[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Over Under bet

gbpfan1231

In addition to that I'd like the over/under on how many times he refers to himself, and how many times he lies.

I'm guessing he refers to himself about 70 times, blames Bush (inherited) 12 times, and lies or significantly bends the truth 7 times.

In addition to that I'd like the over/under on how many times he refers to himself, and how many times he lies.

I'm guessing he refers to himself about 70 times, blames Bush (inherited) 12 times, and lies or significantly bends the truth 7 times.

12 seriously?? I can't be home tonight to watch it but will have it DVR'd. If you watch it post and let me know how many times. If it is anywhere near 12 he is a complete idiot. People are sick of that excuse and he needs people to get back on his side.

8--the number of posters here who will complain about the speech NO MATTER WHAT Obama says.

He is going to try to be a fiscal conservative and act like he wants to govern from the center or a little to the right, which after seeing the first year, people should know is an absolute lie...

If he is trying to come across that way, then I will hate the speech...

But either way, I won't watch it...

Edited by posty

He is going to try to be a fiscal conservative and act like he wants to govern from the center or a little to the right, which after seeing the first year, people should know is an absolute lie...

If he is trying to come across that way, then I will hate the speech...

But either way, I won't watch it...

Buffoonery of the highest order.

That's what I'm expecting, plus some sprinkling of Haitian relief efforts.

he just needs to go on and scream two words...........

WERE FRUCKED!!!!!!!!

That should read "We were frucked in the past, we're frucked now, and you better plan on continuing to be frucked still in the future."

And my money will be on zero for times Bush is referred to specifically by name or by reference such as "former administration" or "my predicessor".

:D

Why does he live in the past?

All Ronald Reagan did after his first year in office is bash the previous administrations. And he is widely seen as the "savior" of the Republican party, particularly by the Repubs that tried to separate themselves from Bush by calling themselves the keepers of the "true" Republican Party represented by Ronnie Reagan . .

The right can dish it out, but they suuuure cant take it when it IS their fault . . .

To understand the State of the Union, we must look not only at where we are and where we are going but at where we've been. The situation at this time last year was truly ominous.
Straight from the mouth of the Gipper . . .

I really hope that Obama DOES talk about fiscal conservation. That means he is actuially LISTENING to the American people and responding to their needs like a true leader and risking pissing off his electoral base. WOW . . think of THAT!! A president who listens to the American people and tries to do what they want? :wacko: Absolutely GROUNDBREAKING!!!!!

Why does he live in the past?

All Ronald Reagan did after his first year in office is bash the previous administrations. And he is widely seen as the "savior" of the Republican party, particularly by the Repubs that tried to separate themselves from Bush by calling themselves the keepers of the "true" Republican Party represented by Ronnie Reagan . .

The right can dish it out, but they suuuure cant take it when it IS their fault . . .

Straight from the mouth of the Gipper . . .

I really hope that Obama DOES talk about fiscal conservation. That means he is actuially LISTENING to the American people and responding to their needs like a true leader and risking pissing off his electoral base. WOW . . think of THAT!! A president who listens to the American people and tries to do what they want? :wacko: Absolutely GROUNDBREAKING!!!!!

yea, the people wanted change. he sold them on change. he didnt change anything.

yea, the people wanted change. he sold them on change. he didnt change anything.

The people wanted change . . . he aint George Bush or a Republican.

Didnt a lot of economists from both parties agree that the recession would have been a lot worse without the stimulus? :wacko:

I forget the right tries portrayu him as either a superhuman who can change the entire gubmnet in less than a year, end two wars he inherited, save the world economy and reform health care . .. . and then lambaste him when he cant and they refuse to help. :D

Be fair. At a minimum, President Obama has done a good job of repairing the Nation's international credibility, which is as influential globally as our military might. He's stayed relatively scandal-free (which seems important to you social conservatives out there). And he's succeeded in making household topics out of issues like national health care and budget deficits. You are certainly free to disagree with the President's positions on anything and everything. But there is no denying that we're better off if the nation is engaged on these topics, rather than continuing to pretend like they aren't problems.

Obama has his warts, and I'm certainly disappointed on various levels. But he's our president, and he's gotten some things right. Anyone who isn't willing to acknowledge that isn't worth listening to, IMO.

The people wanted change . . . he aint George Bush or a Republican.

Didnt a lot of economists from both parties agree that the recession would have been a lot worse without the stimulus? :wacko:

I forget the right tries portrayu him as either a superhuman who can change the entire gubmnet in less than a year, end two wars he inherited, save the world economy and reform health care . .. . and then lambaste him when he cant and they refuse to help. :D

The ENTIRE Republican platform consists of "must make Obama fail".

That's it. Period. End of story.

The ENTIRE Republican platform consists of "must make Obama fail".

That's it. Period. End of story.

Which is why nothing ever gets done . . they are too wrapped up with opposing the other party they fail to see what might actually be in the best interests of the country. That goes for BOTH parties . .