[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chicago coaching

Ursa Majoris

Their bye week was well spent getting ready for one quarter of football. Nice.

12 men on the field at a set piece is a disgrace.

There is so much wrong, I don't know where to start. Ball handling, tackling, rushing, O-line......

This team is pathetic. Mistakes are made by this team more than any other I've seen this year. Bad football.

Exactly. They are sloppy and that comes from coaching. Lovie looks as vacant as the moran who used to coach the Timberwolves, Randy Wittman.

I have some serious man love for Cutler....serious.

Not to. :wacko:, but as a Seattle fan who watched our horrendous JV team almost beat you guys, Chicago is in that mediocre phase of 75% of the NFL teams. Better than Cleveland, but just as good as everyone else that isn't very good.

What Orton is doing in Denver shows you what Turner is: a joke. Sad game to watch. This offense has some play makers. That said, that line is weak sauce. Pace might be nearing the end, very sad. Cutler did what he could, the guy is mad good.

Starting to think Lovie is a mediocre coach at best....just took me longer to see that.

The procedural stuff was terrible. If there are 12 men on the field for punt coverage, doesn't one of the players realize he doesn't have a position to line up in because the dance card is full?

A false start on 4th&1 inside the ATL 10 yard line is inexusable.

The line is bad (and being a Seahawk fan, I know a bad OL when I see one.), but Forte just looks slow. He looks less and less like a Player and more like just a guy who put up numbers last year because he got the ball 379 times. If CHI can't find a running game before winter moves into Illinois, they're toast.

What Orton is doing in Denver shows you what Turner is: a joke. Sad game to watch. This offense has some play makers. That said, that line is weak sauce. Pace might be nearing the end, very sad. Cutler did what he could, the guy is mad good.

Starting to think Lovie is a mediocre coach at best....just took me longer to see that.

I have to strongly disagree with your last statement. Think of all the years the Bears have had mediocre talent at best on offense and the early major injuries on D annually, but yet they stay competitive and play hard, winning games on special teams ect. If anyone should go it's Angelo, because I feel the teams he's putting out there are mediocre at best, and major holes in talent are not being addressed or addressed incorrectly. Now they're not playing as well in areas that they were very good at while doing nothing to deal with the same problems they're having in the prior years. If you take away Lovie, you know what you got? Dick Jauron's Bears.

I have to strongly disagree with your last statement. Think of all the years the Bears have had mediocre talent at best on offense and the early major injuries on D annually, but yet they stay competitive and play hard, winning games on special teams ect. If anyone should go it's Angelo, because I feel the teams he's putting out there are mediocre at best, and major holes in talent are not being addressed or addressed incorrectly. Now they're not playing as well in areas that they were very good at while doing nothing to deal with the same problems they're having in the prior years. If you take away Lovie, you know what you got? Dick Jauron's Bears.

You're so flat out wrong, it's difficult to know where to start. Who were DIck Jauron's Bears? Jim Miller, Anthony Thomas and Marty Booker. If you don't think the talent on this team is better than that...

The Problem, for years, has been Ron Turner. They have talent on O, and I frankly think him making the 2006 Super Bowl was a blind squirrel moment that was aided by Hester's rookie year.

I didn't see much of the game tonight, so lacking details, but the fact is they were a few yards from taking a very good team into overtime in their own house. I'm not throwing in the towel - since we have a while to get ready for 2 games against the Vikes, but it sounds more like the same ol Tuner Issue. I don't think lovie is the problem, especially since he's taken over the D. That part of the tea is playing pretty stiff, all things considered.

I've had the chance to catch both these teams in a couple games this year so far. I don't know that its so much the Bears looking bad as the Falcons looking really good right now. They came out of the bye playing at a higher level. Bears need to fix the run game and the rest will look a whole lot better.

You're so flat out wrong, it's difficult to know where to start. Who were DIck Jauron's Bears? Jim Miller, Anthony Thomas and Marty Booker. If you don't think the talent on this team is better than that...

The Problem, for years, has been Ron Turner. They have talent on O, and I frankly think him making the 2006 Super Bowl was a blind squirrel moment that was aided by Hester's rookie year.

I didn't see much of the game tonight, so lacking details, but the fact is they were a few yards from taking a very good team into overtime in their own house. I'm not throwing in the towel - since we have a while to get ready for 2 games against the Vikes, but it sounds more like the same ol Tuner Issue. I don't think lovie is the problem, especially since he's taken over the D. That part of the tea is playing pretty stiff, all things considered.

:wacko: Well said Pope. They had no problem canning Rivera prematurely. Not sure why the same isn't being done with Turner, justifiably.

Defense is playing well, specifically defensive line. They were pushing the Falcons offensive line back every play. That said, this team has talent and it starts with coaching, plain and simple.

Edited by Goopster24

Completely agree with the Turner assessments here. All that talent and the plays that are dialed up are very limited in scope and imagination. That last play to Dez Clark was illustrative of the theme. Cutler wasn't looking for anyone else on that play. So on a 4th and 6 with the game on the line, the primary target appeared to be... Dez Clark. With Forte, Bennett, Knox, Olsen, or Hester available. Even Wolfe was getting something going.

That's just one example but it happened the entire game. There was nothing intermediate when the deep ball wasn't there. There was nothing on the edges when the seam was covered. And it seemed like ATL was calling all of their run plays for them.

Edited by kingfish247

Completely agree with the Turner assessments here. All that talent and the plays that are dialed up are very limited in scope and imagination. That last play to Dez Clark was illustrative of the theme. Cutler wasn't looking for anyone else on that play. So on a 4th and 6 with the game on the line, the primary target appeared to be... Dez Clark. With Forte, Bennett, Knox, Olsen, or Hester available. Even Wolfe was getting something going.

That's just one example but it happened the entire game. There was nothing intermediate when the deep ball wasn't there. There was nothing on the edges when the seam was covered. And it seemed like ATL was calling all of their run plays for them.

Great example. I believe on that play, it was a trips formation. I mean come on.

Again, look at what Orton is doing with an offensive mind in Josh McDaniels. It says a lot in my mind. I feel like John Shoop is still calling plays here in Chicago. :wacko: Ron Turner needs to play Madden or something and get some new ideas. Or let's just throw him in the Chicago River with a 100 pound weight attached to his foot. What a joke.

Edited by Goopster24