[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A shout out to Colts fans.

tbimm

I went in to work for a while this morning and the only calls we were getting were from people we know in Indy calling to congratulate us on the big win.

Also I have seen nothing but class from Huddler Colts fans. Thank you all for being as cool as you are. It was a tough loss for the Colts and their fans but you know you have a great team and fan base. Here's to a repeat engagement in Dallas next season! :wacko:

I went in to work for a while this morning and the only calls we were getting were from people we know in Indy calling to congratulate us on the big win.

Also I have seen nothing but class from Huddler Colts fans. Thank you all for being as cool as you are. It was a tough loss for the Colts and their fans but you know you have a great team and fan base. Here's to a repeat engagement in Dallas next season! :wacko:

I personally have not commented on the game, once over, at all - other than to blame myself for getting the flu and providing bad karma. Neither to congratulate the Saints or its fans, or to gripe, etc...

I'm pissed. I'll admit it. I wanted the Colts to absolutely pound "Who Dat" out of the english language. Didn't happen. I'll get over it.

Saints were the better team, and deserved it. I'm not gonna go all Rovers and not show up around here. Or refuse to live up to my end of any bets I made. Or complain about the bet. Then claim the losing team was better. Or make assertions that how I'm acting is any different than when after my team won. And then blame it on the fans that point these facts out. But that's just me. Man, I'm in a bad mood today.

Edited by CaptainHook

Saints were the better team, and deserved it. I'm not gonna go all Rovers and not show up around here. Or refuse to live up to my end of any bets I made. Or complain about the bet. Then claim the losing team was better. Or make assertions that how I'm acting is any different than when after my team won. And then blame it on the fans that point these facts out. But that's just me. Man, I'm in a bad mood today.

That post covered alot of ground if not history. :wacko:

I've said all along right after Colts and Saints won the Conf games that this is a great SB because either way a team I like wins. Must as it sucked for Colts to lose and esp how they lost at the end, I always kinda liked (OK admittedly partly in pity from the "Aints" days) the Saints and glad for the team to win it. And on the whole near as I can tell they are very much a class act team which also "softens the blow" a lot. Plus it's nice to see someone diff up there winning it for a change, esp someone who never has. So in a nutshell it's easy to be gracious here. :D Props

LMAO. Hook, seriously? I never failed to live up to the sig line bet. That is a flat out lie. I never claimed the Jets were better than the Colts. Another bald faced lie. I came to the Huddle the next morning after the late game played between the Jets and Colts. I wasn't even on the comp at any point that Sunday, I was not at home. When I got up the next day, I posted the sig.

Then that sig had "directions" attached to it. "Directions" I failed to notice for about 2 minutes, when I saw a post of mine. I went back, read the "directions" about removing spaces from here and there, etc, and "fixed" it. In those few minutes, you went off on a rant about how I didn't post the sig correctly. Then you were counting the HOURS it took me to get the sig up.

You acted like such a tool, yeah, I started to tweak yer nipples after that. That part of it was fun. I don't claim I didn't act differently either. I didn't post just to tweak yer little nipples a little more, and that was fun too. But don't call me a welcher. I WILL call YOU a liar however, because what you said here does contain flat out lies.

Oh, and I sure was happy to see the Colts lose... only because of you. :wacko:

I never claimed the Jets were better than the Colts. Another bald faced lie.

Do you get tired of being wrong?

As for sour grapes, I think not. The Jets lost. They lost to Manning. No need to trash the LB corp like you did... you sound more like sour grapes than I do. I say the Jets are the better team. I say Manning walks on water. Without Manning, the Colts are an average team.

Repeated here:

Runt, my mistake, it was Hook...

Hey, I'm wearin the sig. I don't have to like it. I don't have to agree with it. I just have to wear it. Sorry if I am not groveling enough to suit you Hook. Deal with it. Tonorator whined about his sig too, but wants to call me out here? After calling me an assface? OK...LOL.

