[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just in case you're going to draft Vincent Jackson this year....

Chargerz

This is 6/16 of his annual schedule with corresponding salary, which would amount to 137 days, so 19.5 weeks, so 4.5 months for the working stiffs. If you make 50k a year that's a $18,750 suspension - double+ that for six-figures.

No thanks, I'll keep mine in my pants.

Luckily I invented the condom and money is nothing to me.

Luckily I invented the condom and money is nothing to me.

:wacko: First condoms date back to acient Egypt, but the first useful ones date back to the 16th century, and Charles Goodyear invented the first rubber condom in the 19th century, then were becoming mass produced in the 1920s.

:tup: First condoms date back to acient Egypt, but the first useful ones date back to the 16th century, and Charles Goodyear invented the first rubber condom in the 19th century, then were becoming mass produced in the 1920s.

:tup: Nice history lesson! :wacko:

OK - Without removing the knucklehead factor which he clearly exhibits at times.

He has two misdemeanor convictions, and has fulfilled his sentencing (see docs original post). He was stopped for loud music, not speeding or any other form of reckless driving (a lot of guys fire themselves up with pre-game tunes) and if he was a schmuck or slacker, AJ would have disappeared him already.

I don't really put him in the dirt bag zone, the team has been very pleased with his work ethic, how he treats his teammates and also believe he is trying to be a true character guy. He has a lot to learn but he is trying in my humble opinion. He should be HUGH again this year if you can work around 3 or 4 games (including bye).

Isn't like he is going out getting girls drunk and raping them... ALEGEDLY :wacko:

I think Jackson is a knucklehead/moron

I think Rothlisraper is garbage.

That being said one guy committed multiple infractions that he's been found guilty on.

The other guy more then likely did the things he was accused of, but he wasn't charged. I just think that it comes into play.

Ehh . . .

One had poor judgement that a lot of people are guilty of.

Ruthlessraper's incidents go way beyond that, and are outside the realm of most people's realities.

Hopefully Vincent will learn how to freakin call a car service in the future.

I think Jackson is a knucklehead/moron

I think Rothlisraper is garbage.

That being said one guy committed multiple infractions that he's been found guilty on.

The other guy more then likely did the things he was accused of, but he wasn't charged. I just think that it comes into play.

Spot on IMO.

Jackson has a legal history, Ben has a history of legal allegations. Big difference, and Goodell knows that.

Ehh . . .

Ruthlessraper's incidents go way beyond that, and are outside the realm of most people's realities.

So... driving drunk is ok because lots of people do it?

Spot on IMO.

Jackson has a legal history, Ben has a history of legal allegations. Big difference, and Goodell knows that.

No. It isnt Ok at all. But it is easier for others to "identify" with verses sexual assault. That DOES matter in the court of public opinion . . . . whether we like it or not. :wacko:

So is driving over the speed limit ok because a lot of people do it? :wacko:

I'm not equating the two but let's not act like there aren't some social norms at work in society. We all know that it isn't as black and white as legal vs. illegal.

The whole "3rd year" 'rule' comes from the fact that most WRs breakout in years 2-4. Very few break out in years five or later, so Floyd will have to be a significant exception in order to become FF relevant.

i agree with this. he's a nice piece for the Chargers' offense, but he's not of great fantasy value. VJax, Gates, and Mathews will do the scoring for the Chargers.

Ehh . . .

So is driving over the speed limit ok because a lot of people do it? :wacko:

I'm not equating the two but let's not act like there aren't some social norms at work in society. We all know that it isn't as black and white as legal vs. illegal.

Tell that to the parents of my friend in HS who was hit and killed by a drunk driver on his way home from work.

Or tell that to the 6 month old girl, who's mother was killed by a drunk driver... That happened to my wife's friends. I think you should remove your head from your ass before you start downplaying drunk driving.

Social norms my ass. It's more than poor judgement, its Penny Laneing murder.

Edited by piratesownninjas

Tell that to the parents of my friend in HS who was hit and killed by a drunk driver on his way home from work.

Or tell that to the 6 month old girl, who's mother was killed by a drunk driver... That happened to my wife's friends. I think you should remove your head from your ass before you start downplaying drunk driving.

So you honestly say beyond a shadow of a doubt that you have NEVER had an alcoholic beverage and then driven anytime afterward? Really?

Also more people are guilty of that then of sexually assaulting someone (which was the point that was posted)

Ehh . . .

Hiow many DUI's did Donte Stallworth have prior to driving drunk and killing a pedestrian? The first one is no less dangerous than the 10th.

eta: And I am a V-Jax owner in a Keeper League.

Edited by Jrick35

I had a friend get killed by someone running a stop sign. Have you come to a complete stop every time? I've had plenty of losses from DDing (my fraternity brother's wife was killed on Mothers day while pregnant with their first child who luckily survived) but I'm not going to be irrational about it. The bars are full of people on the weekend and very few have had 2 or less beers before they leave. There has been studies that show that text messaging and driving is as bad as drunk drivers. Ever done that (or check an email on a blackberry)? Don't get holier than thou on me. Go be a jackass in someone other thread.

BP at least got the point I was trying to make. I doubt have of you turds get this huffy and puffy with someone in real life (not talking about fighting, just the insta-soap box nonsense). I was just making a point that regardless of law there is a vast difference between people driving over .08 and people being accused of sexual assault (especially twice). Maybe it's just my little igloo of the world but I don't know a person that has been accused of sexual assault but there are only a few people I could honestly say that have never had 3 beers and gotten behind the wheel.