[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bitter-sweet week for Twins

Gopher

Of course, now the question becomes, do they still have enough $$ available to make other FA signings and contend over the better part of the next decade, given that they've committed so much money to one guy? Still, this was a must-sign for MN, given that arguably the best all-around player in the game was/is willing to stay there, if they could get it done. Guys like Mauer don't come around very often, in more ways than one. Home-town kid, wants to stay and play in his home town (around friends/family), not to mention how rare it is for a catcher to win an MVP and multiple batting titles.

I'm really looking forward to making a trip back to MN this summer, to watch outdoor baseball there for the first time in over 25 years. :wacko:

I'm really looking forward to making a trip back to MN this summer, to watch outdoor baseball there for the first time in over 25 years. :wacko:

yea outdoor baseball in Minny during April,Sept, & Oct sounds like fun.

and congrats on the signing.

Edited by SLAYER

He is one guy you sign no matter what...no matter the money, no matter the park he'll play in. Others on that team, I'm not sure you go too fast--they have time to figure out what that team will be. What they won't be is the homer dome juggernauts they've been. Will be interesting to see who I consider to be the best manager in the game today...what he does with this team.

I like the signing...The Pohlads have said with the new ball park, they can increase their payroll by 30 mil per year. The Twins are no longer a small market team with a payroll over 90 million. They are going to have some tough decisions in the next year or two when many contracts are coming due like Cuddy, Kubel, Morneau (2012) and I think a few pitchers are looking to get paid as well. I just hope the Twins continue to develop the young players because we might not be able to keep them all.

What they won't be is the homer dome juggernauts they've been. Will be interesting to see who I consider to be the best manager in the game today...what he does with this team.

The Dome was a major benefit, no doubt, and very intimidating when full. That said, the new place is awesome and the Twins have already sold 2.5 million of the total 3.2 million tickets to be had. They'll easily pass 3 million for the opening season.

The Dome was a major benefit, no doubt, and very intimidating when full. That said, the new place is awesome and the Twins have already sold 2.5 million of the total 3.2 million tickets to be had. They'll easily pass 3 million for the opening season.

You never count this team out with Gardenhire. Period.

The dome was a horrible place to play in. About as unfair as it can get. My boys always got hammered there.

• 2 weeks later...