[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Housing Market

matt770

I could watch Gran Torino all day long. He's my hero. :wacko:

The number two reason I hate foreign cars is the tone and decibel level of a fart pipe on a POS Honda 4-cylinder with some idiot white kid with pants hanging down to his knees and dumbass parents that think kids should be able to do whatever they want hits just under my 3rd vertabrae down. It causes my trigger finger to clench and unclench uncontrollably. These will be the first that should be killed if we ever need to go cannibal.

These should be allowed to be shot on sight. No license required. No bag limit.

Around here in the "rich" neighborhoods where I will never afford to live, the trend is to build a 5,000 square foot house on a 1/4 acre lot. Ummmm, I'd rather have a 600 square foot house on a 40 acre lot. .

That absolutely defines where I live.

In the current market, there are STILL crazy-azz developers that are buying 50 year old houses that are perfectly good, tearing them doing and throwinbg up multimillion dollar McMansions that just continue to sit on the market. There is no space to expand, so huge houses with postage stamp yards are becoming commonplace.

Visiting the neighbors houses makes me realize that we have more movie/ home theaters on my block than an AMC SuperTheatre . . . ..

http://www.reuters.com/article/newsOne/idU...ndChannel=11604

On the auction block in Detroit: almost 9,000 homes and lots in various states of abandonment and decay from the tidy owner-occupied to the burned-out shell claimed by squatters.

Despite a minimum bid of $500, less than a fifth of the Detroit land was sold after four days.

That absolutely defines where I live.

In the current market, there are STILL crazy-azz developers that are buying 50 year old houses that are perfectly good, tearing them doing and throwinbg up multimillion dollar McMansions that just continue to sit on the market. There is no space to expand, so huge houses with postage stamp yards are becoming commonplace.

Visiting the neighbors houses makes me realize that we have more movie/ home theaters on my block than an AMC SuperTheatre . . . ..

city living in the burbs, without the city life.

Around here in the "rich" neighborhoods where I will never afford to live, the trend is to build a 5,000 square foot house on a 1/4 acre lot. Ummmm, I'd rather have a 600 square foot house on a 40 acre lot. Trust me, it's much easier to add house than find land right next door. :D

Yeah, do that and make sure you have a high enough vantage point on top of your house for an MG42 emplacement. When Armageddon hits, you'll be able to keep the masses out at roughly 1200 bullets/min. :D

Those of us who haven't seen it yet thank you for ruining it.

I thought about that but then figured, well, maybe if people haven't seen it yet, they never will? :wacko:

Just scratched it from my netflix list. maybe Matt and Tim can give us a reenactment of the movie and put it up on youtube.

This just in. Darth was Luke's father. Movie was released a year ago. What's the statute of limitations? :wacko:

ETA: Matt, if we reenact it, I wanna be the the barber. He doesn't get raped or killed or beat up.

Edited by TimC

I have family in Poquoson, great little town. But I've seen the areas you speak of. Good for you getting out of there.

Poquoson is the tiny little exception to the area, yes very nice or was last I saw.

I don't even drive through that area if I can help it though. TimC's descriptions sent a faded memory kinda shiver down my back.

Amazing that you mention that movie, it has helped me deal with this situation. Clint is like the dad I never had. When I see the little sh|tbags throwing rocks at my air conditioner or the dog barks incessantly, I do the Gran Torino quotes in my best Clint voice and I feel better. "Get off my lawn" and "We used to stack f*cks like you five feet high in Korea" are my favorites. God I could watch that movie 10 times in a row and cry every time he gets shot at the end.

I need to find MP3 clips of that movie for my iPod.

Never saw the movie. Thanks blabbermouth.

+1 and act nuts too. if people think u are pyscho, they will tread lightly.

I was thinking about this last night. I remember working a ton of hours back in 2001-02 when we went public. I'd get home at all hours of the night beat from these long days and no weekends. Basically in no mood to deal with much of anything.

Anyways...I had just gotten home from work around 8 PM and was back in the bedroom doing something and the doorbell rang. I didn't think much of it until I heard this redneck white trash lady yelling at Tina that her daughter had gotten her son in trouble at school or something. This boy was always stirring up crap like flashing himself on the bus and stuff. Basically a real idiot. I guess she didn't know I was home and was basically cussing out Tina. I come walking to the door and tell this lady to get the f off my porch. Her son was with her and I told little white trash boy if he ever talked to any of us at school or anywhere, I'd beat his little ass like his parents should. You could tell they'd never been talked back to in their life. I went verbally nuts on 'em -- it was a combination of work stress and them picking the wrong time. She said she'd get her husband up here. He was like 400 pounds and I told her to bring his fatass up here PLEASE. I think I did the Ric Flair 'woooo' at the end. I'm crazy when I get mad. The rednecks and most ethnic groups don't mess with the crazies. They both ran off never to be heard from and never gave us any trouble again.

Edited by TimC

I was thinking about this last night. I remember working a ton of hours back in 2001-02 when we went public. I'd get home at all hours of the night beat from these long days and no weekends. Basically in no mood to deal with much of anything.

Anyways...I had just gotten home from work around 8 PM and was back in the bedroom doing something and the doorbell rang. I didn't think much of it until I heard this redneck white trash lady yelling at Tina that her daughter had gotten her son in trouble at school or something. This boy was always stirring up crap like flashing himself on the bus and stuff. Basically a real idiot. I guess she didn't know I was home and was basically cussing out Tina. I come walking to the door and tell this lady to get the f off my porch. Her son was with her and I told little white trash boy if he ever talked to any of us at school or anywhere, I'd beat his little ass like his parents should. You could tell they'd never been talked back to in their life. I went verbally nuts on 'em -- it was a combination of work stress and them picking the wrong time. She said she'd get her husband up here. He was like 400 pounds and I told her to bring his fatass up here PLEASE. I think I did the Ric Flair 'woooo' at the end. I'm crazy when I get mad. The rednecks and most ethnic groups don't mess with the crazies. They both ran off never to be heard from and never gave us any trouble again.

Awesome! Absolutely awesome! :wacko:

On a side note, we had 28 turkeys stroll through our property by the creek last night. We built in 2003 in a somewhat isolated area to get away from all the garbage in our previous neighborhood. I just dont know how people can live that way.

We've got a herd of 40 elk ruining the greens of our local golf course, coyotes howling and keeping us up all night, a cougar eating small dogs and cats, and deer sh$t all over our yard so you can't step without getting do-do all over your shoes. Neighborhood is going downhill here too.

Edited by Sugar Magnolia

Life on the farm is kinda laid back... Thank God I'm a country boy!

Just built the last house on 168 acres. Have to stop the truck to let the turkey herd cross the road some mornin's. But I DO remember being the last white boy in Northwest High School in north St. Louis and gettin' thumped regularly by "those people" for being white. All I can say now is, "Bring it!"

I read an article last week that estimated the amount of vacant/ forclosed property both commercial and residential in Detroit is around 60%.

Scary, scary stuff. blocks upon blocks of vacant property being completely ignored.

They will make great bunkers Komrad.