[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

time to downgrade SS and Deangelo?

rai

Delhomme is a turnover machine.

I referred to him as Jake Delintercepcihomme in the week 3 IDP Game Breakdowns.

as far as Smitty's downside I would say 80ish catches and around 1000 yards since he put up 87/1002 with Vinny/Carr and someone else whose name escapes me a couple years ago when Jake got hurt.

I'm gonna have to dig up that thread about Steve Smith in the off-season. He's always drafted too high.

I drafted SS high in 07

05 when he had 103 catches 1500 yards and 12 TDs that's his high water mark and what people are dreaming of.

06 comes along and he has 83 catches 1100 yards and 8 TDs not bad but 50% less but he missed 2 games so not too bad I guess

so I draft him high in 07 and he does OK 87 catches 1000 yards 9 TDs but here are some of his games in 07

week 3---- 1 catch for 10 yards

week 4---- 4 catches for 32 yards

week 8---- 2 catches for 18 yards (I'm not making this stuff up)

week 9---- 3 catches for 15 yards

week 11 -- DNP

so there we have Steve Smith a 'top-10' WR who has 5 games with a total of 10 catches and 75 yards and we are forced to start him because ASYS he has some big weeks but also some weeks you want to kill him.

but I will never pick him again.

Edited by rai

with Vinny/Carr and someone else whose name escapes me a couple years ago when Jake got hurt.

that would be the great Matt Moore

Delhome, Carr, Moore and Vinnie (44 years old) all started at least 3 games that year

Delhome has lost his confidence.. the offense is going nowhere with him in there and they have nobody to turn to.

Turn out lights on CAR and drastically lower your expectations for CAR players.

I see the 08 Clevland Brown syndrome all over this team

I drafted SS high in 07

05 when he had 103 catches 1500 yards and 12 TDs that's his high water mark and what people are dreaming of.

06 comes along and he has 83 catches 1100 yards and 8 TDs not bad but 50% less but he missed 2 games so not too bad I guess

so I draft him high in 07 and he does OK 87 catches 1000 yards 9 TDs but here are some of his games in 07

week 11 -- DNP

so there we have Steve Smith a 'top-10' WR who has 5 games with a total of 10 catches and 75 yards and we are forced to start him because ASYS he has some big weeks but also some weeks you want to kill him.

Good analysis, but it seems that every WR outside of Fitz is pretty eratic. Maybe not that bad, but when a player only touches the ball 5-10 times a game that's always a risk. Which is why I've never bought into the draft WR high mentality. I certainly could be wrong but I'd much rather draft a player who's going to touch the ball 15+ times a game (typically a RB). Just more opportunity.

Good analysis, but it seems that every WR outside of Fitz is pretty eratic. Maybe not that bad, but when a player only touches the ball 5-10 times a game that's always a risk. Which is why I've never bought into the draft WR high mentality. I certainly could be wrong but I'd much rather draft a player who's going to touch the ball 15+ times a game (typically a RB). Just more opportunity.

He posts to the guy who drafted these guys in the 1st round the past 3 years:

2006 - Ronnie Brown

2007 - Rudi Johnson

2008 - Joseph Addai

2009 - Matt Forte

IMO, ALL the 1st round targets tend to be more miss than hit. If you can't get a guy like Adrian Peterson this year or LT in recent stud years, you're taking a total crap shoot. I've missed way too often.

I drafted SS high in 07

week 11 -- DNP

look at who was throwing him the ball in those games.

He posts to the guy who drafted these guys in the 1st round the past 3 years:

2006 - Ronnie Brown

2007 - Rudi Johnson

2008 - Joseph Addai

2009 - Matt Forte

IMO, ALL the 1st round targets tend to be more miss than hit. If you can't get a guy like Adrian Peterson this year or LT in recent stud years, you're taking a total crap shoot. I've missed way too often.

I completely disagree with this. I believe Brown got hurt that year. Johnson was a player a never bought into except in Cinci. Addia, well I really liked him last year so I can see why you would be frustrated with that, and Forte is the same for me this year. (although I don't own him)

This year, MJD, Chris Johnson, are a few that seemed to be 1st round locks that have produced. There are always going to be misses in any draft, my point was that WR tend to be at the top of the disappointment list.

Well, I can say with utmost confidence that Steve Smith has a lot more catches and yards through Week 3 this year than than he did through Week 3 last year. And he averaged over 100 yards per game last year. And since one Steve Smith was good, I figured drafting two Steve Smiths (NYG) would be even better! So far, I'm pretty happy with that decision, and with how well I seem to be deluding myself. :wacko:

Edited by yo mama

I just did a draft last night and took Steve Smith in the middle of the 3rd round. That was just too much potential to pass up at that point.

I went WR/WR/WR to start my draft.

I went Moss / Boldin / Steve Smith (Car)

The NYG Steve Smith was actually drafted a few picks before I took the Carolina one

I have Smith in a dynasty league since I drafted him as a rookie so I guess I am kinda biased as I still believe in him but I tell you Carolina is just stupid for not getting another solid QB or drafting one for the future because he has been terrible ever since his injury for the most part especially that playoff game should have been an eye opener but what does Carolina do not only don't get anyone else they sign him to an extension. Inconcivable!

It sure is frustrating to watch Delhomme.