it otherwise and I figure Madden would have meatier fingers and more fumbled typing

Flawed?

They had very little chance of winning in the last minute this week. They had a chance to tie at best. You are assuming quite a bit to think they'd have tied it and then won.

Last week was lucky. If it hadn't been for Cutler's 4 INT's the Pack probably would not have pulled it out.

Ok, so if the packers were lucky that Cutler threw 4 picks last week, then the Bengals are lucky that Odom had 5 sacks. :wacko:

back on ignore for you.

Call me all the names you want but it wont change the Packers season. How many wins do you think the Packers get this year? I say 3 or 4. How bad will Detroit beat them in the one they split?

You're hatred for the Packers taints all of your posts, that's why mostly noone believes or agrees with you. You're not using logic to dictate your thought process. The Pack have much to work on but I don't think they are nearly as bad as you are making them out to be.

Can I assume that this is your schtick because I don't get it otherwise and I figure Madden would have meatier fingers and more fumbled typing

I am not a big Favre fan. No one can deny that running him out of town has not worked out for the Packers. They had a great QB who took them to 2 Superbowls and won one of them. How many NFL teams right now would have loved to have Favre on their team for all those years? I doubt even Jerry Jones would have had the bronze balls to run Favre out of Dallas. The Packers organization made a BIG mistake and they will pay the price for a long time for it. Now Favre will beat them twice this year which will just be the icing on the cake. What a bone head move by a bone headed organization.

You're hatred for the Packers taints all of your posts, that's why mostly noone believes or agrees with you. You're not using logic to dictate your thought process. The Pack have much to work on but I don't think they are nearly as bad as you are making them out to be.

I don't hate the Packers. They just screwed up royally and now all of their fans will pay the price. It would suck to be a Packer fan right now.

You have chosen to ignore all posts from: Mr Hammock.

· View this post

· Squeeze me a little harder Mr Hammock

I am sorry that I hurt your feelings. But now that you have me on ignore, I won't have to worry about speaking my mind. I really do feel sorry for Packer fans and if you're a Packer fan too then that goes for you as well.

I don't hate the Packers. They just screwed up royally and now all of their fans will pay the price. It would suck to be a Packer fan right now.

You CLEARLY do hate the Packers as your posts indicate as such. Anyone reading them can see the venom you are spewing because:

1) You have a hard-on for Favre

2) Hate TT because of #1

3) Hate MM because of #1

4) Continue to live in the past because of #1

I hope this makes things much more clear for you. If not, see #1.

I read a story in the paper - true story.

A woman saw a bear in her backyard in an outlying suburb of Denver - just a little black bear, mind you. Decided that the bear looked cute and threw some leftover scraps out for it. This went on a couple of times for the next week.

Much to her dismay, it kept coming back night after night after that first week, getting more bold. It seems that even though the human was allegedly smarter, the bear controlled the situation once it figured out where it could get a regular meal...

Moral of the story: A dumb animal - even though it may appear cute at first - can become a tremedous nuisance if you continue to feed it.

I read a story in the paper - true story.

A woman saw a bear in her backyard in an outlying suburb of Denver - just a little black bear, mind you. Decided that the bear looked cute and threw some leftover scraps out for it. This went on a couple of times for the next week.

Much to her dismay, it kept coming back night after night after that first week, getting more bold. It seems that even though the human was allegedly smarter, the bear controlled the situation once it figured out where it could get a regular meal...

Moral of the story: A dumb animal - even though it may appear cute at first - can become a tremedous nuisance if you continue to feed it.

Well played, sir. Check and mate.

You CLEARLY do hate the Packers as your posts indicate as such. Anyone reading them can see the venom you are spewing because:

1) You have a hard-on for Favre

2) Hate TT because of #1

3) Hate MM because of #1

4) Continue to live in the past because of #1

I hope this makes things much more clear for you. If not, see #1.

Nope. I have never been a Packer fan or a Favre fan. I do appreciate what he has brought to the game. It was very foolish for the Packers not to show that same appreciation. How can a team do that to a QB? What would people think if the Patriots did that to Brady, The Colts did that to Peyton, The Steelers to Big Ben, etc... Sooner or later all of the great QB's will need to move on from the game, but I think when you are talking about a legendary QB for your organization then you have to handle it a hell of a lot better than Green Bay did with Favre. they screwed up.

So. He kept them competitive even in his last season. Answer this question - Would they be better right now, with Favre or with Rodgers?

You just don't spit on a Hall of Fame QB like they did. They are getting what they deserve.

He refused to mentor Rogers.

He held Green Bay hostage for years.

He retired. Green Bay moved on - as they would need to to be a successful team.

Favre wants to unretire but Green Bay will not hand him the starting job. This does not make Brett happy.

Green Bay even goes so far as offering him money to stay retired - what more should they have done?

Brett Favre stopped being good for the team when he retired and expeted to be handed his job back when he unretired.