[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Did you know people are poor?

WaterMan

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"the six-figure income, the house with the pool and the investment property."

Maybe she should've been saving something for the inevitable rainy day we all experience...and some of us have actually done without the pool and investment properties to save for it. Poor stupid us for not living high on the hog.

She gambled on the good times continuing forever and lost. Period. Our temp receptionist is a former real estate agent. She's thankful to have the job but can't believe she is doing it after the rise she was on the past decade. Boo-fn-hoo.

Edited by TimC

"the six-figure income, the house with the pool and the investment property."

Maybe she should've been saving something for the inevitable rainy day we all experience...and some of us have actually done without the pool and investment properties to save for it. Poor stupid us for not living high on the hog.

She gambled on the good times continuing forever and lost. Period. Our temp receptionist is a former real estate agent. She's thankful to have the job but can't believe she is doing it after the rise she was on the past decade. Boo-fn-hoo.

One down, only 5,999,999 left to criticize. Keep going.

If someone ever goes on Gubment help, we should assign people to budget, save and spend your money for you for the next decade Your paycheck is sent to them and they decide for you how to best spend it. Ya know to make sure you don't spend it on cigarettes and McDonalds. Since I'm keeping her and her children alive, I demand at least that type of oversight for my money I'm giving her and the rest. If we're going to have Gubment help,, let's have some real Gubment help.

I had to pick up Tina's daughter from a friend's house when her car battery died. Her friend is on WIC and food stamps. They were playing Wii with the full rock band setup...guitar and drums. Having a good ole time. The Daddy and Mommy weren't married because they would make too much money combined for the assistance.

5,999,998 left to criticize.

About 99,998 of those are really poor and need our help and are unable to support themselves, which I will happily and readily give. The rest made poor choices in life. Like the person in your article. I chose to sock away the $30k a pool would've cost me and put it in savings to live off of in case of a downturn. And I'm the dummy for that, I guess.

I had to pick up Tina's daughter from a friend's house when her car battery died. Her friend is on WIC and food stamps. They were playing Wii with the full rock band setup...guitar and drums. Having a good ole time. The Daddy and Mommy weren't married because they would make too much money combined for the assistance.

The article is about people on food stamps only - zero income of any kind, including the gubment tit.

The article is about people on food stamps only - zero income of any kind, including the gubment tit.

Yes, we are all one day away from zero income. That's why God invented savings accounts. When you are making $100,000 a year, you should not spend $100,000 plus. Then, if you ever have zero income, you will have money to spend when you are at zero income. It's all about decisions. She chose poorly. She is receiving food and wants an income supplement. An "income supplement" is also called a J-O-B. True, it may not and probably will not be a $100,000 a year job, but it sure beats crying that you're not receiving enough free money because you were selfish and stupid and not thinking about bad times when times were good.

I'd pick the worst kid, chop 'em up and freeze the meat if you want to eat.

Yes, we are all one day away from zero income. That's why God invented savings accounts. When you are making $100,000 a year, you should not spend $100,000 plus. Then, if you ever have zero income, you will have money to spend when you are at zero income. It's all about decisions. She chose poorly. She is receiving food and wants an income supplement. An "income supplement" is also called a J-O-B. True, it may not and probably will not be a $100,000 a year job, but it sure beats crying that you're not receiving enough free money because you were selfish and stupid and not thinking about bad times when times were good.

I'd pick the worst kid, chop 'em up and freeze the meat if you want to eat.

Tim you have it wrong. EVERY person that is on food stamps can't help it. They NEED our assistance. There was nothing they could about what happened and it is never the fault of the actual person. It is all about education. They did not receive the proper education that would teach EVERY person to save money in a "just in case" fund.

I would like to know more about this real estate person in the article. How long has she been without a job? Has she applied at McDonalds yet?

EVERY person is a victim.

EVERY person that is on food stamps can't help it.

Once again, the article is only about the people on food stamps with no other income at all. It's a measure of how far into the recession we really are and it's a growing number. The total number on food stamps is far greater.

As a side note, the article also gives the lie to the right wing mantra that welfare is too easy to get. It would appear not.

Tim you have it wrong. EVERY person that is on food stamps can't help it. They NEED our assistance. There was nothing they could about what happened and it is never the fault of the actual person. It is all about education. They did not receive the proper education that would teach EVERY person to save money in a "just in case" fund.

I would like to know more about this real estate person in the article. How long has she been without a job? Has she applied at McDonalds yet?

EVERY person is a victim.

You are correct, gbpfan. I have a decent savings account that I shall burn through this week on hookers and blow comfortable in the knowledge that Ursa will send me a check when I need it. I can't wait. I thought I was saving since I have no pension since I work for a private company and not the Government to look forward to and figured the ponzi scheme known as Social Security/Medicare would be $34.00 and a Tylenol in 25 years when I may need it.

I can't wait. It's gonna be a great week. :wacko:

Hell, most Americans don't make $100,000 in 3 years,, but this poor little woman did it in one and couldn't survive with a house and investment properties. What are poor people like me who doesn't own his own pool and only has one house to do????

