[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dyson Vac

Brentastic

We need a new vac and have all hardwood floors and a few rugs. I'm intrigued by the Dyson but they have several models. I guess I'm looking at the DC-18 since it's lightweight and we don't need a heavy duty vac - I've seen some on ebay for under $100. There are tons of opinions on Dyson vacs and consumer reports have Dyson's ranked about average but I have read other reviews that favor them. Bottom line,I trust you huddlers more anyways - what do you guys recommend?

Got one of the Dyson Animals (I forget the model #) and it is hands down the best vac I've ever owned. Conceptually, I like the Dyson ball but those weren't on the market when I bought this one. That makes it about 7 years old now, still going strong.

Got one of the Dyson Animals (I forget the model #) and it is hands down the best vac I've ever owned. Conceptually, I like the Dyson ball but those weren't on the market when I bought this one. That makes it about 7 years old now, still going strong.

+1 had ours for 5+ yrs

I've had a Dyson, but it did in fact lose suction and so I got a Sears Kenmore Progressive Vacuum:

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_0...ore+Progressive

Hands down the best I've ever owned, the attachment for hard wood floors works wonderfully, and it has an attachment for pet hair that rotates furiuosly and sucks up everything in sight that's also top notch....it does have bags, but they're almost cloth-like and I never expereince any dust flying around when changing them.

Best way to buy a dyson is to get one of those 30% off coupons from Kohl's.

You will find the price is about the same from store to store. so 30% off is a decent deal.

sometimes you can apply for a credit card and they will knock another 10% off.

buy model number "MOstEXPensIVE" for best deal

Edited by moneymakers

When we were looking at Vacs, the wife said "I WANT AN ORECK!!!! :D:D:D ".

Why??? Cause we have 5 flights of stairs in our house. The Oreck is a feather weight...The Dyson weighs 2x+. Try schleping that monster up and down stairs!

Regardless, the Oreck does a fine job. It's lite and is easy to move around.

The wife loves it...she uses it....need I answer any questions? :wacko:

This might be a huge stretch but if you do not mind dropping some coin go central vac with hide-a-hose technology. If you have allergies it is a MUST have. I just installed one and holly smokes it is quick and easy and can suck paint off the wall.

The Hide-a-hose is when the hose is sucked back into the wall with no effort what so ever.

All I have to say is if you ever thought about going with central vac, just make the purchase with HaH technology... I hate to sound like a commercial but it truly is worth it.

:wacko: I need model numbers people.

The yellow without the rollerball (for now, LOL)

DC-07

The can get clogged up and lose suction. We need to take ours apart once or twice a year and take out the inside screen piece and clean it.

When we were looking at Vacs, the wife said "I WANT AN ORECK!!!! :D:D:D ".

Why??? Cause we have 5 flights of stairs in our house. The Oreck is a feather weight...The Dyson weighs 2x+. Try schleping that monster up and down stairs!

Regardless, the Oreck does a fine job. It's lite and is easy to move around.

The wife loves it...she uses it....need I answer any questions? :wacko:

Good point. It does seem on the heavy side.

It’s not a problem for us, since the missus has the strength of a full grown chimp.

+brazillian

We have a Golden Retriever that sheds more than any animal I've ever seen and this thing cleans like a champ. Got it a little over a year ago. Best vac I've ever owned.

YES THEY DO

much better for the one kid that has some allergy issues. sucks up and takes out more than the dyson. Find a used one

Yup, bought a used one 5 years ago for $225 and it will last the rest of my life. By design, the best vacuum ever made. EVERY other vacuum on the market runs dirty air through the fan of the motor, and they will break down. Kirby's don't do that.