[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Clash of the Titans, in 3D

Skilly

..............meh.

Saw this yesterday in 3D. The theater was about half full. The 3D effects were underwhelming, and I just found out today that they were actually added after the movie was completed....I suppose so they could cash in on the recent 3D trend. My 13 year old son liked it, and I suppose it will appeal to that age group.

It's your basic big, dumb, loud, special effects laden popcorn flick......nothing more.

It's your basic big, dumb, loud, special effects laden popcorn flick......nothing more.

As opposed to the thoughtful introspective masterpiece on the human condition that harry Hamlin won multiple awards for? :D

Oh wait . . . . :wacko:

It is what it is . . another bad remake. In the same genre of bastardized shows we liked as kids that were badly done like Dukes of Hazzrd, GI Joe, and Transformers.

If they screw up teh A Team movie I am going to be soooooo pissed.

I also heard that they just decided to throw some 3-D effects together for this movie. Unlike Avatar where they actually fillmed the movie with special cameras/film. I will be seeing this...but probably just in 2-D.

And the A-Team movie looks like it might disappoint, IMO.

Not to be a D-bag (because usually I leave that for the many around here) but of course it looks like it'll disappoint. There hasn't really been a old school genre they've done justice to (with the exception of Batman and that is only after screwing up 4 movies in a row (exception clause of Iron Man)). I guess my biggest problem is that it's not like many of the originals were Shakespeare. I think Hollywood would be surprised if they did a well written movie and underplayed the series. A team, GI joe, transformers, all of which could have been just as good as Batman if they were done right. How movies like Dukes of Hazard get made are beyond my comprehension. It's kind of like how video game movies get screwed up. Seriously, they have a built in audience that is willing to spend money to see a decent movie and yet they bastardize the material and water it down to the lowest denominator. Hopefully, they can get something right. I like the idea of childhood shows getting made into current movies. I just think the results have been pretty weak. :wacko:

Not to be a D-bag (because usually I leave that for the many around here) but of course it looks like it'll disappoint. There hasn't really been a old school genre they've done justice to (with the exception of Batman and that is only after screwing up 4 movies in a row (exception clause of Iron Man)). I guess my biggest problem is that it's not like many of the originals were Shakespeare. I think Hollywood would be surprised if they did a well written movie and underplayed the series. A team, GI joe, transformers, all of which could have been just as good as Batman if they were done right. How movies like Dukes of Hazard get made are beyond my comprehension. It's kind of like how video game movies get screwed up. Seriously, they have a built in audience that is willing to spend money to see a decent movie and yet they bastardize the material and water it down to the lowest denominator. Hopefully, they can get something right. I like the idea of childhood shows getting made into current movies. I just think the results have been pretty weak. :wacko:

If you didn't grow up with the "Duke boys", you'll never understand...

If you didn't grow up with the "Duke boys", you'll never understand...

I might have had a little too much Easter wine before that post, but what I meant was the Dukes of Hazard movie that was actually made. The one with Knoxville and Stiffler was nothing like the actual Dukes of Hazard. They could have made a crappy low rent movie without bringing the Dukes into it. And if you are going to go through the trouble of invoking a beloved show from yester-year, why not actually make it good :wacko: