[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone regret dropping their landline?

Ramhock

I mean did you miss the telemarketing calls or the bill?

First of all...I get one or two telemarketing calls a day on my cell. I can't remember the last time I got one at home. Second, I don't know if you have a family with kids, but if you do...I would not want my cell as the only phone in the house. Not a good idea.

Zero telemarketers on my cell and dropping the land line goes in the "What the frak did I wait so long for?" column.

I can only get DSL out here in the sticks, so I need a home phone line for that. I asked them if I could get on some plan where I only dial that number for a couple of bucks a month instead of $40 or whatever. No dice.

They are starting to run broadband lines though.

During the 04 hurricane triple blast we got here in FL, our landlines were the only thing that worked for quite a few days. Power out, cell towers down etc.. the landlines worked through it all. We just never answer our home phone and let our machine get it.

i have everything thru the cable company...tv, internet & phone. i pay less for phone thru the cable co. than i did thru the phone co.

+1. That said, I would love to drop the phone, anyway. Can't do it with 4 kids in school, etc.

I have 4 cells on the Verizon plan and the cable phone, I spend a damn fortune on phone junk.

First of all...I get one or two telemarketing calls a day on my cell. I can't remember the last time I got one at home. Second, I don't know if you have a family with kids, but if you do...I would not want my cell as the only phone in the house. Not a good idea.

do you put your cell number down on registrations as your contact number?

I've been without a landline for more than 4 years. The only time that I have had any second thoughts is when I leave my cell phone at the office. This has happened 4 or 5 times. Ironically, it happened last night.

Its kinda cool to be incommunicado, as long as I don't fall and can't get up.

Re telemarketers, have y'all not heard of the do-not-call list? Since then I've gotten none. An occasional charity maybe (fn "police chapters") but about it.

Re land lines, I got that magicjack thing. The reception is iffy sometimes, but I only use it for "casual" calls ie not work related so it's worth putting up with. Saves me from frying up a lot of cell minutes.

I dropped my Cell...not the landline..

I got sick of my hip vibrating when nobody was calling...or when I didn't even have the phone attached to my hip...

at any rate, I wouldn't want a cell phone anywhere near my body....err maybe I put the phone on the wrong area of my body :wacko:....:D

I dropped my Cell...not the landline..

I got sick of my hip vibrating when nobody was calling...or when I didn't even have the phone attached to my hip...

at any rate, I wouldn't want a cell phone anywhere near my body....err maybe I put the phone on the wrong area of my body :D....:D

I would love to get ride of the cell. I didn't want one to start with but after babies i was forced to by the warden. :wacko:

Zero telemarketers on my cell and dropping the land line goes in the "What the frak did I wait so long for?" column.

I switched to Comcast VoIP a month ago and pay about $5 net for it. Saved $80-$90 month all told and I too can't believe I did it earlier. Would I go to all cell? Hell, no.

Since we've moved out to the farm with iffy cell sevice we kept the land line. In fact, the phone company had to come out and bury a quarter mile of phone line to reach our house (our electric line is buried too). We're on the no-call list and apparently Missouri is pretty strict because we rarely get any sales calls and Mrs. Sgt. Roller is all over any that have the balls to call us. The land line bill is about $30 a month (free long distance, all the bells and whistles). I can live with it.