The Jets had a chance in this game. Losing Strickland did hurt. Yes, the guy is injury prone, but the Jets had to change their D scheme significantly after that. Leonard didn't blitz even one time after he went down. Losing Greene hurt too. Jones was on a bad wheel and was obviously worn down in the playoffs. The Jets OWNED the Colts for 28 minutes in the first half. That is proof that the week 16 game was no automatic loss if the Colts kept their starters in.

The Colts are a very average team with the best QB in the history of the NFL. They aren't the Indianapolis Colts, they are the Manning Colts. The Jets are the better team. The Colts have the best QB ever. They won because of Manning, and no other reason. He was perfect in the second half. Best QB performance I ever saw.

Edited by CaptainHook

And who can forget this lie?

I didn't post the sig for the Bengals or the SD games until the following day. I didn't realize you would be chomping at the bit like that. I mean, when the Jets won, posting the loser's sig was not the very next thing I had to do after the games were over. But it appears as though it was the very first thing on your mind when you got home from the game. :D

Sounds like the first thing you did when you got home was go on line to write the sig. A very high priority. It isn't a high priority for me, win or lose. 24 hours is fine.

:D

20 minutes after the Jets beat the Chargers you were online posting about it. First here . Seven minutes later you post the sig.

Two and a half hours after the Bengals game you posted the sig here.

:wacko:

Just callin' 'em like I see 'em.

Let's be careful throwing about the "bald faced" liar comments Rovers.

Edited by CaptainHook

Do you get tired of being wrong?

Repeated again here:

That was a hypothetical. Last time I looked, Manning was still part of the TEAM. He is the best QB of his era. I've said that many times. Now, IF he weren't on the Colts, I think the Jets are the better team, but he IS on the Colts. It's a hypothetical. Manning makes the Colts a great team and as long as he is a Colt, they are the better TEAM. Without him.... different story. Just my opinion.

Having some trouble with reading comprehension?

If Manning played against the Saints as well as he played against the Jets, you wouldn't be in such a bad mood. The Colts would have won.

I didn't welch on the bet at all. I guess after a long day of football, when I got home around 11pm, instead of heading to bed I should have thought how upset you would be getting yer panties all wet waiting for me to post the sig. You were actually counting the HOURS! LOL... dude... get a grip. I have to admit, I was laughing out loud when for the 5 to 10 minutes the sig wasn't "correct" you went into a tirade about it.

After that, it was game on.... and I guess my attempts at getting yer panties all bunched up worked pretty well. It was too easy. But don't go insinuating I'm a welcher. That was wrong, a lie, and pathetic.

I also think it's funny that you've posted maybe 3 times in the last two weeks with your new sig. As soon as the Super Bowl is over, guess who's back? :D

The thing that is funny about it is how much it got you all bunged up! Yes, I did that on purpose, and it worked like a charm. :wacko:

That was a hypothetical. Last time I looked, Manning was still part of the TEAM. He is the best QB of his era. I've said that many times. Now, IF he weren't on the Colts, I think the Jets are the better team, but he IS on the Colts. It's a hypothetical. Manning makes the Colts a great team and as long as he is a Colt, they are the better TEAM. Without him.... different story. Just my opinion.

Having some trouble with reading comprehension?

If Manning played against the Saints as well as he played against the Jets, you wouldn't be in such a bad mood. The Colts would have won.

I didn't welch on the bet at all. I guess after a long day of football, when I got home around 11pm, instead of heading to bed I should have thought how upset you would be getting yer panties all wet waiting for me to post the sig. You were actually counting the HOURS! LOL... dude... get a grip. I have to admit, I was laughing out loud when for the 5 to 10 minutes the sig wasn't "correct" you went into a tirade about it.

After that, it was game on.... and I guess my attempts at getting yer panties all bunched up worked pretty well. It was too easy. But don't go insinuating I'm a welcher. That was wrong, a lie, and pathetic.

