[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Could there be any truth to this ?

MustOfBeenDrunk

According to KNBR 680 I just heard them say that the reason the Browns are keeping Anderson at QB is that they have a $10,000,0000.00 performance clause with Brady Quinn and by keeping him on the side lines they would not have to pay him.

So they are saying that the word is that Anderson stays in until week 12 or 13 to keep Quinn from getting what ever stats are needed for the bonus.

I know it could be true but do you think it is ??

The clause is like 5.7 million if he plays 70% of the snaps this year. Sure, has happened several times. The first I remember was the infamous Darrell Jackson incident where he had to be held back from attacking the GM at the team's facility.

According to KNBR 680 I just heard them say that the reason the Browns are keeping Anderson at QB is that they have a $10,000,0000.00 performance clause with Brady Quinn and by keeping him on the side lines they would not have to pay him.

So they are saying that the word is that Anderson stays in until week 12 or 13 to keep Quinn from getting what ever stats are needed for the bonus.

I know it could be true but do you think it is ??

I have no idea but I do know there is already another thread covering this exact same topic a little further down on the first page...

Three straight losses and 1 TD vs 3 INTs ... not really the way to open a season if you're due a monster roster bonus ... though, in fairness, Quinn's 59% completion percentage this year is noticeably higher than Michael Vick's career average ... :wacko:

I can't fault the Browns. If you were destined for a 2-14 season with a QB likely destined for the UFL, would you let him go through the motions and earn $10 mill when you have another QB who is equally capable of putting up horrible numbers, one who at least has at least had one impressive NFL season in his career, and who costs you essentially next-to-nothing compared to $10 mill?

If true, Quinn's agent helped kill his career with a contract like that because it eliminated the opportunity for patience and learning. Here's hoping his guaranteed money side of it was worth more than a carefully nurtured career that ultimately featured NFL success ...

Maybe the GM should sit down with Quinn and his agent and say we'll change that guarantee to something a lot lower (maybe $1M) if you hit that target and make you the starter next week or you can sit on the bench and watch the rest of the year. Quinn can decide if it's worth playing and trying to show the Browns and rest of the NFL what he has for a chance at something better or sit and watch.