Thank you for correcting me, gbpfan. Do you want to go to Vegas with me? We can bet it all on red and maybe Obama will give us a second try if it comes up black!!!

You are correct, gbpfan. I have a decent savings account that I shall burn through this week on hookers and blow comfortable in the knowledge that Ursa will send me a check when I need it. I can't wait. I thought I was saving since I have no pension since I work for a private company and not the Government to look forward to and figured the ponzi scheme known as Social Security/Medicare would be $34.00 and a Tylenol in 25 years when I may need it.

I can't wait. It's gonna be a great week. :wacko:

Hell, most Americans don't make $100,000 in 3 years,, but this poor little woman did it in one and couldn't survive with a house and investment properties. What are poor people like me who doesn't own his own pool and only has one house to do????

Thank you for correcting me, gbpfan. Do you want to go to Vegas with me? We can bet it all on red and maybe Obama will give us a second try if it comes up black!!!

After you get back from Vegas, what should we call your bailout...oops, I meant "stimulus"... package?

After you get back from Vegas, what should we call your bailout...oops, I meant "stimulus"... package?

Good point. See, if this country focused on helping those truly in need, we wouldn't have hardly any needy people with the resources at our disposal. And someone making $100k last year and now broke ass because they have no pool, investment properties, and income isn't a truly needy person any more than a bunch of billionaire bankers and insurance agencies that decided to gamble on the mortgage backed securities good times going on forever and lost. This country is so screwed up backwards.

Yes, there are truly needy people and we should be helping them. We should let the people we have been "helping" the past few years die in the streets and give it to the people that really and truly need a hand up and not a hand out. That group is far fewer and not as greedy as Mrs. $100k income helper in the article.

I would give as much as I could (and we all would) if I thought it was helping the needy and not just keeping idiots from starving.

McDonalds is hiring. In fact I bet I could buy any newspaper anywhere in this country and find a help wanted section.

Wal Mart even hires the handicapped.

Edited by The Mucca

McDonalds is hiring. In fact I bet I could buy any newspaper anywhere in this country and find a help wanted section.

There you go then. 15,000,000 new McDonald's employees. Well done, that's unemployment solved. What shall we do next?

The Mucca, I can't buy a pool and investment properties on a McDonalds and WalMart salary. Plus, I'm too good to do those types of jobs. I was making $100k last year so I deserve another job that pays $100k. I have starving children. You are evil.

I'll tell the hippie sandal-wearing pot smoking cumbaya singing libs the same thing I said about the $300 check King Bush used to send you. You can turn it down and pay extra if you want to help out the dumbasses of the world. But stop forcing us superiorly intelligent people to do it. Funny how that never works.

There you go then. 15,000,000 new McDonald's employees. Well done, that's unemployment solved. What shall we do next?

Way to prove your point. Excellent post.

This world does need people like you and BP who believe that everyone is good and that everyone should be equal. I just don't feel that way. We need people on both sides of the fence.

The Mucca, I can't buy a pool and investment properties on a McDonalds and WalMart salary. Plus, I'm too good to do those types of jobs. I was making $100k last year so I deserve another job that pays $100k. I have starving children. You are evil.

I'll tell the hippie sandal-wearing pot smoking cumbaya singing libs the same thing I said about the $300 check King Bush used to send you. You can turn it down and pay extra if you want to help out the dumbasses of the world. But stop forcing us superiorly intelligent people to do it. Funny how that never works.

That's OK, you wont make as much, but your tax bill will be lower.

This world does need people like you and BP who believe that everyone is good and that everyone should be equal. I just don't feel that way. We need people on both sides of the fence.

:wacko::D:D

I don't believe any such thing. I do believe in a capitalism that works on the principle that a rising tide is supposed to float all boats not just a few, otherwise what's the point? I also believe in heeding the lessons of history long before you have reason to regret you didn't.

:D:D:D

I don't believe any such thing. I do believe in a capitalism that works on the principle that a rising tide is supposed to float all boats not just a few, otherwise what's the point? I also believe in heeding the lessons of history long before you have reason to regret you didn't.

Like how since medicare and SS are so successful and efficient we should just turn all healthcare over to fedgov for management... :wacko: Yep, those history lessons come in handy... :D

Completely false. I do believe that everyone should get a real chance at the fairy tale that is "the American Dream". That hasnt happened . . ever.

Food stamps are a way to take of those that do not have enough to live on. If you choose to put such a low value on human life and just let people die in the streets, then move to China.

Responsible societies take care of their citizens. Immature despots do not.

I strongly encourage those advocating against food stamps and any kind of safety net to move to the Sudan or China immediately. best of luck!

Completely false. I do believe that everyone should get a real chance at the fairy tale that is "the American Dream". That hasnt happened . . ever.

Food stamps are a way to take of those that do not have enough to live on. If you choose to put such a low value on human life and just let people die in the streets, then move to China.

Responsible societies take care of their citizens. Immature despots do not.

I strongly encourage those advocating against food stamps and any kind of safety net to move to the Sudan or China immediately. best of luck!

I have lost all of my money gambling in Vegas with Timc so I think I will need a govt handout for the flight cost to China.