[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is Favre having a magical year or what?

tosberg34

doesn't matter if it is a team sport or not ,,if it was that easy we would have hundreds of football players in their 40's

not just playing but playing their position at a high level

age has a way of catching up to the best of them

oh yeah forgot about Bhop and im sure there are plenty more in their 40 but im just to drunk to remember

Me thinks you missed my point.

I'm happy for Favre. Never could hate him, even after he jerked the Packers around with the on again, off again retirements. He needed to move on and I'm glad he's found success on a good team in Minnesota. Would be fun for the Pack to encounter the Vikings in the playoffs.

I don't know if its the best team he's been on....yet anyways. Here's a good reason why he's doing so good. TWO WORDS: ADRIAN PETERSON!

-- Childress talked about this a bit after his team's 36-10 victory over Chicago on Sunday, but he elaborted Monday on the decision to have Favre throw 48 passes, including 46 through three quarters. Childress said that was an in-game adjustment made in the second quarter based on how much the Bears were focusing on putting extra men in the box in order to contain Adrian Peterson. The Bears played plenty of single coverage on the Vikings receivers with one high safety. Childress, who is a big-time believer in the run game, admitted it was odd to hear himself telling offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell to keep throwing the ball. "That’s an aside on the sideline after we’re doing something, saying, ‘Hey, Bev, throw it again. That’s a first down, throw it again. Keep throwing it,’" Childress said. "That’s almost heresy. I can’t believe that’s coming out of my mouth on the sideline. That’s just what we strongly feel in looking at it and watching how they’re bringing people and what they were doing. I said, ‘Hey, we know what we’re doing with the pass game. We trust what we’re doing with the pass game, the protection game. Let’s move it this way.'"

Link

As they say, it was tough sleding for Adrian yesterday.

Pretty self-evident . .

Take one HOF QB, ad one superstar RB that draws a TON of attention, mix with one of the best o-lines in the NFL, add a HUGE dash of not playing any teams with a winning record besides Green Bay and you get a perfect situation for Brett Favre.

Hmmm... Pitt and Baltimore are both supposedly premier teams.. Look at the Colts schedule and NO, they only played the Pats...

Both, might i add, where on the Colts and NO home field, whereas MN, i believe, played in Pitt..

Edited by JustDoIt

Hmmm... Pitt and Baltimore are both supposedly premier teams.. Look at the Colts schedule and NO, they only played the Pats...

Both, might i add, where on the Colts and NO home field, whereas MN, i believe, played in Pitt..

What is your point?

The topic was gushing about Brett favre's magical year and the factors involved. Please stay on target . . .

Favre was the missing piece for the Vikings. He's made their team a passing threat. Favre's also put up excellent fantasy numbers this year and transformed waiver wire fodder into top receiving threats. At the start of the season, many folks scoffed that all he would be doing was handing off to to AP, but no one's saying that anymore. In fact, AP's fantasy value has lessened a bit because of the deadly passing attack.

Even if the Vikings don't win it all, no one can argue that this team isn't better than they were a year ago without Favre. Good show, old man. Good show.

A legit QB was all the Vikings needs for the last several years. They have a dominating defense, a great o-line and a very dangerous running back.

Now a HOF QB gets to play seven on seven with tons of time to throw . . . no brainer that he should do well . .

It seems like a no-brainer now, and perhaps it did to Brad Childress as well. During training camp, there was a lot of negativity about Favre. Sure, most of that could be attributed to his waffling, but a lot of people did not think he could get the job done. Despite Favre's torn biceps, most of the press that I read were super skeptical of Favre's ability to get the job done based on the Jets' fade last year. A lot of people thought the Vikings were taking a huge gamble. Most people considered Favre fantasy irrelevant. And that's the reason that I think one can consider it magical. Favre has exceeded expectations.

Edited by electricrelish

.............and Favre just keeps rolling along, never missing a game (never missing a snap), and playing at a high level. We will never witness anything like this again. He's amazing.

+1. Yep, you're right. The 32-yard TD pass to Greg Lewis in the final seconds of the game for the win against SF, was truly magical and vintage Favre. I can't get enough of that stuff.

Edited by electricrelish

Add that to the fact that, other than maybe Berrian, who had to catch up to the Favre scheme, had no top quality receivers. Throw Favre in there and suddenly they have 7 receivers all worthy of catching the ball. It's the same thing that Bree's did with NO, only Colston I believe was better than Berrian. Can't wait to see MIN at NO in the NFC Championship

Add that to the fact that, other than maybe Berrian, who had to catch up to the Favre scheme, had no top quality receivers.

Sidney Rice was a second round pick . . . Percy Harvin was a first round pick. Hardly "no quality receivers".

Favre has a looong history of making his receivers better in Green Bay.

A legit QB was all the Vikings needs for the last several years. They have a dominating RUN defense, a great o-line and a very dangerous running back.

Now a HOF QB gets to play seven on seven with tons of time to throw . . . no brainer that he should do well . .

Edited for clarity. Their pass D can be had.

Truly Amazing and legitimate MVP candidate

whats even more amazing , is i can not see any obvious reason as it stands now for him not to return and play next year ( unless Vikes win SB and Brett rides off officially and finally into the sunset )

One of a Kind