How many times you gonna change your story? You're a welcher, a complainer, a sore loser, and a liar.

To have you 2, Hook, Rov, argue,berate each other in this post shows no class by either of you. Guy was posting showing the class showed by Indy, and u2 turn it into something else. Pathetic. I have no beef with either of u2, I've usually enjoyed your posts, insights, todays not that day.

Rovers, today is not the day, or this week the week, to pick a fight with Hook. Let it go.

Hook, as weird as it may seem, as a Patriots fan I can empathize with you.

3 SB's ago, everybody thought the Patriots would beat the Giants. ( i know you were nervous about yesterdays ooutcome, prior)

Would have been, should have been 19 -0 for Patriots. ha!

The Saints, yesterday, reminded me of the Giants, they played an almost perfect game.

It's what it took to beat the Colts. All you can do is tip your hat, as you have done......

and lick your wounds. they heal.

To have you 2, Hook, Rov, argue,berate each other in this post shows no class by either of you. Guy was posting showing the class showed by Indy, and u2 turn it into something else. Pathetic. I have no beef with either of u2, I've usually enjoyed your posts, insights, todays not that day.

My bad. Rovers hasn't been around the last two weeks. First chance to let him know how I feel about his actions. Bad place to do it.

congrats Saints. carry on. i did say in my first post of this thread that I was in a bad mood. . .

Edited by CaptainHook

Colts fans were great this weekend. Never had a problem with any of them and they all congratulated us after the game. Class acts.

Although I did have a good laugh when I ran into a Colts cheerleader Saturday night. I had my Archie Manning jersey on at the OAR concert and she came up to me and said "I'm confused. Your jersey says Manning, but its a Saints jersey?" We explained to her it was Peytons dad and began a little friendly trash talking.

Her: Do you know where your QB is from?

Us: Yeah, he was born in Texas but went to Purdue.

Her: That's right! Go Indiana!

Us: Do you know where your QB is from?

Her: Tennessee.

Us: That's where he went to school, but he was born in New Orleans! Who Dat!

An unbelievable weekend. Still smiling...

Edited by myhousekey

I apologize for my part in this, but I certainly didn't instigate it. I posted the sig the morning after the game, and I'm supposed to keep my mouth shut when someone calls me a welcher? And I did post afterwards, but got tired of Hook's constant badgering. The guy seems obsessed, searching through posts, and whining. Was I expected to say nothing? I didn't hijack the thread, he did. Call me Dr. Hookenstien. It's alive! I created a monster! LOL... sorry for ... um... defending myself? Um... OK.

Carry on.

Colts fans were great this weekend. Never had a problem with any of them and they all congratulated us after the game. Class acts.

Although I did have a good laugh when I ran into a Colts cheerleader Saturday night. I had my Archie Manning jersey on at the OAR concert and she came up to me and said "I'm confused. Your jersey says Manning, but its a Saints jersey?" We explained to her it was Peytons dad and began a little friendly trash talking.

Her: Do you know where your QB is from?

Us: Yeah, he was born in Texas but went to Purdue.

Her: That's right! Go Indiana!

Us: Do you know where your QB is from?

Her: Tennessee.

Us: That's where he went to school, but he was born in New Orleans! Who Dat!

An unbelievable weekend. Still smiling...

Pics and more details, please. :wacko:

Pics and more details, please. :wacko:

This was her.

She was really cool. There was a guy with her (think it was her brother because he looked too young to be her boyfriend). He told us she was pissed because he was rooting for the Saints.

Edited by myhousekey

to bad you couldn't make it to the game, but sounds like you had a blast anyway.

Congratz!!

Oh I was there. Ended up getting tickets thru a buddy that works for the team....and passes to the players family pregame tailgate (sat next to Sean Paytons family and even got to chat with his wife) and team post game party (celebrity central). An AMAZING weekend.