[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Caprica

cre8tiff

OK,

I love this show. It is well written and I love the arcs of the virtual world versus the real world. I can't wait to see how the 7 come into existence, as BSG portrayed the Centurians as not quite as advanced, yet

the girl is inside the first one...

I agree totally. In fact, as much as I loved BSG, I think the story is better here. Fracking awesome show.

+1

When I first started watching it I thought it was going to be mediocre. But as I kept watching the storyline got a little more interesting and with this last episode I'm pretty much hooked. It's very well written and the acting is pretty damn good. I just hope they don't start "winging" (or at least the feeling of winging it) it a couple of seasons in like BSG.

• 2 weeks later...

This show is soooooo sloooooow. Frak me. Great premise but they are just killing me with long boring conversations and a story that just doesn't seem to move. They could almost cut each of these hours to a half hour show and be fine.

Ratings are lousy. Lots of web speculation that it might not be renewed for a second season.

I've never been a fan of prequels. It's hard to sustain drama and suspense when you know where the finish line is. The scope of this series (creation of the Cylons leading to the fall) v. BSG (mankind fighting for its very survival) pales.

While I find this show interesting and have a curiosity to see how things develop, I just haven't emotionally invested in it like I did in BSG.

Edited by General Itals

I'm starting to agree with you guys. It seems to be mired too much in minutiae. There are at least 10 minutes of every frakkin' show dedicated to reminding us that Zoe is in the Cylon body. We get it already. Also, we know nothing more about SOTO than we did 3-4 episodes ago.

The story lines are fantastic, the acting is good, and the show is a visual treat with the 30's/40's garb and the sci-fi mixture. It just doesn't seem to be going anywhere. :wacko:

• 6 months later...

I lost track in that series after the first few episodes. Was a big BSG fan, but Caprica just didn't get me going. Too bad, maybe they'll prove me wrong but I'm assuming this thing doesn't last very long.