[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Big storm coming

matt770

I don't what we have here in Pittsburgh other than a major mess. I have been in snow deeper than my knees and I don't think that it is drifted snow so I really think we must have areas close to two feet. My house has been without power since 8:30 last night and I had to make my way into work at 6:30 am this morning. I really hate leaving my family at home like this as I am now stuck for a least a day or two. :wacko:

I just got back from a trip to Fargo where they refer to this phenomenon as winter. :D

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We dodged it. Only got 3 inches. Driveway is clear without having to shovel this time! Probably all rain tomorrow. Our Arlington office is shut down tight though.

we got 5 inches but it snowed for probably an hour or two before it started to stick.

oh and schools were still 2 hours late today :wacko: all roads are basically 95% clear just from the sun yesterday

Edited by keggerz

That's where knowing the side streets is incredibly handy, if you can make it work for your drive. It's not necessarily that the highways are in terrible shape, but there's way too many idiots out driving on them that I want to avoid in that situation.

Ursa, I hear you on the berm and the ice. I just hacked mine down to the pavement yesterday afternoon, just in time for the new snowfall. The good news is the blower won't have any problems clearing the driveway now.

Unfortunately for the wifey, its all highways until she's just about home. She'll be good and mad by the time she gets here... :wacko:

I am more fortunate in that I can work from home and I work much closer to home so I can do side streets, etc, if I do decide to go in to the office on snowy days. My truck goes through snow like nothin but I still have to wait for those who are flailing around in it in their little cars so I usually just avoid the aggravation :D

And I just got back in from cleaning the driveway. Its the light, fluffy stuff so the blower really throws it well but the wind is blowing it all around...

Edited by Delicious_bass

6-10 more to go on top of all the crap that we still can't move. My house has been without power since Friday night. I have not been home other than to shower and change clothes and this really sucks.

Lucky you. They just bumped us up to 10 to 20 inches. I'm going to organize a neighborhood pilgrimage to the stores tomorrow morning.

6-10 more to go on top of all the crap that we still can't move. My house has been without power since Friday night. I have not been home other than to shower and change clothes and this really sucks.

i'm in houston. i'm supposed to be flying home wednesday from here to detroit then to state college......

uh oh.....time for hippy to find a pillow store?

I have heard at least 8 more inches tomorrow night, we had over 30 here in Hagerstucky. My snow blower has already paid for itself :DGot a bottle of Captain Morgan from 1 neighbor and a case of beer from another for letting them borrow it :D I pissed off the snow plow guy too as I cleard it out as quick as he put it back, he finally gave up :wacko:

My HERO!!

10" to 14" coming here for Wed and Wed night.....I better fill the gas cans :D

Power just went on at my house. That was a 4 day stretch and now with the storm that is coming, I am hunting hard for a generator. It seems there is no where that has one, which is normal but if anyone has a good idea of somewhere I can check, LET ME KNOW PLEASE.

We got 22" on saturday....about 6 " or so has melted from the sun the last couple days....but there are huge mounds (:D) everywhere that are now just solid ice.

.....now we are forecasted to get 14-18" tonight and tomorrow. :wacko: I'll certainly be working/shoveling from home tomorrow, and perhaps even Thursday, depending upon when it stops and if the plows can do their thing.

We got 22" on saturday....about 6 " or so has melted from the sun the last couple days....but there are huge mounds (:D) everywhere that are now just solid ice.

.....now we are forecasted to get 14-18" tonight and tomorrow. :wacko: I'll certainly be working/shoveling from home tomorrow, and perhaps even Thursday, depending upon when it stops and if the plows can do their thing.

I just saw on the news it is coming from your way to mine and to expect another 10-20 inches. I just hope the Fed keeps closing or that I can tele work

I just saw on the news it is coming from your way to mine and to expect another 10-20 inches. I just hope the Fed keeps closing or that I can tele work

:wacko: I'm north of you.....45 minutes NW of Philly. I think we'll be getting it at about the same time.

From what they are saying, we'll be getting 6-8 inches from storm 1 overnight, it'll blend and reform with storm #2 tomorrow to form a violent Nor'easter over the coast, and throw another 8-10 inches back at us thru the day tomorrow in blizzard-like conditions.

Fun.

:wacko: I'm north of you.....45 minutes NW of Philly. I think we'll be getting it at about the same time.

From what they are saying, we'll be getting 6-8 inches from storm 1 overnight, it'll blend and reform with storm #2 tomorrow to form a violent Nor'easter over the coast, and throw another 8-10 inches back at us thru the day tomorrow in blizzard-like conditions.

Fun.

I am about 70 miles north/west of DC in Hagerstown, yes it will be about the same time and it is supposed to be ugly. Plenty of beer, Captain and vicodin

we were supposed to get a dusting to an inch at best (rained all last nite)..started snowing around 7am'ish and by 9:30am we already had 3 inches...yet the email update I got at 9:45 said to expect 1-3 inches for our area...yet it is still snowing...we probably had whiteout blizzard conditions for about an hour or so.

7 inches currently on the ground here outside Valley Forge, and another 10-12 expected. Blizzard warnings posted until midnight. And this snow is a mix of sleet and snow, making it uber-heavy.

Ugliness.

Are you in the Valley Forge area? If so I may be playing in a amatuer pool tourny there sometime soon. We have about 9-10 inches here and it is snowing very hard still

Snowmaggedon 2010!!! Hide the women & children.

They were showing joke panic videos people had sent in this morning on the local news. One had a guy standing in a peaceful field beside a snow-covered tree screaming in a panic that the tree limb was hitting the ground!! It was hilarious.

I did think the time lapse videos were cool though.

ETA: I'm home today for the first time this winter. We got an 3 inches of sleet/ ice / snow in the morning of rush hour. Hundreds of accidents. Most our other storms were Saturday morning so it hasn't been that bad on the roads.

Edited by TimC