[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Play Saints WR against Brees?

BakoSpanks

I've got Meachem and Henderson, my opponent has Brees.

Is it wise to start both of them, since there's a 2/3 chance at least one of them (or maybe even both) will have a big day, and it could help offset a potential big day from Brees? In olther words - if Brees goes off, my WRs probably go off too. Not sure if that would be really smart, or really stupid of me.

Or should I just stick with 2 of my big name WRs like A Johnson, R Wayne, S Rice, D Driver, and M Sims-Walker?

Not a good idea to do it that way. Best strategy is to to start who you think will score you the most points.

+1, as soon as you start overthinking you are screwed. Always start your best possible lineup regardless of who your opponent has

I've played this strategy before. Sometimes it works. Last week I won by 5 points because I had Percy Harvin when my opponent had Favre. It can work. It can also backfire. What if Brees only throws big to Colston? Then you have two spots with goose eggs when you could have had Sidney Rice or Reggie Wayne's contributions. Think of it like insurance. If you run into a big Brees storm, you are covered against a Henderson or a Meachem. But your policy doesn't cover Colston damage! Plus you've bought this policy instead of a shiny sports car.

I'd go with Meachem regardless. Then pick the other WR based on matchup. I like Andre Johnson's this week.

Edited by WildTurkey

I look at it like this. You are combatting one of his players with two of yours. That seems like a losing strategy right there. And as others have noted, the way the Saints spread the ball around it is almost a pure guessing game with both of those guys. If either one of them seem the best play for YOUR team and your score, start them. But don't force it. I agree with the thought of just doing what got you here and don't try to get cute.

There is no reason to consult your opponent's lineup when making your lineup decisions.

This. Confirmed fact. Will be added to my ten things people think about FF that just are not true, to go along with "having a connection" or starting a Monday night guy, etc.

There is no reason to consult your opponent's lineup when making your lineup decisions.

everytime i do this...i end up leaving a ton of points on my bench, usually lose & kick myself for not going with my gut.

for me...overthinking = :wacko:

Edited by buddahj