[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

h1n1 vaccine

CaP'N GRuNGe

Just got mine. Hopefully will get the 6 month old her first dose on Friday and waiting for the 2nd dose for our 4 year old to become available still.

Is it available where you are yet?

Yep - my 8 and 5 yr old boys have had doses 1 (5 weeks ago) & 2 (last week). They got the seasonal flu shot as well last week. One in each arm.

I live in Charleston,SC and NO flu shots are available. The only one you can get is the H1N1 and you HAVE to be high risk.

I have been looking for 2 months for my regular flu shot but not luck. My doc says I may be able to get the h1n1 once my next child is born in january.

Did you have to shove them out of the way to get yours?

The nice thing about working for a healthcare provider is they bring the shots to you and you get them for free. I did make sure I was one of the first in line as the notice said limited quantities, but not sure how limited it was.

My boys, 2 and 4, got them last week. They got the regular flu shot as well. As for me, I got the regular flu shot about 3 weeks ago, no swine flu shot for me or my wife. I figure I'll keep consuming large quantities of alcohol, that should do the trick. :wacko:

My 2 girls got rd one last night. My little one has asmatic allergies so her allergist recommended it. My kids are 6 and 8. Does anyone else have a horrible time with their kids when they have to get a shot ? Last night they werent half bad but for their regular flu shot it was flat out embarrasing. I had to restrain my oldest and she was yellin "I want to live !!" as he was preparing to give her the shot..Brutal

My 2 girls got rd one last night. My little one has asmatic allergies so her allergist recommended it. My kids are 6 and 8. Does anyone else have a horrible time with their kids when they have to get a shot ? Last night they werent half bad but for their regular flu shot it was flat out embarrasing. I had to restrain my oldest and she was yellin "I want to live !!" as he was preparing to give her the shot..Brutal

Yep, 4 year old gives a pretty hard time too. Mom took her to get her 2nd round this week. The 6 month old got 5-6 vaccines last Friday. (Seasonal Flu, Swine Flu, bunch of others) Didn't seem to have any kind of adverse reaction at all to all those shots at once. Tough kid.