[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Momentum

CaptainHook

Is it safe to say that needing "momentum" heading into the playoffs is a fallacy?

Last year the Colts lost after winning their final 9 regular season games.

This year the Chargers lost after winning their final 11 regular season games.

The Saints, Vikings, and Colts all stumbled into the playoffs, and won their first game.

:wacko:

Well, if I have learned anything this playoff season so far it is that the self-delusion factor can't be discounted. The Jets are playing way over their ski's. Is that momentum or just a state of mind?

I think so far every game went as planned and the best team won

The only result I didn't see coming was the Jets over the Chargers

The messed up thing from my stand point it was the only game I didn't get to see either.

Dang wife & kids thinking going out to dinner as I promised ( if the Vikes won ) was more important than the Jets/Chargers game)

Well, if I have learned anything this playoff season so far it is that the self-delusion factor can't be discounted. The Jets are playing way over their ski's. Is that momentum or just a state of mind?

I think they're drugging the kickers. If i were the Colts i would be keeping Stover in a secluded bunker until gametime.

I think they're drugging the kickers. If i were the Colts i would be keeping Stover in a secluded bunker until gametime.

Yikes !! just read this stat . Kaeding is 3-for-9 on field goal attempts at home in the postseason in his career.

Okay, I wasn't going to mention it, but I could have swore that Kaedings eyes appeared to be red on the sideline shots.

Edited by rattsass

It has been a VERY wierd year for kickers to say the least. But if I have to point to a kicker who will fall this upcomming week - I'd put money on Longwell.

Why is that ??

it is a dome game and weather has been the only problem he has had that I recall

It has been a VERY wierd year for kickers to say the least. But if I have to point to a kicker who will fall this upcomming week - I'd put money on Longwell.

If anything, I'd think an unproven guy like Garrett Hartley is a lot more likely to fail this weekend.

Okay, I wasn't going to mention it, but I could have swore that Kaedings eyes appeared to be red on the sideline shots.

He has always kicked better on grass

It's all rigged by Vegas.

No doubt the case as we all know the Cowboys are the best team in the NFL and Vegas must love Favre. :wacko:

Edited by irish