[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

tiger woods

dmarc117

MARANA, Ariz. (AP) - Tiger Woods will speak to the media Friday for the first time since revelations about his infidelity, his agent says.

Woods is to speak Friday morning from the clubhouse at the TPC Sawgrass, headquarters of the PGA Tour in Florida. The news conference will occur during the middle of the Accenture Match Play Championship, one of the sponsors that dropped him during his sex scandal.

Woods' agent says the media will be limited.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He'll say the obligatory apologies and thank those who have stood by him through this blah blah blah :wacko:

Anyone expecting he'll answer questions and/or go into details of his sexploits will be dissappointed, IMO.

It'll still be more interesting than Favre commenting on his retirement.

Am I the only one who thinks that maybe Elin should be scrutinized more heavily?

If she's really the type of person who would hit her husband upside the head with a golf club and then chase him down hitting the Escalade as well, to me that smacks of some instability on her part - regardless of Tiger's offenses.

I just can't believe no one is looking at that part of things. If I had a wife like that, I'd probably be cheating on her too. And yes, I'm serious.

Am I the only one who thinks that maybe Elin should be scrutinized more heavily?

If she's really the type of person who would hit her husband upside the head with a golf club and then chase him down hitting the Escalade as well, to me that smacks of some instability on her part - regardless of Tiger's offenses.

I just can't believe no one is looking at that part of things. If I had a wife like that, I'd probably be cheating on her too. And yes, I'm serious.

:wacko: so you'd be sane if yer wife was fokin 15 guys and you were home changin diapers

:wacko: so you'd be sane if yer wife was fokin 15 guys and you were home changin diapers

Maybe I would if the payday was anything like a Tiger payday.

Having said that, you are right nuke, no way a woman or a man for that matter keeps it together knowing any of that crap. Unless they really don't care and were in it just for the payday.

cunning, really?? come on!!!

and imo tiger is a gigantic bagina. take your medicine and answer questions!!! dont have a staged circus where you only read a statement!! i hate this frucker!!!

I know this is the conventional wisdom, but can we step back for a second and ask ourselves why a golfer owes the public an explanation of his sex life? How in the &%$# did we get here??

and imo tiger is a gigantic bagina. take your medicine and answer questions!!! dont have a staged circus where you only read a statement!! i hate this frucker!!!

Who gives a crap what he does? It's his and his wife's business, no-one else's.

I know this is the conventional wisdom, but can we step back for a second and ask ourselves why a golfer owes the public an explanation of his sex life? How in the &%$# did we get here??

Exactly. What a bunch of small minded holier-than-thou tittering gossips we as a nation have become. Pathetic.

Woods is a dumbass for marrying a f*cking nanny.

He either didn't figure out that he would get bored out of his mind or he thought that he could cheat and get away with it more easily given the socioeconomic disparity between the two.

Its kinda like Brad Pitt marrying a Gap store clerk.

Exactly. What a bunch of small minded holier-than-thou tittering gossips we as a nation have become. Pathetic.

completely agree. i said imo, he is a dbag for not manning up. if youre going to 'go public', then be a man. once again, imo.

completely agree. i said imo, he is a dbag for not manning up. if youre going to 'go public', then be a man. once again, imo.

He released a statement admitting to infidelity. I don't get it, you want more details? What would be "manning up"? To me that would mean fixing things at home (reconcile/divorce, get help/become a swinging bachelor), then get back on the course and on with your life.

+1. The same country that wants to waste tax payer money on a congressional hearing to talk to Toyota management. Huh? If you've got something for the judicial system (i.e. they broke some law) then great, if not, let the market serve itself.

:wacko: Awesome. I pretty much disagree with everything you said but I like your perspective.

+1

I was watching something on espn yesterday while home sick and a guy made a good point about taking your lumps. He pointed out that Kobe had a presser with questions and all, took his lumps in one day and that was it - you don't really hear about his scandal anymore. On the other side of the coin, guys like Mcguire and Sosa who wouldn't answer questions and avoided the truth are still being ridiculed. I agree with this assesment. Have 1 presser where you're forced to answer questions you don't want to, get it over with and you're done for life. The more concealed he makes this, the more people are going to bug him in the long run. Plus, he just needs to man up and get it out there. He's not fooling anybody, his actions were juvenile and if he truly wants to move on and be a better man, he'd allow questions.

+1

I was watching something on espn yesterday while home sick and a guy made a good point about taking your lumps. He pointed out that Kobe had a presser with questions and all, took his lumps in one day and that was it - you don't really hear about his scandal anymore. On the other side of the coin, guys like Mcguire and Sosa who wouldn't answer questions and avoided the truth are still being ridiculed. I agree with this assesment. Have 1 presser where you're forced to answer questions you don't want to, get it over with and you're done for life. The more concealed he makes this, the more people are going to bug him in the long run. Plus, he just needs to man up and get it out there. He's not fooling anybody, his actions were juvenile and if he truly wants to move on and be a better man, he'd allow questions.

The obvious difference between Tiger and McGwire/Sosa is Tiger didnt cheat his sport. His transgressions were against his wife/marriage.

He shouldnt need to explain himself to anyone other than Elin, nor should he need to apologize to anyone other than his sponsors. But because he's a celeb, his business is fair game in the eyes of a lot of people. So, with that said, I think it would be in his best interest to basically put everything out there in this presser so people will stop prying/needling and move on. Our society has a tendancy to accept those who come right out and admit what they did(ie Kobe) but forever hassle those who try to keep it concealed. Not exactly fair, but kinda the way it is...

Edited by Delicious_bass

Hmmm...

I do wanna know why she's not in jail though. If she truly clubbed him (pun intended) upside the head with a golf club, she shoulda been cuffed and locked up, but because poor Elin is the victim of Tiger's infidelity, she gets a pass. I call bullsh-t. Infidelity is not a crime. Hitting someone in the head with a golf club is.

Look, I'm not saying Tiger's in the right by any means, but maybe her violent outburst is an indication of what Tiger is married to.

Bash away. I can take it.

I don't see a prosecutor touching that case.

With a witness, sure he/she would.

If Woods smacked Nordegren in the grille with a golf club, he'd get prosecuted even if Elin was the Queen of Whore Island.

If Woods smacked Nordegren in the grille with a golf club, he'd get prosecuted even if Elin was the Queen of Whore Island.

Agree...but there's a double standard there.

Do we even know for sure that she beat him up? I've heard so much bullchit about this that I cannot remember facts from fiction.